Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preferscale - looks like a nice project. Hope to see it at Pandan Reservoir.

Comment

Thanks X34. I would love to restore it asap when I can find the time. Will do whatever I can in the evenings that are free. Will also try to post some pictures when the restoration is underway.

Comment

I have always into scale plastic models, so rc boating will be plastic model conversion to rc.

I see a lot of fast race boat and sailboat talk in forum but hardly any scale boat. Would be good to have a gathering of scale boat sailing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cklasse View Post
          I have always into scale plastic models, so rc boating will be plastic model conversion to rc.

I see a lot of fast race boat and sailboat talk in forum but hardly any scale boat. Would be good to have a gathering of scale boat sailing.
          Finally someone talking the same language

I enjoy scale modelling and conversion is one of the fun part, may be is time for us to meetup for kopi Hope we can get more people interested in scale boat too

preferscale where are you ...... this is the same way that we first meet

Comment

Loyn, the proposed kopi session is a good idea. Would love to form a small group of scale boat enthusiasts again, like what I used to know in the 1980s. As half the fun of scale is in the building, having this group to share ideas and encourage each other to build more will raise the overall standard of the hobby here.

Although my main focus for scale boats is in GRP and wooden hull kits, and building from plans, I am also looking forward to converting some of my plastic kits to RC. The shallow pool in Viviocity roof top is perfect for sailing them.

If you can arrange something, I will try my best to join for the kopi session. Cheers.

Comment

Went to the location today to have a look. Not bad.

Here is the view from the HDB block.

They are also building a complex with parking facilities at the corner.

Comment

Adrainli, good pics from the Blk 47.

Comment

Tested some speedboats in the enclosed area, it is too narrow for boats running 3s. Can't turn at full bore.

Eco boats with 2s, Ready to run boats 7.2v like Kyosho Sundowner 600 works well. Basically, speedboats of less than 600mm length running 2s is fine.

There are some gaps between the pontoon, will discuss with PUB to provide some form of barrier to prevent boats getting into the gaps.

Comment

u guys power ... looks like another happening place for boat enthusiat!!!

Comment

Looks like I can run my Reef Racer2 and Micro Magic there.

I enquired with PUB about playing boats in Sungei Ulu Pandan early last year. They said no but was looking at developing that area for some recreational purposes. Looks like they were really looking into that. Kudos to X34!!

Comment

The effort must also go to KH of Rc sailing. We being working with PUB since few years ago for this to happen.

Comment

Monitor Lizard in the Water

Was running my tunnel hull in the open area when this big water monitor approx 5 feet in length dived in after it! As I turned the boat around, the monitor tried to swim up to the boat, it was moving quite quickly. The monitor was really gutsy even with the boat flying around at top speed with the OBL whining at full pitch it was still waiting for a chance to approach the boat whenever it made a u turn! It probably thought the boat was prey

I altered the course to stay clear of the monitor who then began to swim quickly towards the platfrom where I was standing instead! About 5 meters from the platform, it made a big splash and dived under.

If a boat is dead in the water and this fella is around, it may take an interest in the stricken vessel and hopefully as soon as it realizes the boat is not prey or a potential mate, it will leave it alone. But do look out for the monitor, we do not want to clobber it at full whack as it runs towards 'traffic' rather than away from it.

Comment

ok Monitor meet your match

Comment

Akula,
                              You'll need to install these on your boat to fight off the monitor.

make it simple, make it strong, make it work!

Comment

July 25th is the official openning for Pandan Reservoir water sports facilities. The festivities begin from 9am. I hope to see forummers supporting the event by attending and bringing your price collection. For those without electric boats are welcome too.

I am trying to arrange for some prizes for best looking, biggest, smallest and fastest. Entry is by showing up and no entry fees. Carpark at blk 47, Sunday free parking. Rain shelters are the 2 nearby bus stops and void deck at Blk47.

Please chio one another.

Comment

Working...
                                X