Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Help] Building an RC kite

Hi, I'm totally new in making a RC toy. May I know what are the electrical components like servo, rx, tx and esc is best for a RC kite?

My budge for the tx is $200.

And also, does the transmitter come with other components?

Thank you in advance!

Ok, I have decided to get the SPEKTRUM DX6i for the transmitter. What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by dhf View Post
      Ok, I have decided to get the SPEKTRUM DX6i for the transmitter. What do you guys think?
      A new set of DX6i comes a AR6200 receiver. It is a good transmitter to start with. The only complaint about this equipment is the trimming switch may break after a while. But you can easily rectify it, if the equipment is out of warranty.

You don't need special servos, or top of the range stuff to use on the RC kite. ESC will depend on the motor you are using.

Comment

Hi yongsinchee thanks for replying!

hmm.. what kind of servo is recommended for just the ailerons/elevators and what kind of motor is most suitable for it? And what spec should I look out when buying an ESC for the motor?

Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Ok, I think I know how to match the motor and esc. I'm just wondering how to connect the servos.

I'm building a kite which has 2 flaps acting as both the ailerons and elevators.

May I know how do I connect the servos to the receiver if I want both flaps to 'point up' so the kite will pitch up? and when I bank to the right, is it possible the right flap 'point up' and the left flap 'point down'? Or what people do is just right flap 'point up' when they want it to bank right?

Comment

I believe one servo will connects to the aileron's pins, while the other servo connects to the elevator's pins.

At your transmitter end, select Elevons setting. You may have to read the transmitter's manual on how to do that. At the same time, read the Reverse features also. You may have to use it, also

PM me if you need other info.

Comment

Originally posted by yongsinchee View Post
              I believe one servo will connects to the aileron's pins, while the other servo connects to the elevator's pins.

At your transmitter end, select Elevons setting. You may have to read the transmitter's manual on how to do that. At the same time, read the Reverse features also. You may have to use it, also

PM me if you need other info.
              Ohh... haha thanks a lot yongsinchee. You have cleared most of my doubts. My exams are about to end and will be getting my materials and electronics within these few days. In the mean time I'll read up more about the electronics. Once again thanks for replying~

Comment

Here you go.
                Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post
                  Thanks for the link! I'll read it through.

Comment

Alt. Buy a v-tail mixer lor

Comment

Working...
                    X