Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-16 scratchbuild 120mm EDF

Ok, i know this is crazy, its my biggest scratch-build so far. 2nd biggest was my boeing 777.

Its 2 times as long as the previous f-16s , 4times more area surface to sand , 8 times the volume of foam i need!! I'm having a very very white christmas in my bedroom indeed. It turned into winter wonder land

I don't have to post my building steps here because its the same as the previous versions. Except more time consuming!
    Bluefoam version:

Styrofoam version:

Specs:
    1/8 scale
    185cm in length
    124cm wingspan
    Body weight (foam only) 436grams ,light isn't it?
    120mm haoye edf
    Planning to run on 10s with hacker motor
    Probably will reach 3-4kg thurst? maybe 5kg?
    AUW and after fibreglassing would be probably 5-6kg

Taken some pictures this evening... happy previewing!

-i had no where to put the plane in my room, so i had to put the dusty plane on my bed

Build it
    Fly it
    Crash it
    Fix it

Taping up the wings and stabs temporary to see how gigantic it will be...

yes it is giagantic!

Build it
    Fly it
    Crash it
    Fix it

Comment

Different views...

Build it
      Fly it
      Crash it
      Fix it

Comment

Ok ok, lets see who is taller , me or plane? .... ok plane wins

Build it
        Fly it
        Crash it
        Fix it

Comment

Pretty Darn Amazing.

I won't even ask about power setup, but all i can say is,

Pretty Darn Amazing.

Thanx!
          SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

lu wei yao

may be he bring to BR / sedili to slope mah...

Just arm pwr needed ...

You naughty boy

Comment

Philip,

I leave that up to him.

Thanx!
              SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Dude make sure you reinforce wings... at 120 mm edf power, any sudden maneuvers can give you winter wonderland...literally... Wings snap off, etc.
                "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Sure will reinforce the wings! i read somewhere...out in the internet , a plane pulling out of a 100km/h dive turns at a 100ft radius will have it's load on the wings 7.7x more.So if the f-16 weighs 5kg, it'll have 38.5kg of stress to bear!

Ok..anyway i'll see what to do with the wings. Fibreglass it or sandwiched between balsas with CF rods.

OH oh oh , by the way, i bet this F-16 it can slopesoar!! When i carried it downstairs and walk towards a light headwind the plane actually lifted off from my hands..., being it only 436grams, its a super light f-16 glider now with wingloading 6oz/sq ft.

After the power setup and fibreglassing it'll be pretty close to 60oz/sq ft
                  Build it
                  Fly it
                  Crash it
                  Fix it

Comment

wah kao wth.... so big!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by viper1990 View Post
                      Sure will reinforce the wings! i read somewhere...out in the internet , a plane pulling out of a 100km/h dive turns at a 100ft radius will have it's load on the wings 7.7x more.So if the f-16 weighs 5kg, it'll have 38.5kg of stress to bear!

Ok..anyway i'll see what to do with the wings. Fibreglass it or sandwiched between balsas with CF rods.

OH oh oh , by the way, i bet this F-16 it can slopesoar!! When i carried it downstairs and walk towards a light headwind the plane actually lifted off from my hands..., being it only 436grams, its a super light f-16 glider now with wingloading 6oz/sq ft.

After the power setup and fibreglassing it'll be pretty close to 60oz/sq ft
                      Alex, very nice plane.
                      I must say 60 oz /sq ft is pretty heavy wing loading. I read some where that some jet set up wing loading is aroung 35-40oz/sq ft.
                      Anyway , with enough thrust , even a pig will fly...ha ha ha just kidding.

All the best and success

Cheers
                      B5

Comment

Well, i double checked my calculations..., 420sq inch with 5000grams (176oz) and yes its really 60oz/sq ft... yeah i know it sounds heavy,i'm worried too...

Probably you look at the plan view from the top, f-16 fuselage area is almost twice the wing area so i guess some parts of the fuse also contributes to lifting the aircraft. Nevertheless, it's smaller counterparts flown without any problems so why not a larger F-16?

Oh something fun to think of..., how about a flying body plane? it has no or very small wings..., so snice wingloading = weight / wing area , dose that mean flying bodies have infinte oz/sq ft?

Anyway,this plane is far from finish, so please don't excitingly wait for the madien! ..., it might take months till completion.
                        Build it
                        Fly it
                        Crash it
                        Fix it

Comment

Hey Viper,

Impressive build. The wing loading you are using is as you suggested us inaccurate as the fuse contributes to the lift. Just like the F5 and the Su27, the F16 does have a "lifting body". Dont worry about the wing loading too much. As Chuck Yeager said on the F4 Phantom....even a brick can fly given a big enough engine....Haha!

Cheers and well done.
                          Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

dude,,, that is friggin's amazing,,,, when youre done please let us know asap, i wanna see it for myself
                            Don't hate on noobs, dont forget, you were once one

Comment

Wow! Alex its dam huge!!

When you going to fly it? Let go woodlands fly it!

Comment

Working...
                              X