Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only if the output shaft from the gearbox align with the prop shaft of your model.

I encounter major miss alignment for my Bismarck that is why end up using 2 180 motor instead of the original gearbox provided.

Comment

ok thanks....... will you be building it ???
      At least this hobby lets you know where the cash you have spent on

Comment

Originally posted by devils_grin87 View Post
        ok thanks....... will you be building it ???
        sorry I dont have that boat .....

the pic was taken from other place just for verification purpose

anyway dont like USSR boat design

Comment

Originally posted by preferscale View Post
          Loyn, when I started buying Airfix in primary school, the series 1 (plastic bag with instructions stapled on) was less than $2 each. Was equally mad as you buying plastic kits till one fine day realised that these wasn't a single shelf space left in the house that I can put the latest purchase. Haven't bought any in the last few years except for one or two that I really really like.

I recently disposed about 1/3 of my collection with losses to recover back badly needed space and also to applease wife who suddenly became acutely aware of all the boxes around the house. No point keeping when I know that I will never ever build them.

Managed to locate the 1:200 Yamato pixs. Will see if I can post some of them.
          Hi Preferscale,

Would appreciate if you could post some pictures on the conversion for the Yamato. Have just bought the Nichimo 1:200 scale Yamato from Tokyo and intending to convert to R/C. Have seen the 1:144 scale but way too expensive at US$3000+

Thanks for the help

Comment

Hi Viper,

As requested, here are 3 pictures of the Yamato. As this was built for someone, I don't have the model with me any more. Also I did not take any picture of the hull internal during construction and hence cannot remember the details except that this was built with minimum changes - basically out of the box with some weathering.

You may want to consider improving or changing the propulsion system that comes with the kit, that is if Nichimo still provides this. I vaguely recall the stock set-up was hell of noisy because of the brass gears.

I hope you enjoy building your Yamato.

Comment

ok now I got to take mine out of the box as well as it has been nib for more than 20 yrs ......

man you put up all the wires across the top structure how are you going to load the battery

Yape base on the forum in oversea, the gearbox is like running a tank in water ...... super noisy. They modify for direct drive on all shaft.

too bad they only produce the Yamato nothing else

too many yamato around already

Comment

Originally posted by preferscale View Post
                Hi Viper,

As requested, here are 3 pictures of the Yamato. As this was built for someone, I don't have the model with me any more. Also I did not take any picture of the hull internal during construction and hence cannot remember the details except that this was built with minimum changes - basically out of the box with some weathering.

You may want to consider improving or changing the propulsion system that comes with the kit, that is if Nichimo still provides this. I vaguely recall the stock set-up was hell of noisy because of the brass gears.

I hope you enjoy building your Yamato.
                Hi Preferscale,

Thanks for the tip, really appreciate the tips and help.
                Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by loyn View Post
                  ok now I got to take mine out of the box as well as it has been nib for more than 20 yrs ......

man you put up all the wires across the top structure how are you going to load the battery

Yape base on the forum in oversea, the gearbox is like running a tank in water ...... super noisy. They modify for direct drive on all shaft.

too bad they only produce the Yamato nothing else

too many yamato around already
                  go convert Enterprise... xD would be nice to see one floating down BR..
                  Hangar:
                  IJN Yamato (RC, EP)
                  fitted with workable searchlight
                  1/350 Tamiya,
                  converted from static

DKM Bismarck (Static)
                  USS Missouri (Static)
                  --------------------
                  Shipyard:
                  Schnellboot S-100 Klasse (RC, EP)
                  USS New Jersey (RC, EP)
                  -------------------
                  Home Waters: Tanah Merah (my condo)
                  Boating hours: 9.30pm+ (night ops)
                  -------------------

Comment

only if I have $$$$$$$$

Comment

[QUOTE=preferscale;354685]
                      As requested, here are 3 pictures of the Yamato. QUOTE]

Wow......she is Beautiful......lovely.......
                      For the Love of Flying...

Comment

[QUOTE=loyn;354725]ok now I got to take mine out of the box as well as it has been nib for more than 20 yrs ......
                        QUOTE]

loyn.....3-4 years back I had heard you said this......Quick! Build her.....if not it will be 30 years NIB soon............
                        For the Love of Flying...

Comment

ya lor ...... so long already still NIB

this was the pic taken few yrs back ...... now my kid already primary one

Comment

haiz.... so many toys so little time......jus the exact opposite when we were kids right?

Hey loyn how the B-17 going any updates- u so "hua xin" do so many projects

Cheers
                            tbolt

Comment

Aiya after lost the airfield all plane project on hold lor

all resource and time move over to scale boating

Comment

the tamiya 1/350 gearbox cant fit the trumpeter ship ... i think i will mount the motor direct ... any suggestions for motor size ???
                                At least this hobby lets you know where the cash you have spent on

Comment

Working...
                                X