Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance policies for compensation due to crashing plane into properties and people

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance policies for compensation due to crashing plane into properties and people

Heard that some (or most?) flyers are insured for such occurrence. Anyone knows of which insurance company deal such policies? Do they accept individual or only group applications?

Is it advisable to be insured?

I think you are only insured if u join a r/c club
    TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
    Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
    Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
    Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

join RMS and u will be insured

Comment

Let's hear something from non RMSists.

Comment

Merciful, u can check with Ben Neo, u know chairman of our club, if u happen to c him. i know we used to be covered but not sure of the status now.

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
          (

Comment

I have checked with my ins agent before on this. I was told that the problem with such a policy is that inorder to insure an R/C pilot, the pilot has to be certified! We don't have a gov body to do this. Even the Radio Licence for R/C transmitter is in the grey.

Its something like drivers licence, we do the circuits, slope, e-brake, parallel parking etc.....trainning and test before the licence is issued by TP.

In R/C hobby, we probably fly anything that can possibly fly, some planes don't even look like planes anymore. Can you imagine the conditions for this policy, not to mention the location/s such aircrafts are flown can be choatic. (unless u join the club, I wonder how many members actually have seen such a policy?)

Even with a successful write up for such a policy, it would be very costly for an individual because there is an element of risk in the name of fun.

Comment

Better get higher premium on hospitalisation fee.....just in case.
              CQ CQ for RC Pilots
              - This ground control...you're cleared for take off.
              73s de 9 Whiskey 2 Papa Alpha Tango

Comment

Working...
              X