Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrapin for adoption

Hi,

I got one Terrapin ( red ear slider ) available for adoption.

It's about 2yrs old and now ard 8-10cm.

We are not into rearing Terrapin and wish to give away so that it can be in better hands.

Please contact me if u are interested

Thks

Mike

please don't set free in natural rivers or reservoirs

Hello HZM;

if you cannot find an owner, please don't set this terrapin free in our natural waterbodies such as Macritchie reservoir! The reason is that red-eared sliders out compete our local native wild turtles for food and our native turtles are being endangered as a result.

Botanic gardens, Bedok Reservoir, anywhere but MacRitchie or Seletar areas.

Check out this page of our native reptiles: http://www.wildsingapore.per.sg/discovery/Reptilla1.htm
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Sunstorm,

truly impressed with your awareness and inputs. If I may add, its even better not to introduce them anywhere including Botanic Gardens and Bedok Res. Displacement of native species is only one outcome with possible upsets to food chain/web unknown. In short, not a good idea adding to the ecological woes. Just to share. Tks.

Suresh

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
      Hello HZM;

if you cannot find an owner, please don't set this terrapin free in our natural waterbodies such as Macritchie reservoir! The reason is that red-eared sliders out compete our local native wild turtles for food and our native turtles are being endangered as a result.

Botanic gardens, Bedok Reservoir, anywhere but MacRitchie or Seletar areas.

Check out this page of our native reptiles: http://www.wildsingapore.per.sg/discovery/Reptilla1.htm

Comment

If really must let go....

Let go at the Ridout Tea Garden in Queenstown.
        There is a pond there with lots of turtles and people go there to feed them.

Your Terrapin will have lots of company !
        Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
          If really must let go....

Let go at the Ridout Tea Garden in Queenstown.
          There is a pond there with lots of turtles and people go there to feed them.

Your Terrapin will have lots of company !
          I was also thinking that place. I am not sure if it is legal or need to check w Mcdonalds. I don want to do anything illegal .... hee

Comment

why not donate to the Zoo
            JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

Donate to ur boyboy school pond. Maybe can get *** points from the principle.

Otherwise the brand new Bishan park looks good. Or AMK park, but that one got dead bodies b4.

Comment

Originally posted by HZM View Post
                I was also thinking that place. I am not sure if it is legal or need to check w Mcdonalds. I don want to do anything illegal .... hee
                Should be okay, bah ? ...I got a shock one day while at the Mac, when an elderly lady came to feed the turtles and called out to them like they were her childrens ...there was one particular one with a deformed shell which she seems very fond of

Just make sure you don't become so attached when you let go that scali we got old man feeding and calling them by name !

Comment

Should be okay, bah ? ...I got a shock one day while at the Mac, when an elderly lady came to feed the turtles and called out to them like they were her childrens ...there was one particular one with a deformed shell which she seems very fond of

Just make sure you don't become so attached when you let go that scali we got old man feeding and calling them by name !
                  Taken from AVA website: 6. I can no longer care for my pet. What should I do with it?
                  Find out why you are unable to care for your pet. If it is because of behavioural problems, try putting your pet through suitable training. You may also obtain help from your veterinarian or animal welfare groups that could help you resolve the problem.

If you really cannot keep your pet anymore, try to get it re-homed. You may also surrender your pet to the various animal welfare groups including the SPCA or to AVA's CAWC at 75 Pasir Panjang Road, Singapore 118507.

Pets should never be abandoned. It is an offence to abandon a pet. Upon conviction, the penalty for pet abandonment is up to $10,000, 12 months jail or both.
                  Heli

Align Trex 600N (Nitro ) Full Bling Gyro GY611. Governor
                  TJ Rev Max
                  Mini Titan SE
                  DJI Phantom Quad

Glider EP

TT Soaring Star (2M) Glider
                  Reichard Baracuda (3M) Glider
                  Mulitplex Easy Glider 4

Car
                  Kyosho 1/10 pitwork nitro car
                  Baja 5B SS 26cc gas engine with tune pipe

Nitro Plane

Sportman Aviation 50

Gas Plane Hokusei 300L 30cc Gas Plane
                  Goldwing Edge 540 50cc Gas Plane
                  Blackhorse Splitfire 120 size with DLE 20cc gas engine.
                  Sebart sukoi 30cc gas plane
                  Hokusai 30cc gas plane

Kyosho 40 size Splitfire Os 56size 4 stroke plane.
                  Hyperion Telios 90 Electric plane.
                  JR9XII 72.XXX MHZ
                  JR XG 14 DMSS
                  Futaba 14 MZ sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
                    If it is because of behavioural problems, try putting your pet through suitable training.
                    You can train a TURTLES ???

Bro, I believe AVA/SPCS's guidelines applys more for animals/pets which would have great difficulty fending for themselves if abandoned eg: Dogs, Cats, Hamsters, Rabbits..... (not to mention becoming a public nuisance)

Turtles are reptiles, ...natural born survivers ...however I do not condone releasing them into the wild as the specie could wreck havoc to the local eco system. ...look at what's happening in the US because some irresponsible people released their pet Burma pythons into the Everglades !

HZM is trying to find an alternative home for his turtle, failing which he could 'donate' it to the Mac'donald at Ridout Gardens who have a private turtle pond.

...where can I release my fighting spiders, huh ?

Comment

Any bushes ?

Comment

You can train a TURTLES ???
                        ...where can I release my fighting spiders, huh ?
                        Heey, OT a bit, I have seen arowanas, motoro rays (that is, our pet stingrays), and luohan fish in Bedok Reservoir.... all abandoned pets!

Of course, the terrapins, no need to say la...
                        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Bedok Reservoir

Heey, OT a bit, I have seen arowanas, motoro rays (that is, our pet stingrays), and luohan fish in Bedok Reservoir.... all abandoned pets!

Speaking of Bedok Reservoir, someone told me about this field somewhere around that area, used to be an old factory, the factory has been torn down and the area fenced up, so there is somekind of paved road which served as a landing strip...ppl been going there to fly both helis n planes, anyone know which field I am talking about???

Comment

Originally posted by dloh View Post
                            Speaking of Bedok Reservoir, someone told me about this field somewhere around that area, used to be an old factory, the factory has been torn down and the area fenced up, so there is somekind of paved road which served as a landing strip...ppl been going there to fly both helis n planes, anyone know which field I am talking about???
                            That field is gone. Work is already being done in the area.

It was really good when it lasted.

Cheers,
                            Adnan
                            Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                            ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                            Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Key Messages
                              The overaching theme of AVA's Responsible Pet Ownership Public Education Programme is "A Pet Is For Life". Our key responsible pet ownership messages include:

Do not abandon your pet
                              Do not buy a pet on impulse
                              Sterilize your pet to prevent unwanted litters
                              A pet is a lifetime commitment
                              Be a considerate pet owner
                              Heli

Align Trex 600N (Nitro ) Full Bling Gyro GY611. Governor
                              TJ Rev Max
                              Mini Titan SE
                              DJI Phantom Quad

Glider EP

TT Soaring Star (2M) Glider
                              Reichard Baracuda (3M) Glider
                              Mulitplex Easy Glider 4

Car
                              Kyosho 1/10 pitwork nitro car
                              Baja 5B SS 26cc gas engine with tune pipe

Nitro Plane

Sportman Aviation 50

Gas Plane Hokusei 300L 30cc Gas Plane
                              Goldwing Edge 540 50cc Gas Plane
                              Blackhorse Splitfire 120 size with DLE 20cc gas engine.
                              Sebart sukoi 30cc gas plane
                              Hokusai 30cc gas plane

Kyosho 40 size Splitfire Os 56size 4 stroke plane.
                              Hyperion Telios 90 Electric plane.
                              JR9XII 72.XXX MHZ
                              JR XG 14 DMSS
                              Futaba 14 MZ sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X