This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueangel
    I am new to Lipo.. i bought a 2200mAh rated 7.4V output.
    I have a Speed Pro 15 charger that can charge Nicad, NiMH, LiOn and LiPo.

Qns is, I don't have a balancer.. I dont need performance out from the Lipo because I am only using it for supply to receiver and 2 servo. Is balancer necessary. Actually what kind of balancer are available. I don't want to spend money on expensive chargers with balancer since I had a very good charger and don't want it to go to waste.

Also if I dont balance them, what happens ? So many story of burning and explosion, I am worried something bad will happen when I am not at home and things get nasty.. the Lipo was used once only so far..

please advise , thanks !
    Best thing to do is to bring your lipo to LHS and find the cheapest balancer that will fit the lipo balancing wire connector. U shld always balance your lipo while charging regardless of what u are using it for.

Comment

Originally posted by X34
      Best thing to do is to bring your lipo to LHS and find the cheapest balancer that will fit the lipo balancing wire connector. U shld always balance your lipo while charging regardless of what u are using it for.
      usually 2S lipo (7.4v) for rx dont come with balancing connector...how?

Comment

3s lipo drop to 6.5v

I lost my plane in the bush after it went down. Only managed to find it the next day and my 3s lipo has discharged to 6.5v. Is it still safe for me to charge it back? I'm keeping it in my backyard now in case it burst into a fireball.

Comment

Originally posted by LH59 View Post
          I lost my plane in the bush after it went down. Only managed to find it the next day and my 3s lipo has discharged to 6.5v. Is it still safe for me to charge it back? I'm keeping it in my backyard now in case it burst into a fireball.
          u can try balance charging it with low amps..<0.5A

voltage should go back to >9v quickly.. monitor and if the batt feels warm, if it does, disconnect.
          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

i juz bought my charger last week. as per mentioned earlier by some kaki. its stated lipo chargin capable, but i dun see any balancing port or thingy. btw my charger is MuchMore Silent charger Platinum edition. or can i juz charge lipo the normal way i charge batt and the charger will somehow balance the lipo while it is charge by some micro proccesor

Comment

hmm is it a car charger? i dun think it has built in balancer

for lipo, it is best to have them balanced for 3s and above to ensure maximum cycles
              For sale

Comment

its a AC/DC charger.. wow dat means the capability is very misleading. spend 200plus to get tis charger in the end cannot charge lipo... waste money already lah..

Comment

3s lipo damaged after dropping below 9v

Originally posted by johndyl View Post
                  u can try balance charging it with low amps..<0.5A

voltage should go back to >9v quickly.. monitor and if the batt feels warm, if it does, disconnect.
                  Try to fly today after slow charging back my flat 3s lipo back to 12.6V. The battery has just enough juice for about 1 min of flight time and luckily I land it safely. I think once your lipo go below certain voltage, it might not be worth recharging it. Else you might find that your plane suddenly lost power in the air

Comment

Originally posted by LH59 View Post
                    Try to fly today after slow charging back my flat 3s lipo back to 12.6V. The battery has just enough juice for about 1 min of flight time and luckily I land it safely. I think once your lipo go below certain voltage, it might not be worth recharging it. Else you might find that your plane suddenly lost power in the air
                    ya.. try not to go below 9V for 3s
                    For sale

Comment

Originally posted by mad_man View Post
                      its a AC/DC charger.. wow dat means the capability is very misleading. spend 200plus to get tis charger in the end cannot charge lipo... waste money already lah..
                      get those multifunction ones, rather than car ones.......

here's some gd ones
                      For sale

Comment

I have a question on ESC.

It has a low voltage cutoff at 4.5V.

That means each Lipo cell should not go below 2.25V, for 7.4V pack right ?
                        I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Noob question.

I just completed my mini titan built and need lipo to do setting now.
                          What are the advantages for a 3S and 2S lipo? I see that the mAh are the same for both, so should I get 3S or 2S? I only want to fly scale eventually.

Comment

you are so professional

what you talk about is professional.I have many questions and learn from you guys.
                            In my opinion,it is very important to maintain the batteries .And also
                            sometimes it is dangerous by wrong use and carless setting.
                            Many people here should heard of Lipo accident happened in U.S.A.
                            For example,lithum polymer is hot and active after racing,must make it cool when keep it .
                            To prevent accident,there is a safety sack for Lipo.
                            sigpicno pay no gain ,actions speak louder than words

Comment

Invitation

This is an invitation from H-energy company. We invite you to join Shanghai R/C Model Fair this year .
                              H-energy battery company is going to attend the R/C pageant"Shanghai International Model Exhibition"as a exhibitor on June 6th-8th,2009.We warmly invite you and our customers to join in.
                              Our position is on the ground floor at No.099 showroom. It is a good chance to know each other well and to work with .It will be our great pleasure if you would come .See you in Shanghai soon!

Open Date:June 6th-8th, 2009
                              Intex Shanghai
                              Sat. 09:30--16:30
                              Sun. 09:00--16:30
                              Mon.09 :00--13:00

ADD: 88 Loushanguan Road, Shanghai , P.R. China
                              www.shmodelexpo.com.cn/en/

Contact person : Charles (Male)
                              Cell phone in China+86) 13560338812
                              MSN On-line : h-energysale06@hotmail.com

Welcome your inquiry and information before Shanghai Fair & warmly regards from H-energy

Youchuang H-energy battery co.,LTD(H-energy battery manufacturer of RC model)
                              Tel: +86 20 84013376 ; 89812476 Fax: + 86 20 84012396
                              www.henergy-battery.com

77007.doc

77009.doc
                              sigpicno pay no gain ,actions speak louder than words

Comment

Charging my Li-po batt

Hi,

I recently charged the EMAX Li-Po battery that came with the Cessna 182 i bought using Tahmazo T15plus charger in the lab. However, when i plug it in, the charger shows an error message of "balancer voltage is too low". I ask the lab tech and he say the balancer must have 3~4.2V if not the battery is spoiled. Is that true? Is there anyway i can salvage the problem or I need to get a new one for my project?

Comment

Working...
                                X