Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Servo tray

I've since moved my servo tray waay back into the fuse. The two tail servos are now 1cm forward of the carbon wing joiner. Almost right below it. Only then was I able to get the correct CG.
    sigpic
    ... Why does everything I think I need always come with batteries?
    John Mayer

Comment

Maiden: The Yellow PERIL

Maiden, two weeks ago now, was hair raising. I had set up mechanically for maximum throws. Steve did mention that they looked a bit much. I stopped, dialed in about 20% more expo, left the travel alone. First mistake.

The motor/prop was setup to manufacturer's reccomendations, a Tahmazo 2828/1000kv with a 14x8. Same setup as the 3.5m Masala, they said. Second mistake.

When Sunstorm gave it a fling and it took off fast. But control was all over the place! Far too sensitive still! I wrestled it higher in a desperate attempt to trim it. But oddly, power dropped gradually and I lost altitude. A minute later, the motor was totally dead!

I wasn't high enough to confidently deploy my flaps without stalling. Heart pounding, I had no choice but to line it up and wrestle it down. I snapped it away from the firs and made the approach. It covered half of Old holland road in a hearbeat, crested the hill and I lost visibility of the plane. Purely as luck would have it, it came down level and landed shy of the road...without incident. Phew.

The Yellow Peril. That's what i should call it.

----

But that was two weeks and four flights ago. I've since out in an AXI 2826 and aeronaut 13x7's foldables (much more sensible). With control surfaces carefully set up and trimmed, I'm glad to advise that the Yellow Peril is one of the sweetest flyers ever.
      sigpic
      John Mayer

Comment

First pics in flight! A special thank you to SonyAlpha
        Post all pictures and videos here. Alternatively, you can upload pictures and videos at the Photo Gallery.
        sigpic
        John Mayer

Comment

Hi, i live in the UK and spotted this thread, hope you are still around, is this model still available and has the quality improved?
          Just up my streets model, would like to purchase one but not sure if we can get them here in the UK?
          Cheers and Happy Landings

Comment

Hi there. I think it's still in production. I can't help you with UK availability nor quality question, tho our local hobby shop Singapore Hobby Supplies might know and may ship it out to you if you contact them. I'm sure it's still one of the better value composites around, but it does need a bit of speed, else the tail loses authority. It was also available under the name 'tiger'. Either way, let Roland from SHS know. he might be able to help.
            sigpic
            John Mayer

Comment

Working...
            X