Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow...think should have the front dive planes too. Had a chance to scale the plan to 1.2m yesterday, really makes me drool. I m going after the scale body instead of tube, shall we make a few subs instead of just one?

Have a look at this typhoon sea trial....

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
    (

Comment

Me! me! me! Joint project or wht? Errr cant find the plan leh..
      If the building stops, the buying starts!

Comment

Here's the link to the original plan,

hmmm....wonder how to joinly build a watertight hull without a common workshop leh, every parts is so integrated, u know what i mean...cant have one guy build the watertight compartment and another build the hull, cos it may end up wrong size, prop shaft/control rod exits not matching, etc... ...mayb we joinly build a few and use this forum for discussion as we go along. U can then have the flexibility to build it the way u c fit, and if your way didn't work, try what the others r doing. So in time, we will have at least a few ways of building a sub...

i quote what the pro said:

"...let me say, many hours were dedicated researching this project, and to my amazement, I didnĀ“t find two submarine models alike! I did however, find several submarine models that were supposedly constructed in the same scale but the measurements, hull shapes and details were totally different. I concluded that the experts must have agreed to disagree!

My philosophy is ... if you can build a submarine that you are proud of ... that works ... and is as close as possible to the real thing in scale, then you have accomplished something that will give you many years of enjoyment both for yourself and for others who see you having fun!"

i m still studying the plan and doing research at this stage. As i do not intend to use ballast tanks for the first sub project, i want to figure out how to make a dynamic model dive at slower speed, more graceful and also to save batt for longer runtime... ...Anyone already have clue on this?

Loyn, if u r opting to start experimenting with tube first, can share your experience esp in the watertightness side? My design is not proven, will test it and post my findings here...

For Sale

(

Comment

Hi

I used to have a Nikko Seawolf submarine. It uses the magnetic clutch concept for the drive linkage. Total water tight pressure hull..

Akro 804M(GP to EP), Built by Mr Bong in 1985, a gift from Daniel Soon - KIA
          Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no1, eated by tree
          Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no2, maiden on 17 Oct 09 at Anchorvale
          Clouds Fly(EP), convert to night flyer?
          Heli
          Honey Bee Fp flight time - 110 hrs : Pass on to Invisible Angel for him to practice
          Hirobo GPH346 flight time - alot of CP 15% liao

Comment

Sorry! this is the correct picture.

Heli
            Honey Bee Fp flight time - 110 hrs : Pass on to Invisible Angel for him to practice

Comment

Some idea for the diving plane link. Can use this concept for rudder too.

Heli

Comment

Thanks temannis, that's interesting design, seems similar to what Loyn has in mind.

Do those magnetic parts drop off in water, esp in high speed turns? Are there scratches on the hull at the moving part?

For Sale

(

Comment

Hi Stuka

When I had my Seawolf (before it sunk in Bishan park) the magnet never drop out in water. Btw, the magnet used were very stong.

I think scratches can be avoided by leaving a small clearance between the magnet and hull.

Here are some shots on the Seawolf mag clutch, hope it helps!

Some shots of the sub's steering system. The magnet is visible in it's black ABS plastic housing.

Grease was applyed on the surface of the magnet.

Heli

Comment

The sub's magnetic clutch drive system. The area is sealed off from the sub's water tight compartment. The shaft drive incorporates a magnet that is held in place by an equally powerful magnet inside the sub's water tight compartment.

Heli

Comment

Thanks for the pics temannis, i have second thought about this project...

For Sale

(

Comment

BTW, sorry about your sub, what happen? Was it not watertight?

For Sale

(

Comment

A collection of sub videos, 2 are models the rest are real. Watch the emergency blow....practically leap out of sea surface...

For Sale

(

Comment

Originally posted by stuka
                            BTW, sorry about your sub, what happen? Was it not watertight?
                            Hi

I added LED on the bridge, so need to run wire through the water tight compartment. I think i didn't seal it properly then.

Still remember the horror when I discovered that it cannot surface after the last dive it ever had.
                            Heli

Comment

Working...
                            X