Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Alliance CP has been flown regularly since 2006 and I have had countless number of flights. Her covering has taken a fair amount of beating. I also made the mistake of using a sealant for the decals I made that was not UV proof. Over time, all the decals had yellowed with exposure to UV making her look very drab. I thought I should use the opportunity now to recover the Alliance CP.

I shall also change the engine from the YS63 to a Saito 72. The YS is a hugely powerful engine with incredible torque.......when I can get it to run well. The Saito should mean less time fiddling around with tuning at the field. I will also get rid of the MK Softmount, which has been more trouble then it is worth. It causes the engine to shake itself to bits during idle. Other than these few issues, the Alliance has been about the sweetest flying aerobat I have ever had. Just a pity that MK no longer manufactures it any more.

To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone is still following this thread but I just got a partially built Aliance CP and had a question about the bottom fuselage section beneath the wing. There is a curved cuttout but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to cover this or paint the balsa? If someone could take a photo of the bottom of their Alliance CP that would be awesome so I can see what is required.

I've attached a photo of the section I'm asking about.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6824.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	981938

Comment

Working...
      X