Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stuka
    guys u got to check out what this sub master is doing....a static model with functional topedoes...

http://home.planet.nl/~oldeh030/
    Not easy man, his sub is made of fibre glass, the black tape that he wrapped around is fibre cloth. After applying the resin, it becomes fibreglass.
    Futaba FF9CHP

T-Rex 450X V2 with Alu swashplate
    4xHS56, Hitec electron 6, PHX-25, Gy401, Mega 16/15/3 motor.

4xHS56, Schulze Alpha 840ww, PHX-35, GY401, Lehner 1020/17 motor.

Comment

Hmmm always thinking is it possible to made one of those pump out of cheap nitro pump

Ya stuka is right 2 m sub is out of question in Singapre ....how you going to moving around with that thing ......1.2 should be max

I am no for the dynamic dive system, less work as an initial start up trial project. BTW the way the master make the hull is like what I did for my fiber glass cowling.....but of much bigger scale....

Stuka you are going for the scale or tube only approach ?

Comment

U guys are really hardcore!!!!

So when will we be able to see a functional diveable sub???

Dive!!! Dive!!! Dive!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PhiBeR
          The subs are 1.8 to 2m long..
          is ur fishtank that long?? heehee..

Where to float a 2m sub man? go condo swimming pool sure attention seeking one wah..

But will be damn cool, so is the price tag.. EUR1.3k translate to SGD2.5k..

6ft = 1.8m leh.

Can float the sub and dive it in the tank but no place to move around. It is a jacuzzi leh. U can sleep in it with my fishes!!!

The only place I know of a swimming pool with 10m deep plus a viewing room is in Naval Diving Unit (NDU) in Sembawang Naval Camp. U can play ur R/C naval warfare there. Submarine vs Destoryer!!!!

Actually, Underwater World in Sentosa also can!!! But wait the sub kena rip apart by the sharks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loyn
            Hmmm always thinking is it possible to made one of those pump out of cheap nitro pump

Ya stuka is right 2 m sub is out of question in Singapre ....how you going to moving around with that thing ......1.2 should be max

I am no for the dynamic dive system, less work as an initial start up trial project. BTW the way the master make the hull is like what I did for my fiber glass cowling.....but of much bigger scale....

Stuka you are going for the scale or tube only approach ?
            At this moment, i am more incline to do scale, if it doesn't work, i still have a static display... ..don't want to display waterpipes or coke bottles...

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
            (

Comment

I actually think its one and the same, just a sequencing problem.

We can build the tube first, make sure it works, then get a really nice scale Revell/Monogram/Hasegawa set and use it as a frame around the tube?

Comment

2metre more like a crocodile. hahaha

Originally posted by stuka
                PhiBer, we make one the size of bolster is good enough la.. ... 2m sub is too scary... ...looks like a bomb, someone going to call the police!

Comment

Originally posted by wei young
                  I actually think its one and the same, just a sequencing problem.

We can build the tube first, make sure it works, then get a really nice scale Revell/Monogram/Hasegawa set and use it as a frame around the tube?
                  That's a good idea....any idea if they have something around 1.2m, and what's the price like?

I actually think a dynamic model is less likely to fail compare to if we were to start off with a static one with ballast tanks. u can test a dynamic diving system by attaching a dive plane behind half submerged piece of wood (with lead on the belly) and then pull it thru water with a string attached to the nose... ... The challenge i have now is watertightness around the hatch and the exit of the control rods for dive planes and rudder.

For Sale

(

Comment

I do have several sub model of various scale but to fit a PVC tube will only either the 1/250 or 1/72 U boat. The 1/72 should close t 1.XX meter. NB a lot of detail were damage during shipment from US ..... dont feel like fixing it up at all ..... may be able to convert into RC instead ....saw one of the US guy did it ....

Stuka I have the same problem of getting the water tight solve ..... have idea but not sure where to get std material to fit in as always like to homemade staff for my RC conversion

BTW I am thinking can we try those super strong magnet for the BL out runner. I have use them before for my homemade cd-rom out runner motor. Really strong... wonder will it work....may sound stupit anyway

Comment

Originally posted by loyn
                      I do have several sub model of various scale but to fit a PVC tube will only either the 1/250 or 1/72 U boat. The 1/72 should close t 1.XX meter. NB a lot of detail were damage during shipment from US ..... dont feel like fixing it up at all ..... may be able to convert into RC instead ....saw one of the US guy did it ....

Stuka I have the same problem of getting the water tight solve ..... have idea but not sure where to get std material to fit in as always like to homemade staff for my RC conversion

BTW I am thinking can we try those super strong magnet for the BL out runner. I have use them before for my homemade cd-rom out runner motor. Really strong... wonder will it work....may sound stupit anyway
                      Very clear illustration, i get your idea. There is another problem here which u may have experienced, i.e. there are will 2 pieces of dive planes, port and starboard, which must be trimmed very accurately and move together, otherwise they will behave like ailerons and cause the sub to corkscrew around its axis underwater. It seems difficult to get the 2 pieces of dive planes trimmed in the magnet config. And we will need to put each dive plane on one channel in order to trim electronically when sub is in water.

For Sale

(

Comment

How about this .....in fact this is what in my mind .....

Comment

ah...this one should be fine, only thing is control rod is outside sub, not nice leh..

For Sale

(

Comment

Try first mah .....dont even know will it work .....later can C how to cover up lor... First thing is it must work as design rather than acting as stactic display

Comment

I don't think the magnet can withstand the force of the water flowing against the dive planes? Even for a small model we are talking about at least half a kilo here.
                              Futaba FF9CHP

Comment

Think this solution is simpler. Pardon my drawing.

Since the servos will have a maximum rotation angle of 120 degrees, if we use some form of flexible rubber cone, we can just seal up the whole thing giving minimum resistance.

Futaba FF9CHP

Comment

Working...
                                X