Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good man!

Comment

Having jerked through the Depron, voila we have a nose and a tail cone, ready for sanding after fitting to the fuselage.

Comment

GReat build thread... will be following. thanks for the extra effort with the good write up and pics.....

Comment

hi DennisP many thank 4 ur advise but how much is the hot wire

Comment

Hi, here is the Tekoa web-site link: http://www.tekoa.com/ , you can also purchase Tekoa products from http://www.compufoil.com. The foam cutter I used to make the Depron blocks is the one for making foam wings (FeatherCut) they both accespt VISA.

Comment

Wow! Dennis, having this wire cutter doing the job is definitely much much faster than cutting individual pieces like i did, by Hand! Great!
              Concorde should be ready for maiden this next following sunday! I smell a supersonic boom shockwave maiden in the month of June!
              Case noted about the faint/thin outline of the nose and tail cone profiles, will thicken the lines on the drawings, thanks Dennis

Comment

Hi AstroBoy, I am not sure how many hours you have your day but I suspect it will be more than a week before the CTP & CLP will be operating Concorde. Tonight I will post the "arrow" as it now looks with the nose and tail cones attached, after that it is into the "pressure test" chamber for cabin pressurisation tests , all will be revealed then.....

Comment

Like Star Wars, the Saga continues...., the first photo shows the Concorde in the test chamber...., well actually 2 pieces of 1/4" balsa sheet. The entire fuselage and the balsa sheet is pinned down to the building board so the fuselage is square. Now those Depron bricks we made are now key as this is why they must be square, I am going to use the Dremmel tool with a router bit to cut the slot for the fin. As the tail cone is on level the two end fuselage formers installed square, we all set to go...

The second picture taken about a minute later shows the fin sitting in the 5mm slot cut in the fuselage...voila The Dremel adapator can be seen sitting behind the fin, it is used a lot in the USA and the UK to cut slots in plater board for power sockets and light switches.

The next requires the MOHA to go shopping as it time to sand to shape time, in the background you will see on the front of the Dremel cabinet a multiple view picture of Concorde. This has cross sections on it so the task will be to mark the fuselage and then scale these cross sections to cardboard templates to get that nice shape. Needless to say it all sounds easy, however there is small item that has to be addressed and that is the wing is not fitted yet and we need to get lower shape correct. I plan to rough shape the lower curves and do the final shaping when the wing is fitted, it is easier to remove the excess Depron without the wing and then just fine finish the fuselage with the wing fitted.

Sorry the pictures are getting smaller but the upload file size is decreasing from 120KB down to 42KB....

Comment

Wow! Dennis, looking good any idea what power system will be install in her Pushers or fan system?

Jameswill

Comment

Hi James, power system will have to be a pusher for this size as I would need 25mm dia EDF's, even two fo the coming GWS EDF 30's would not fit the engines boxes.

This morning while it was still cool I have completed the rough sand to 220 grit of the fuselage, quite a challenge especially the nose and the visor window. With the aid of the 3 view plan and also AstroBoys window details on the plan I think I am about there I can always fine tune the shape as I go up in the grit numbers on the sanding.

So in case you guys who have been follwoing this thread think that I lost plot (which is possible....!) here is Concorde in her very first laid together assembly.....

Comment

Well it is now starting to look like a Concorde, and there is still a lot of work to be done. The wing will need all the usual carbon rod installed and balse leading edges for the fin and the wing. All sounds like 1 nights work but as you have seen so far it takes a lot longer....

Comment

Hi Dennis!

Your Concorde is looking better and better everyday!

Just loved that sexy curvy wing! Beautiful!

Carry On Old Chap! I bet you are enjoying every bit of this built!

I'm enjoying myself immensely just by watching your build progress!

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks AstroBoy, I have been experimenting , carbon fiber stops the transmission of all RF signals, I did a test put the RX aerial in a CF tube and zilch no workie... So if the power wires to the pack were passed through a CF tube we should get no interference.? Now why am I doing all this silly stuff, well Concorde needs power to the two engine pods and also the servo leads from the engine pods need to run back to the fuselage, so if this works it will minimise the interference from the pods to the fuselage..? Like all things works well in the Lab but a different story in real life.

Comment

I wrap about 3 times round the power wires with aluminium foil and that works fine for me too. Your wires-in-CF tube method is clever too

Comment

Yep I have used your technique, need to see weight advantage for both solutions.

Comment

Working...
                                X