Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods to the MRP Voyager

Hi Guys,
    I am new to rc sailing but do know a little about sailboats and winds. I just bought the Voyager and took it out to Ponggol. The boat is easy to sail and very responsive.
    After closer inspection of the rigging, I found that some of it did not make sense so I modified the deck so thet the jib and main sail release at the same rate. (I am using a sail winch). The sails too looked less than efficient so I made a set out of ripstock, thus removing the wrinkles from the original sail.
    I am having a problem with the gooseneck as the stock version does not allow free movement of the mail sail.
    Can anyone help me design one for the boat? The mast is made of carbon fiber. I fly RC planes so I do have some materials to work with. If this wont do then perhaps I could be pointed in the direction where to purchase the items needed.
    Thanks so much. Will be at Ponggol Pond this Saturday to test the new sails.
    Cheers!
    Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Sold my voyager. I use this method on most of my boats.

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
    (

Comment

some mods b4 it is sold to Yeow. Mast Boom all aluminium rod 10mm

Sanwa M8 Version 3

Kyosho Inferno777 SP2 WC/STS21D

Comment

Thanks Guys.
        Made the gooseneck this evening. Hardwood block with a internal brass sleve and some left over aircraft clevises and pushrods. Its simple but effective.
        See you guys this Saturday!
        Cheers!
        Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

i very long time no sailing liao
          every saturday got activated by my girlfriend. hahah. she's the reporting officer...

Originally posted by Blackite207
          Thanks Guys.
          Made the gooseneck this evening. Hardwood block with a internal brass sleve and some left over aircraft clevises and pushrods. Its simple but effective.
          See you guys this Saturday!
          Cheers!

Comment

Hey thanks a bundle guys. I completed all the mods. New bigger sails, taller mast, better gooseneck and added rigging. It is now a completely new ship. Went head to head with the seawind and stood its ground. I certainly recommend it to anyone who wants to start off sailing on a budget. Going to paint it soon and give it more character. Thinking of a pirate theme
            Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X