Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family

we are in the other round, we lost our flying field so go back for boating. Cant agree more that as a family man ...... family always come first.

Yes Lyon, agree family come first... therefore I am building a "footy" sail boat, looking to commit crawlers truck to play with me kids / wife in the parks and garden. Places like "guilin", "selatar", "lakeside", "westcoast" lay dwn a picnic ground sheets and we Learn spelling , comprehension, and relax to play boat/truck. Wife agree and fun permit granted, west coast is a great place for them as the toliets , play ground and Mc donnals avil , East coast park can BBQ / sail boating too.

Comment

Places like "guilin", "selatar", "lakeside", "westcoast" lay dwn a picnic ground sheets and we Learn spelling , comprehension, and relax to play boat/truck. Wife agree and fun permit granted, west coast is a great place for them as the toliets , play ground and Mc donnals avil , East coast park can BBQ / sail boating too.
      West Coast pond was fun before the container port took away the breeze and sea side feeling. Before that, we even sailed our sail boats with good winds from the sea nearby. Although the pond is still there, sadly it is in a poor condition with dirty water, and numerous bubble generating devices to avoid if you sail there.

Because of the relaxing nature of scale boats, you don't have to run them continuously. Some of our boats were equipped with Robbe diesel sound and working cabin/navigation lights. With a few cans of Coke and bag of peanuts, we can chat sitting on the bench at the edge of the pond while watching the boats bobbing in the waters. Once a while, we would sail a few rounds. Using the lead acid battery, they can be in the waters for hours. Really miss those days!

Comment

well tat wat family commited man well tat y at the moment i stop flying go in to sailing where my children can enjoy sailing .with free energy from nature .tat wind.
        mike

Comment

Plastic modelling is my long time hobby, make them rc is my dream when young

Yes 1/350 is kind of small for boat ...... especially for battleship once in the water it looks like toy
          Hi Loyn,

If you want to pursue plastic for RC, have you consider converting some of the bigger and newer kits? For example, the Italerie 1:35 scale kit of the American PT boat is a fairly big one and I believe the hull is moulded as one piece. May be a bit expensive (anyway, I think all the new plastic kits today are too expensive - one reason why I gave up plastic models) but its bigger size/scale will allow you more room to install your propulsion system and RC gear and achieve more realistic running in the water.

Comment

can any one help me with the conversion of a 200 scale plastic model ????
            At least this hobby lets you know where the cash you have spent on

Comment

Originally posted by zennith View Post
              we are in the other round, we lost our flying field so go back for boating. Cant agree more that as a family man ...... family always come first.

Yes Lyon, agree family come first... therefore I am building a "footy" sail boat, looking to commit crawlers truck to play with me kids / wife in the parks and garden. Places like "guilin", "selatar", "lakeside", "westcoast" lay dwn a picnic ground sheets and we Learn spelling , comprehension, and relax to play boat/truck. Wife agree and fun permit granted, west coast is a great place for them as the toliets , play ground and Mc donnals avil , East coast park can BBQ / sail boating too.
              Those footy are nice and cute.

I like the idea.
              Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Footy Sail Clubs

Here is the page...

welcome on board, join in and we can hv discussion for "footy" sail club

Comment

ok lah me also building footy .well easy transport and it cheap to build also.so next time we can have a footy race.
                  mike

Comment

Originally posted by preferscale View Post
                    Hi Loyn,

If you want to pursue plastic for RC, have you consider converting some of the bigger and newer kits? For example, the Italerie 1:35 scale kit of the American PT boat is a fairly big one and I believe the hull is moulded as one piece. May be a bit expensive (anyway, I think all the new plastic kits today are too expensive - one reason why I gave up plastic models) but its bigger size/scale will allow you more room to install your propulsion system and RC gear and achieve more realistic running in the water.
                    I was crazy about plastic modelling since I am at pry 3 ...... and only stop like 10 yrs ago. All this yrs I have buy buy buy buy....... so many and build so slow that end up with a store rm full of plastic scale model ....... no joke

Then I dont feel it but now ...... real crazy

that is why I have many many many conversion project I can do without putting my hand on those super expensive new model

oh this is how my store rm looks like ....... u tell me am I crazy

Comment

ya I love small ...... both plane and boat

which can build a small scale sub too

accidently I build myself a footy 10 yrs ago with a plan enlarge from a super old modelling book

so I think I am in the footy club already

oh if anybody interested I can post the plan here but is not rc ..... u got to figure it out how to mod it for rc

Comment

Originally posted by loyn View Post
                        I was crazy about plastic modelling since I am at pry 3 ...... and only stop like 10 yrs ago. All this yrs I have buy buy buy buy....... so many and build so slow that end up with a store rm full of plastic scale model ....... no joke

Then I dont feel it but now ...... real crazy

that is why I have many many many conversion project I can do without putting my hand on those super expensive new model

oh this is how my store rm looks like ....... u tell me am I crazy
                        Wow, I thought i can only see these on LHS's shelves

Comment

Originally posted by devils_grin87 View Post
                          can any one help me with the conversion of a 200 scale plastic model ????
                          any pic ?

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                            Wow, I thought i can only see these on LHS's shelves
                            hmm ....... the diff is many are so call collectable lor ...... some can date back to early 80s .....

those Airfix (if anybody still knows) 2$ (price of the 80s) model kit with clear package

Comment

dont play play ah shou lin model scroll book ah.
                              mike

Comment

those Airfix (if anybody still knows) 2$ (price of the 80s) model kit with clear package
                                Loyn, when I started buying Airfix in primary school, the series 1 (plastic bag with instructions stapled on) was less than $2 each. Was equally mad as you buying plastic kits till one fine day realised that these wasn't a single shelf space left in the house that I can put the latest purchase. Haven't bought any in the last few years except for one or two that I really really like.

I recently disposed about 1/3 of my collection with losses to recover back badly needed space and also to applease wife who suddenly became acutely aware of all the boxes around the house. No point keeping when I know that I will never ever build them.

Managed to locate the 1:200 Yamato pixs. Will see if I can post some of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X