X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuan
    2221-10 need up to 15t to 17t for 3D.
    13t can't
    woah! 17t pinion? i have never seen a 17t pinion b4!
    but i do have a 15t one, so will try with that to see if it helps.
    Also, i will probably try using a small variation v-curve (e.g. 100-80-100) tomorrow. Hopefully my heli won't explode!

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22
      No need flat lar, I used something like 100, 85, 75, 85, 100 without governor and still can tic toc my former beam very well. The Tic toc is proper hold attitude and super fast with the tail pivoting at the same place.
      hi edmond, how was your previous setup like? Motor? Pinion? Servo for cyclics? Pitch curve? mind sharing this info?

Comment

Originally posted by pck
        hi edmond, how was your previous setup like? Motor? Pinion? Servo for cyclics? Pitch curve? mind sharing this info?

beam stock, HS65 all round, 9257 for tail with 401. +12-12 using Radix and later Vblades. Motor is Scorpion 2221-8 on I believe 12t or 13t.

What is important is timing, you can go lighter on the collective and simply flow the heli back and forth, won't even need too much power really, maybe more cyclic. The heli is damn light, no need super high headspeed. 2500-2700 already can tic toc very tightly already.
        Last edited by edmond22; 19-04-2008, 05:04 PM.
        Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by pck
          woah! 17t pinion? i have never seen a 17t pinion b4!
          but i do have a 15t one, so will try with that to see if it helps.
          Also, i will probably try using a small variation v-curve (e.g. 100-80-100) tomorrow. Hopefully my heli won't explode!
          thats only 4 the 2221-10 = 3000kv hor!

2221-8 = 3600 kv 13t enough!
          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

ok, i put in a 15t for my scopion 2221-10 in the TRex and a 14t for the 2221-8 in the mini-T. The headspeed on the Mini-T seems crazy! Worse still, the motor seems to bog when i do a flip. Looks like I need to change it down to a 13t.

However, the Trex with the 15t/2221-10 flies much better. Flew about 3 packs with it and the flight was more responsive. Unfortunately, my tic-toc still sucks!

It's definitely the problem with the pilot.....

Comment

high HS is not the way for good tic tocks...

I have seen some pple with a 30 size very under powered Raptor and doing good tic toocs...

Timing is the key for good tic tocs
              TREX 500 ESP
              Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Originally posted by Art
                high HS is not the way for good tic tocks...

I have seen some pple with a 30 size very under powered Raptor and doing good tic toocs...

Timing is the key for good tic tocs
                Hi Arthur, can you give me step by step instruction on how to perform tic-toc? I must be doing something incorrect...

Comment

Working...
                X