Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Line 53 Review

Hi there everyone,

Thinking of getting the RL53 for my Raptor 50 but before I buy I would like to seek the advise of all the bros and seniors here of what they think of this engine or if anyone who has used it has any comments.

Will the RL53 require lots of maintenance (bearing change, gasket etc)

Thank you in advance.

It is way too early for any durability feedbacks now

Comment

ok thanks.

how about any initial impressions, review or expectations that anyone has, or has written/read about this engine.

why i am asking is that i need an engine for my raptor and like most itchy finger bros out there was thinking if i should go for the better one instead of the smaller brother (tt pro 50h) which is dependable. also i dont have the expertise (but willing to learn) like most guys here.

thanks once again

Comment

Then why not get the OS .50 SX-H Ringed Hyper Heli Engine? Proven and tested by many seasoned flyers. I'm a beginner using TT50Pro, not a bad engine at a cheaper price, but the extra power will make you drool and maybe save my little arse when I need the punch

Comment

tt engines in terms of material is more durable than os. i hv been using tt engine for 11/2 year still giving good compression. but the breakin take longer time than os engine cause of the material. as for os its also a good engine but the power will slacken down faster than tt engine ofcourse easy to tuned. tuning is also up to individual weather u know how to tune or not. for me i don believe in running in my engines 10 over times 3 tanks for me n i wack. 1 tank gnd run 2nd tank hover 3 tank figure8 aft that whack than slowly tuned. oh ya 1 more thing is fuel comsumption tt engine can run longer than os engine proven!!!!!!!!!!!!
          [B][U][SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Long [/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]They[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]Have[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]Wings[/COLOR], [COLOR="Blue"]I'll[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Fly[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Them[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by kriz
            ok thanks.

how about any initial impressions, review or expectations that anyone has, or has written/read about this engine.

why i am asking is that i need an engine for my raptor and like most itchy finger bros out there was thinking if i should go for the better one instead of the smaller brother (tt pro 50h) which is dependable. also i dont have the expertise (but willing to learn) like most guys here.

thanks once again
            Opps.... hehe. what i meant is I dont have the expertise unlike many brothers here. sorry for the typo error. (wait kena hantam. hehe)

I see that people think that TT engine more hardy, so can we also say that since the RL53 is an upgrade of tt50pro that it should also be as reliable but with more power?

Comment

mouse and I got our Redline's this week. I got 9 tanks on mine and mouse has 6 and so far we both think they are awsome The quality of fit and finish

probably the only place on the net where you can find a tt53 review by a non-thundertiger rep...

I find that the tt50 has got a much more durable cylinder liner and piston ring set, but their crankcase and head a bit brittle and break off much easier than OS and the con-rod cannot tahan chicken dance. Even after a lot of lean runs due to fuel delivery problem and carb issues, my piston still swee swee. Can only imagine that the tt53 will only be better.

On the other hand, the OS hyper can do a 1min plus chicken dance with no damage, but its likes to eat bearings, pistons and rings.

One thing to note is that tt haven't got their carb right since their ancient tt36 engine. Although all the previous generation tt 30/50 size engines were using the DV-II carb, but there were slight variation of that carb between the different engines and tbh, they are a lot harder to tune than the OS 60L carb. Hopefully this new one is good out of the box.

sigpic

Comment

os hyper limit 19000rpm 1.9bhp at 17000bhp
                redline limit can go til 22000rmp 2.1 at 17000bhp
                redline is abit lighter n produce more power as for review i agree wat ken say its too early for the verdict check runryder.com lor
                [B][U][SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Long [/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]They[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]Have[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]Wings[/COLOR], [COLOR="Blue"]I'll[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Fly[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Them[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

sry typo wrong its 17000rmp n 22000rpm

Comment

i heaven seen the engine yet but i also thinking for getting the redline if not ys 50 heaven decide

Comment

tt engine

Agreed with GREENTEA. My brother used it for 8 years plus, no problem at all.

Comment

Originally posted by greentea
                        oh ya 1 more thing is fuel comsumption tt engine can run longer than os engine proven!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Bro, I believe you are refering to the normal TT50 engine right ?

I was just looking at the Carb inlet of my TT Redline53 and darn ! ...its huge ! ...certainly would be a bonus if fuel comsumption is about the same as an OS Hyper50 (smaller carb inlet) but I wouldn't be surprised if it's worst than the OS since it's power output (claimed) is higher.
                        Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                          Bro, I believe you are refering to the normal TT50 engine right ?

I was just looking at the Carb inlet of my TT Redline53 and darn ! ...its huge ! ...certainly would be a bonus if fuel comsumption is about the same as an OS Hyper50 (smaller carb inlet) but I wouldn't be surprised if it's worst than the OS since it's power output (claimed) is higher.

Wow master you also got it laio.... I am waiting to complete my project and will see this RL53 power....
                          sigpicGround is closer than it appear...

Comment

Originally posted by abner
                            Wow master you also got it laio.... I am waiting to complete my project and will see this RL53 power....
                            Woaaah ! ...Ah Gong (Great-grandfather) ...when you gonna maiden it in your RJX ? ...must go see and "lou nuor" !

Maybe I'll keep mine for the new TT 3D Rappy 50 !
                            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                              Woaaah ! ...Ah Gong (Great-grandfather) ...when you gonna maiden it in your RJX ? ...must go see and "lou nuor" !

Maybe I'll keep mine for the new TT 3D Rappy 50 !

WOW... TT 3D Rappy...... dont wanna wait too long for it... for the time being, will just fix up my Xtreme... n get it airborn with the RL53
                              sigpicGround is closer than it appear...

Comment

Working...
                              X