Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tampines flyer View Post
    ok for hand luanch u need to ram the air inside the chute .just a swing will do .when the air is fill just need a gentle toss will do.btw u need high toque servo to yaw .correct me if i'm wrong hehehe
    I am using a HITEC HS65HB (use for heli) servo. is it good to go or not guys ???

Comment

Finally after much trial and error and time spent modifying it, at last completed my first paraglider. Not perfect but happy with the end result.
      Now to see how it will perform in flight. Wish me luck guys...

Comment

Hum … which is the front end??? The single wheel or the two wheels???

Looking at the propeller direction, the two wheels is the front end. Is this your intention?
        Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Direction

Bro,
          The single wheel is the front end. Have you seen one of these thing fly? It's really very relaxing to see. Once at JW there were like 4 of the Para Glider flying all at once. Cool.
          So you will be flying sunday usual?

ben

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post

Looking at the propeller direction, the two wheels is the front end. Is this your intention?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben33 View Post
            Bro,
            The single wheel is the front end. Have you seen one of these thing fly? It's really very relaxing to see. Once at JW there were like 4 of the Para Glider flying all at once. Cool.
            So you will be flying sunday usual?

ben
            You got it spot on Ben. I often heard JW mentioned always but where is the exact location you guys fly and timing as well. Care to enlighten me. Can i join in ? Would like to maiden it this weekend if possible. Maybe need some help from you fellows should anything happens as i fly helis now and have forgotten all my plane basics already.

Comment

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post

Single wheel - front
              Double wheels - back

I know you will want to tell me my prop is in the wrong direction but when i tested the motor, i feel the air coming out from behind, so my air flow direction is correct, right ???

Comment

You may feel the airflow in the correction direction, but your prop is NOT functioning at it's best efficency !!!

Lol ! ...you REALLY lost touch with your airplane basis !
                Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
                  You may feel the airflow in the correction direction, but your prop is NOT functioning at it's best efficency !!!

Lol ! ...you REALLY lost touch with your airplane basis !
                  Got your msg, i will reverse the prop and try again... Thanks

Comment

paraplane

Originally posted by leonmike View Post
                    Bro, I set my D/R at 100%, so should be OK right ?
                    Bro use big std servo w/long servo horn
                    & u have better turning....
                    this setup for my gondola

Paraplane pic & video@ JW

Post all pictures and videos here. Alternatively, you can upload pictures and videos at the Photo Gallery.
                    [SIGPIC]

Comment

hmmm

You got it spot on Ben. I often heard JW mentioned always but where is the exact location you guys fly and timing as well. Care to enlighten me. Can i join in ? Would like to maiden it this weekend if possible. Maybe need some help from you fellows should anything happens as i fly helis now and have forgotten all my plane basics already.
                      bro, its actually further up of singapore boys home. depends on which way u come from. feel free to join us this sun morning. if u need more directions, feel free to gimme a twinkle 94822832 romihensem

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
                      sigpic

Comment

hmmm

Single wheel - front
                        Double wheels - back

I know you will want to tell me my prop is in the wrong direction but when i tested the motor, i feel the air coming out from behind, so my air flow direction is correct, right ???
                        since u r using it for pusher, the prop size printing should be facing towards the front. from the pic, i assume the printing is towards the back. u should turn the prop over so that the printing is facing the front. after u turn over, the rotation will be reverse. so u just swap any 2 motor wires and voila, u have it... this way, i think it should be at its peak performance...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by romihensem View Post
                          since u r using it for pusher, the prop size printing should be facing towards the front. from the pic, i assume the printing is towards the back. u should turn the prop over so that the printing is facing the front. after u turn over, the rotation will be reverse. so u just swap any 2 motor wires and voila, u have it... this way, i think it should be at its peak performance...
                          Excuse me. How should the rotation be reversed after flipping the prop over?

If the airflow is coming from the correct direction, it means that the rotational direction is correct. If you got the prop mounted backwards, it'll only lose lots of efficiencies, and won't change the direction of the airflow.

Propellor blades are simply tiny wings with airfoil. Just make sure the convex side is facing forward with respect to the airflow.

Comment

hmmm

hehehe i also dont know how i explain it. ok lets use the pic. btw this is just my experience. not an expert on it though and apologize if its misleading. hehehe

right now his prop is facing to the back. rotation is cc. therefore the para is moving backwards instead of forward. if u swap the motor wires, the para will now move forward but the blade will be turning from its trailing edge instead of its leading edge assuming the prop is a mini wing. dont know if its right. hehehe

if we invert the prop to face the front, the prop will still be turning from its trailing edge, therefore we should switch the wires right? i think it happens to me once before. or is it whether the difference is between a pusher prop and a normal prop? oops...

sigpic

Comment

Yes, but when he mentioned that the airflow is blowing correctly, doesn't that mean that the motor is already wired to rotate clockwise, viewing from the aft? With correct airflow and rotational direction, all he need to do is just to flip the prop over.

I know what you mean from the beginning. You are assuming that the motor is running counter-clockwise with the prop in 'tractor' configuration, viewing from the aft.

Leonmike,

With reference from what you mentioned, your motor should be spinning at the correct direction. However, your prop is mounted in the wrong ORIENTATION. Just flip it over and you'll notice a big difference in thrust and noise.

Having said that, spinning a standard 'tractor' prop in the opposite direction, like what you are doing, will tend to loosen the prop nut. I suggest you apply a drop of CA or threadlock on the threads while tightening the nut.

Comment

hmmm

lol after reading my mind also blur liao. heheheh

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X