Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etman View Post
    Thanks man.
    Do you have a list of materials and also how to make the canopy?
    Thanks for the interest.
    Material wise is rather simple.
    L-frame i got it from IKEA, it is just a wooden shelving support @ $5
    4.5-5 mm solid aluminium rod to reinforce the L-frame and for the wheels' axles
    fan guard is just a shallow plastic basket you can get cheap from any sundry store with the back cut-off.
    12 mm hollow tubing for the flybar
    wheels, motor, ESC from LHS
    screws, locking nuts, locking collers etc...

Sorry, i bought my 2m canopy at LHS. Maybe Ariva is able to help you out on that...

Comment

Thanks a lot.
      Can I have the link or the name of the canopy product sold by LHS?

Comment

Thanks a lot.
        Can I have the link or the name of the canopy product sold by LHS?
        Try rotor

Comment

Foil Kites

http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={AF88B913-06CB-4202-9312-253DA420E798}&pn=1

This one?

http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={105A01D9-1BE5-41D7-B658-8AE03CEAA627}&pn=1

Or this one?

Comment

2.7 m Parafoil Kite

Look what I found, a 2.7 m span parafoil Cheap too.

Comment

1.4 m Parafoil Kite

Here is a smaller version from the same seller.

Comment

http://www.virtualvillage.sg/55-powe...03300-007.html

Here is a smaller version from the same seller.
                1.4 m is too small perhaps?

Comment

http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={AF88B913-06CB-4202-9312-253DA420E798}&pn=1

This one?

http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={105A01D9-1BE5-41D7-B658-8AE03CEAA627}&pn=1

Or this one?
                  The second one. Just make sure that it is a dual line design...

Comment

Thanks. Ok so it must be dual line so that can control the left/right.

Comment

Originally posted by leonmike View Post
                      Hi guys, just want to share with those who have plans to build or wants to build their own paraglider, but just don,t know where or how to start.
                      Attached i have made a drawing on how mine looks like, hopefully it's able to help you get started and how it will look like.
                      I have made several mod to like so it will look a little different from my photos in this thread. Good luck and always glad to help...
                      hi, thanks for sharing the photo in earlier post shows the rear wheels elevated which is different from the scketch you post, which is correct. thanks.

Comment

Thanks. Ok so it must be dual line so that can control the left/right.
                        Correct n u will need one servo to do that n one esc to control the electric motor. So u need 2 channels for this bird...

Comment

Originally posted by BigKid View Post
                          hi, thanks for sharing the photo in earlier post shows the rear wheels elevated which is different from the scketch you post, which is correct. thanks.
                          Like i said earlier, the earlier post show the rear wheels elevated on a much higher skid but decides to mod it lower for a lower CG. I have change the design several times but the final design is exactly like in my drawing now....

Maybe u have a better design than mine ...

Comment

Originally posted by leonmike View Post
                            Like i said earlier, the earlier post show the rear wheels elevated on a much higher skid but decides to mod it lower for a lower CG. I have change the design several times but the final design is exactly like in my drawing now....

Maybe u have a better design than mine ...
                            so the latest design is the sketched drawing, noted.
                            btw i do not have a better design than yours that's why i ask you thanks anyway.

Comment

Hi guys, after several mods and weight reduction, this is my final prototype...
                              Initially it was weighing in at slightly above the 1 kg mark, now that i have change out the metal fan guard to a plastic one, it is weighing in at 680g now.

Comment

Change out the front single wheel to a double wheeler for better stability during landing (pic). Waiting for my new overseas canopy (paralight) to come in b4 maidening it again

Now working on my 2.1m delta stunt kite para unit, gondola almost 80% build-up. Still trying to figure out the stunt kite part on how to connect up the controls of the kite.

Might need some help from you experts here later...

Comment

Working...
                                X