Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise for new comer to RC flying

Not sure where to place this thread as it cover all area of RC. My objective is to put in some common advise to new commer to this hobbies.

Why I started this is because we (the DHJW team) come across this two new comers (teenagers) who are interested to go into this hobby. As usaul started on their own and facing all the usual problems.(building and flying) As we try to help them out we found their problem half of them are from our LHS. Who just want to make money out of new comers. A real story among us.

They go to the beloved Chobby to get most of their staff (dont ask me why)...the result they get RC set that is used for the Dragon wing (extra Tx from QC failure?) The quality is really sux.....and they use it on the warbird ME109.....that explain why it dont fly. Of cause the shop owner just say is cheap and good which is suitable for the plane. As a new comer at young age...the word is just sound so sweet. There goes their hard save money....same go without say about the IFO !

So to help our fellow RC new comer. I would like to put up some common advise which may help to reduce the unnecssary wast of resouce and smooth out the learning curve to RC flying.

Following is some of the common advise for new comers:

1) Dont get a model that is nice to look at (like those GWS warbird) and thinking it will fly just like in the movies. Ended up with real disappointment as they will crash not only for the first flight but uncountable number of crashes to follow....

2) Getting a model identify by adv or LHS that is easy to fly and almost indestructable (e.g. IFO) but fail to understand easy to fly is not easy to control. Anything can fly even a cow ....ask around for advise as experience is 101% better then adv.

3) Dont rush into getting the staff, think about what you really want to do in this hobby. As the investment is unlimited, a proper planning will help you to maximize your resource for best result. Dont just follow what other do by getting all the high end product. There is always things that is good to have...make a balance of what you can affort vs what you want to do ! "good is good enough"

4) Ask for advise from more experience ppl, I think most of us in DaddyHobby is more than happy to share their knowledge to help any new comer to this hobby....sometime we may talk funny ....but the bottom line we are always happy to help ! Appreciate what others are doing for you will help to build a good relationship for a long way to come...you will found your learning curve will be a much present one.

5) Last but not least, know where to get you staff. Money dont come from the tree ! Ask around for reliable source before taking the word from any seller or shop keeper, as staff is always "THE BEST" from their shop.

So hope this general guideline do provide helps to the new comers, and for the experience guys do put up advise to make the list complete. I think that is what the final Goal of Mike as he first setup DaddyHobby. Hope we can make it a dream come true

Oh may be experience members of other area (car, boat, UFO ?...... ) can put down some advise in their respective area too.

Thank you

Well Said Loyn!! Keep up the good work!

Super-Hornet

Comment

BRAVO!!!!!! A well token experienced from past experiences.
      WELL SAID.
      CQ CQ for RC Pilots
      - This ground control...you're cleared for take off.
      73s de 9 Whiskey 2 Papa Alpha Tango

Comment

Good Advice!
        I have seen them all.

A mediocre r/c pilot who thinks that he is one top gun.

A nerd looking and sick flyer who thinks that he is a great modeller.

Greed that made a friend became a competitor.

Comment

Dear New Beginners / Comers,

If you all ever had any queries or whatsoever your problems are....just post it over and very sure that members here are always ever ready to give our kind assistance and knowledge to share around.
          CQ CQ for RC Pilots
          - This ground control...you're cleared for take off.
          73s de 9 Whiskey 2 Papa Alpha Tango

Comment

Electric plane (EP) Or Nitro plane (NP)?

Go Electric if u:

i. want clean and silent, can be flown indoor and in smaller area.
            ii. want no engine tuning headache, always work.
            iii. dont mind charging/changing battery pack after each flight.
            iv. worry or sensitive to smell or smoke of nitro.
            v. have no safe place to keep nitro at home.
            vi. have to smoke when refueling.
            vii. cant find a suitable and convenient place to fly NP.
            viii. dont want messy oily maintenance work.
            ix. no place to keep big planes at home.

Go Nitro if u:

i. want to just add more fuel and fly.
            ii. love the sound, scale like.
            iii. want a fast plane, most readily available NPs go faster than EPs.
            iv. want a bigger plane, NPs are generally bigger in size than EPs.
            v. worry about matching battery, motor, gear ratio and prop size.
            vi. think brushless motor is too expensive.
            vii. love the look and feel of big engines and props.
            viii. want to play with tune pipes.

If budget is not a problem, try both...

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
            (

Comment

Hi Loyn,

Excellent advise. I sure support what you mention b'cos I found this web site before going into this hobby.
              Futaba 6EXA
              T-IFO (in pieces)
              E-Starter (not build yet)
              Ocean 500

Comment

For new comer, go around the flying site and ask the guys there.
                I believe more are willing to help.
                Just open your mouth and ask
                look at the type of radio they use and it will be easier if you need buddy cord in a later stage.
                Ask around even before you buy.

Comment

what goes up must come down.. saying that.. there are times when u will crash ur bird, its only part of the hobby! Dont take ur crashes as a set back, but a learning experence. if ya not sure how to repair just ask STUKA OR Tony my gurus!

just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Oh...if u need to repair from scratch....ask raghfrost....

Not to worry, if u do your homework well and dont rush to fly, it's hard to crash..we dont c crashes everyday afterall...

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
                    (

Comment

Comment

I 'm fully agree with stuka input by using that word, DON"T RUSH! the more you rush on getting the plane air born the more problem you will face CRASH!

Jameswilliam.

Comment

My advise to fellow newbies, or wanna bes, do your research and join daddyhobby!!!
                          Futaba FF9CHP

T-Rex 450X V2 with Alu swashplate
                          4xHS56, Hitec electron 6, PHX-25, Gy401, Mega 16/15/3 motor.

T-Rex 450X V2 with Alu swashplate
                          4xHS56, Schulze Alpha 840ww, PHX-35, GY401, Lehner 1020/17 motor.

Comment

hi guys ,,,

i'm a newbite....and really interested in flying cos of a member in car club play R/c plane...and i also luckly to get a friz to join me....

i been reading up of stuff but to me all seem strange and i dun even understand......i been to a few shop and ask but it seem to them they are not interested to help...very sad...

i wanted to play heli but is it recommed to play heli for a new player or i should play planes..cos my friz wanted heli...but to me it seem heli are more exp than plane but i love heli cos my nsf life play with heli...can anyone advance me....tks......

anyway i stay in Sk and hope to go to your meetup in flying Tks

Comment

Hi Welcome. Where is Sk? Maybe you can come down to JW to take a look. We do have some beginner planes for u to hands on.

Comment

Working...
                              X