Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
    Cab driver must be cursing his arse luck to meet someone with a car camera.
    More of this should be done, 80% of the taxi drivers i met on the road are driving in this mannar, i.e sudden change of lanes w/o warning, road hogging, brake suddenly to pick up customers etc

Comment

Erm you are that prepared to bang into people rather than the other way huh?

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
      But how much will it cost if i just need 1 camera facing the front? Coz 95% of the accident will happen in front

Comment

Bro.. In Singapore.. No matter what happen.. Once you hit someone from behind. It's your fault.. Cam also cannot help you.. Well unless you're going to spend beyond the repair bill for legal fees.. ie, you don't pay for repair.. But you'll still need to pay the legal fee which could cost more then the repair bill.. LPPL..

More of this should be done, 80% of the taxi drivers i met on the road are driving in this mannar, i.e sudden change of lanes w/o warning, road hogging, brake suddenly to pick up customers etc

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo View Post
          Erm you are that prepared to bang into people rather than the other way huh?
          of coz not la, like wat tucfaz mentioned, anyone who bangs me from behind will automatic pay for the damages, so i will not have to record wat's going on behind my boot.

Originally posted by tucfaz
          Bro.. In Singapore.. No matter what happen.. Once you hit someone from behind. It's your fault.. Cam also cannot help you.. Well unless you're going to spend beyond the repair bill for legal fees.. ie, you don't pay for repair.. But you'll still need to pay the legal fee which could cost more then the repair bill.. LPPL..
          Well of coz i will not be using the cam to the extend of banging into other's rear, that will be real stupid!

But the cam will be used for like wat adrianli did or maybe when u have the right of way to turn right at the cross junction when the Right Turn arrow is in ur favour but the opposite direction motorist decided to beat the red light, this could be very useful

Comment

Originally posted by tucfaz View Post
            That's the problem ! ...if you hit someone's behind, clearcut you're at fault.
            But what if the bugger reversed into you ? your words against his/hers, 99% chances you'll be judged to be at fault ! ...but with videographic evidences, everything is reversed ! (pun intended !)
            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
              But what if the bugger reversed into you ? your words against his/hers, 99% chances you'll be judged to be at fault ! ...but with videographic evidences, everything is reversed ! (pun intended !)
              no1 in the right mind will reversed his/her car to bang into u n then claim under u.Or maybe I haven't or never met with any driver with this intention yet!

Comment

no1 in the right mind will reversed his/her car to bang into u n then claim under u.Or maybe I haven't or never met with any driver with this intention yet!
                Dear Janson,

Such things do happen esp in a sloping carpark where u have to insert cash card. Do be careful.

And sad to say taxi driver also do such stunts, there are a few real life story in MyCarForum.

Comment

Yeah I really wonder, if somebody really cuts into your lane and you end up sratching his back/side with your front, is that still considered your fault, especially if you have video evidence to show he is clearly in the wrong?

I'm just thinking about my incident that day. A less experienced driver would surely have ended up in an accident, either banging with that car or even hitting the railing alone. It just bugs me that such injustice can easily happen when someone is so inconsiderate, then other victims suffer while the guilty one could have just gotten away scott free

Comment

That's not hitting the rear.. That's when the rear is coming to you.. Like this.. RUN LIKE HELL!!! liao lor

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post

Comment

No need MyCarForum.. Here's one real incident laio.. A Merc actually reverse a few feet towards my car an Funan Center hitting the bumper converting my number plate into a 2 piece thing with one on the floor, because he over shoot the ticket machine.. Then what happen.. The merc driver.. who looks like a senior business man, just look at my bumper, another look at the floor.. Then drive off.. I have to chase him all the way to Highstreet center blast my horn, cut infront of him and ask him to pay for my damage.. Next big blow.. The guy goes.. Aiya.. How much.. No problem, I pay.. No big deal lah.. on that moment. I thought to myself.. If I were to lose my temper.. Whack him or slap him or even verbally abuse.. I'll be at the losing end..

Traffic accident in Singapore?? more troublesome them woman

Dear Janson,

Such things do happen esp in a sloping carpark where u have to insert cash card. Do be careful.

And sad to say taxi driver also do such stunts, there are a few real life story in MyCarForum.

Comment

Yep.. I had my share of this experience.. Lose my NCD.. even when its clearly the other party fault. Because insurance say.. Own damage claim.. Then 2 years later, receive a cheque from the party insurance company, with the cheque written to my name for the claim I made against them.. Was happy at first as justice is serve.. Then I read further, the cheque was send to me by my insurance company.. That ask me to bank in the cheque, then write the same amount back to them

Anyway, this thing ding dong for another year, where I eventually did have to write a cheque to return my insurer, and that's before we actually have to go to court for this stupid $700+

Originally posted by simonwoo View Post
                        Yeah I really wonder, if somebody really cuts into your lane and you end up sratching his back/side with your front, is that still considered your fault, especially if you have video evidence to show he is clearly in the wrong?

I'm just thinking about my incident that day. A less experienced driver would surely have ended up in an accident, either banging with that car or even hitting the railing alone. It just bugs me that such injustice can easily happen when someone is so inconsiderate, then other victims suffer while the guilty one could have just gotten away scott free

Comment

This is a real life incident that happened to my colleague some time ago.

My colleague was in his car at an open carpark lot. Another car drove pass from the right to the left. He was about to drive out of an open space carpark lot, and had not moved is car yet.
                          The car that just drove pass reversed into his car and hit this front bumper. Both the back of the car that had reversed and my colleague's stationary car were damaged.

He owner of the reversing car came out and apologized and they exchanged information. As the owner of the reversing car admitted that it was his fault and promise to pay for all damages, my colleague did not make any report, as he think that the owner would settle this privately.

In the next few days, nothing happened. My colleague called the owner, but got no response. Following that, my colleague received a letter from the insurance company, a request to pay for damages that he incurred in an accident to it's client!!

My colleague called the insurance company and explained the incident. Unknown to my colleague, the owner of the reversing car had reported the incident to both the police and his insurance company claiming that my colleague's car had sped out of the parking lot and knock onto the back of this car.

There were many rounds of dispute from my colleague and he even consulted with some lawyer friends on this options.
                          In the end, he had to pay for the damages that he did not cause.

Even though, he did not cause the damage, and it was clear that he did not cause the problem, the evidence was against him. He was also too trusting and was taken in by the other car owner.

Justice?

Comment

Dear Janson,

hmmm, u guys got a point there. But i will normally stop half a car distance away from a car on a slope especially in those carpark, coz u never know the car in front is a manual transmission car with a newbie in the driver seat

Comment

hmmm, u guys got a point there. But i will normally stop half a car distance away from a car on a slope especially in those carpark, coz u never know the car in front is a manual transmission car with a newbie in the driver seat
                              U try that at the causeway and u will never move forward. There is an upslope there and next to it is the exit of cars from the red channel(declare counter). Mostly MY cars go red channel to do their stuff. The malaysian drivers are very good at such Q cutting.

I wif a few of them b4.

When u r a regular at the causeway esp peak hours, u will learn the intricates of precision driving and actual dimensions of ur car.

Comment

U try that at the causeway and u will never move forward. There is an upslope there and next to it is the exit of cars from the red channel(declare counter). Mostly MY cars go red channel to do their stuff. The malaysian drivers are very good at such Q cutting.

I wif a few of them b4.

When u r a regular at the causeway esp peak hours, u will learn the intricates of precision driving and actual dimensions of ur car.
                                haha, no way i will leave a big gap at the custom, even Singaporeans are good at cutting quene lor! It will be bumper to bumper in the quene, except of a distance at that slope of the Singapore custom toward Singapore

Comment

Working...
                                X