• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r32 View Post
    Video of some of the exciting bits of the weekend's games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myf1fdrd-fo
    some smoke effect will make it perfect.
    I love PAP

Comment

SG Tankies will be having a joint event with SG Truckers at Marina Bay! We will be running a demonstration and mock battle on the day, expect great publicity and crowds! If your tank has been sleeping, its time to wake it up!

Mark that calendar!
      Next SG Trucker event: 26 Nov 2011 @7pm-9.30pm
      Venue: Marina Bay Waterfront Promenade
      Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

Been a really long time, but...

11 March 2012 1300hrs

East Coast Park Skatepark open field......

Let's hope for good weather!
        Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

We had a great turnout yesterday, putting up 9 Tamiyas, 4 VS Tanks, 2 trucks and 9 players yesterday. Unfortunately the day was cut short by bad weather but we'll be back next month!

Torrential rain hit five minutes after this shot

Trio of Leopards taking up hull-down positions

Pershing being rounded up by two Leopards

Wily Sherman getting into the flanks of another Leopard

In the dispersal after a round

Leopard that went on a hay diet

It was Leopards vs. WW2 tanks today - three Leos advancing

Pershing being held in reserve

Our resident Jagdpanther doing what it does best - sniping

A closer look at the well piloted JP

SG Tankies:

Comment

Next game day is set for 21st April 2012, at Dhoby Ghaut MRT open space.

Time for some close quarters battle, if you've been rusty with your tank driving skills, better practice it at home!

Loose or easily knocked off hyperdetail items should be removed as the shrubs can be tough on tanks. But expect the skirmishes to be close and nasty with quick outcomes! Tanks with a short footprint eg. KV-1, Pz IV, and Shermans will do well on the maneuverability stakes when in the forest.

There is enough space at the venue for simultaneous games of 1/16th Tamiya and VS Tank games so both are welcome. As usual, Tamiya tanks and standard IR systems are required for the 1/16th games.

SG Tankies:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	599590_3603671402669_682867742_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	970974

Which one shall I bring for the next meet?

SG Tankies:

Comment

Originally posted by r32 View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]113442[/ATTACH]

Which one shall I bring for the next meet?
                Bought my "Super" sherman... But still enjoying the Box art... hahaha

When will you guys be meeting up? Hope to get some pointers on Painting before I start.. Phobia about messing it up..

Comment

Hoping to gather enough guys to have a game in August. One of them shall be debuting his Super Sherman, its likely I will debut my Panther and bring a second (spare) tank in case of technical difficulty.

If you're painting your Super Sherman in the box art colour, it should be quite straightforward - you just need to make sure you prime the metal parts properly with Tamiya surface primer. You will need to paint the tank as you go along, instead of painting it at the end.

It would be less complicated than doing the camo scheme on my Panther, you can take a look at my build thread over there.

SG Tankies:

Comment

First game of 2013 happens on 6th January at the East Coast Skate Park... 1pm. See you there!

SG Tankies:

Comment

Name:	46137_4550960644308_416346560_n.jpg
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	973665

More pictures here:

Tanks that turned up for the day:

Heng Long:
                      Panther G
                      Pz III with Pz IV electronics and AsiaTam upgrades

Tamiya:
                      2 Pershings
                      2 Shermans
                      2 Tiger Is

Watch this space for a game in February

SG Tankies:

Comment

Hope we can get more people to join us and expand the Community.
                        RC Tanks Singapore: http://www.RCTankSingapore.com

Singapore RC Tank Division 1/16 Heng Long RC Tank Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/singaporerctankdivision/

Comment

We've been busy playing and I've forgotten to give this side of things an update, so here goes:

2nd game of 2013 (February)
                          Venue: Dhoby Ghaut MRT station
                          7 tanks attended: 4.5 Tamiya tanks (2x Leopard, 1x Panther, 1x M4A2 Sherman, and half a PzIII) and 2.5 Heng Long tanks (1x King Tiger, 1x Panther, and the other half of the PzIII). The PzIII is a hybrid, with Heng Long plastic bits, an Asiatam lower hull and Tamiya electronics.

Its the first time we tested out a Clark TK22 electronic system against Tamiya tanks. It replaces the RX18 control board on Heng Long tanks and when compared to the Tamiya DMD/MFU setup, is smaller and cheaper. They were equipped with Tamiya battle units.

First impressions were that it was a fairly competent unit. The sound files were configurable, as was just about every battle setting, from momentum to speed step-down from damage. The adjustability can get confusing for new players and also when playing in organized matches. But for slightly less than half the price of a similarly set up Tamiya tank, this is something for new players to consider. Myself, however, I still prefer the completeness and trouble-free operation of Tamiya's tanks and electronics......

Name:	21719_4894104502690_1805091371_n.jpg
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	974581

Linky to the rest of the photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8434025&type=1

3rd game of 2013 (March)
                          Venue: East Coast Park
                          5 tanks attended: 3.5 Tamiya tanks (1x Leopard, 1x Panther, 1x M4A2 Sherman, and half a PzIII) and 1.5 Heng Long tanks (1x Panther, and the other half of the PzIII).

It was a rain interrupted game that we managed to salvage later. I finally got to run my Panther in some mud. We managed to get some 2 a side games going once the rain lifted, enough to whet our appetite enough to call for a 2nd March game!

Name:	559715_10200112718832964_1533268310_n.jpg
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	974582

Linky to the rest of the photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4233610&type=1

4th game of 2013 (March #2)
                          Venue: Dhoby Ghaut MRT
                          7 tanks attended: 4.5 Tamiya tanks (1x Leopard, 1x Tiger I, 1x Panther, 1x JagdPanther, and half a PzIII) and 2.5 Heng Long tanks (1x Type 99, 1x Panther, and the other half of the PzIII). We got all different tanks this time...

Great weather all through the day and great attendance. We also got a debut of a TK22 equipped Heng Long Type 99. The new guys are really picking up on handling their tanks and providing good 3 a side games through the afternoon till rain came!

Name:	523383_10200178029145681_1304293999_n.jpg
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	974583

Linky to the rest of the photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7103672&type=1

SG Tankies:

Comment

Working...
                          X