Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pandan Reservoir

Soon the above location will be open for electric and sail boats.

Few friends from sailboats and myself were involved in the planning stage with the PUB. They have since constructed floating pontoon for sailing and boating in the "open water" and enclosed area for small electric boats and bath tub boats to puff around.

The expected date of openning is in June 2010.

The reservoir is not exclusively for RCers only. Other users are full scale sailors, kayakers, rowers.

The location for each activity is clearly marked. The chops at Pandan reservoir can be quite high at times - about half to a foot high!

Is a Good news...

Do update us the location (specific spot/area) with a map of reservoir for the boating once the offical openning is done.

You guys do plan for RC boat lovers (the enclose area will be happy for some of us to have enjoyment in the reservoir).

Comment

ok sailor the pandan reservoir will be open on july 25 sun . there will be a sailing race fm 2 to 6pm get ur boat ready. n put the best sail on. it was organise by PUB n Ayer Rajah CC.

so any small boat invol. fm smallest fleet VICTORIA, TO ETNZ LASTLY IOM.

MARK UR PLANNER
      mike

Comment

FINALLY! a proper place to sail in the west!
        Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

yap tks to PUB for letting full use of water facilities
          mike

Comment

That's great.
            Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Originally posted by tampines flyer View Post
              yap tks to PUB for letting full use of water facilities
              Would be NICE-ER if they also permit the use of nitro/gas powered boats though.
              Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by pixeldixel View Post
                Would be NICE-ER if they also permit the use of nitro/gas powered boats though.
                its a reservoir i doubt that.

I'm just grateful there is a place in the west for boating now Good news indeed

Comment

well if nitro were approve heheh be be drinking nitro water how about tat hehe, well daily consum, it would increase our body power hehehe
                  mike

Comment

Originally posted by tampines flyer View Post
                    well if nitro were approve heheh be be drinking nitro water how about tat hehe, well daily consum, it would increase our body power hehehe
                    I have a 1/4 gallon of 20% nitro spare. Your body need more power? hehe. Will u guys be sailing at pandan this weekend?

Comment

padon me X34 ,so how many sailor u have on ur side , wat type of boat u all sail most.care to share.
                      mike

Comment

Electric boats in the morning. Sailing any type in the afternoon. Boats are usually IOM, Seawind, Victoria

Might organize a electric scale boat competition for the 25th opening.

Comment

well tat gd idea to have rc boating event , btw our rc sailing member will have a meeting with the PUB n CC fellow for update event. will keep posting update .
                          mike

Comment

Can run fast electric boat there??? Previously, I was turned away by PUB.

Comment

Originally posted by X34 View Post
                              Electric boats in the morning. Sailing any type in the afternoon. Boats are usually IOM, Seawind, Victoria

Might organize a electric scale boat competition for the 25th opening.
                              So nice.
                              Where is the location to launch the boat? I don't remember seeing any parking lots for cars. Should we park at HDB then walk across?

Comment

Working...
                              X