Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bros

Had been reading lots of useful informations in this forum. Need some advise in fitting my Mini-T with the align MD500 fuse.

1) Tried fitting tail in but servos is blocking inside the fuse.
    2) Problem tighting the screws after putting the fuse.
    3) Can't align properly the tail boom with the fuse.

Appreciate if someone can enlighten me.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi, Christopher

Not sure are you the one I know , I promise to give you the Alu bracket

, will help you to fit , if you are the one I know .

Ong

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher
        Hi Bros

Had been reading lots of useful informations in this forum. Need some advise in fitting my Mini-T with the align MD500 fuse.

1) Tried fitting tail in but servos is blocking inside the fuse.
        2) Problem tighting the screws after putting the fuse.
        3) Can't align properly the tail boom with the fuse.

Appreciate if someone can enlighten me.

Thanks in advance
        OK, I'll share some info that sent to nosein:

1. You need to make an L shap alu bracket (10mm x 10mm. Can get it from DIY shop, people used to wrap the edge of fish tank or edge of table top, cut 2 pcs with length 10mm each, drill hold at each side so to mount the servo and the other size at the tail servo mounting bracket) so to mount the tail servo is directly under the boom.

2. The Mini-T tail boom is much lower compared to Trex so the main frame mounting will need to lift up by about 20mm higher. I used 2 x 10mm tickness balsa wood stack together and insert between the plywood stand and the main frame. Using a longer screws to hold it.

3. Make use of the push rod that provided for the tail control servo.

4. At the end of the tail, I cut a 20mm tick hard foam into round shap with cut out access for tail boom and the tail servo push rod. this is to hold the tail boom and the tail of the fuselage.

5. You may feel that the tail is a bit heavier after installed. You can add a piece of balsa, mount it under front part of main frame (below the location we normally install our ESC) so that you can use Wilco to tie the battery under the mainframe since there is a lot of space there and make the CG more balance.

6. The two pin at each side (to hold the canopy) will touch the top part of the body so you need to re-inforce using ticker plastic sheet or add fiber cloth with epoxy to make it stronger. That 2 pin is just nice to hold the body so don't need to remove.

7. You need to cut the top part of the fulselage as the lever of the rotor head will hit the top part at the main rotor. Mini-t's rotor lever is slightly longer than Trex.

8. After installed, the distance between the flybar and the top part of the body should measures about 25mm. As the Mini-T's flybar may hit the body, so each time you start spinding up, you need to make sure the flybar is on top of the body when start.

May be one of these days we can meed up so I can share with you how I did the modification and show you how it flies like rock. Not difficult at all.

Cheers,
        Ang.

Comment

Hi Falcon

No lah, im not the one. I sometime fly at OHR or sometime at Bt batok. Dun mind if its going to help me fitting my align fuse... hehe

cheers

Comment

Hi Ang

Thanks for the info. Really appreciate that. Will be good if we can meetup. Where do you fly?

Cheers!

Comment

Just return from flying at Yishun Blk 924 (near to Yishun MRT). We normally fly there every Thursday night between 8pm to 10pm.

Comment

Originally posted by ang
                Just return from flying at Yishun Blk 924 (near to Yishun MRT). We normally fly there every Thursday night between 8pm to 10pm.
                Ok, probably i will bring along my Mini-T next thursday... can't do any flying now as everything apart, half way fitting into align fuse.

Cheers!

Comment

Just wonder how to fly at night ?? got light ??

Comment

You will know when you were there. But only EP Heli hor.

Comment

Hi guys,

anybody tried or have lights in this fuselarge.. is it call navigation lights..

Where can i get them.. and does it run on the main batt.. or a seperate batt..

I want to fit it in..

If got pic to show better..

thanks
                      RM
                      Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
                      Avant Aurora (E1)
                      Avant Aurora (E2)
                      Mcp X
                      GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS
                      JR RS77s 72MHz synthesizer $100
                      will give the buyer 2 unit of electron 6 with 72.810 pin free

Comment

Align MD500 out-of-stock

Hi, Align MD500 is out of stock. However, HeliArtist MD500 is available. Have checked that according to spec, they are about the same weight but the HeliArtist version length seem shorter by a few cm (according to specs on internet). HeliArtist fuselage is more expensive.

Anyone can share opinion on the HeliArtist Fuselage and the differences between Align & HeliArtist (had taken note of SH's comment in this thread). BTW, I would like to fit the fuselage to my Mini-T. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by remotemadness
                          Hi guys,

anybody tried or have lights in this fuselarge.. is it call navigation lights..

Where can i get them.. and does it run on the main batt.. or a seperate batt..

I want to fit it in..

If got pic to show better..

thanks
                          RM
                          My MD-500E and Ang's MD-500E have navigation/anti collision lights installed. My UH-1M also have navigation lights installed (but right now in hanger).

I think most of us uses the DIY method. There do exist commercial version of navigation lights circuitry but I think if u can, DIY will be cheaper.

Ang's uses external battery to power his lights and I use/tap from BEC's 5V and go to a bridge resistors to step down the voltage.

Most of us uses LED as the light source. What resistor values for the LED is depend on what i/p voltage u use and what LED u use.

For 5V supply with Ultra bright LED, I use 100 Ohms.

Some uses the bicycle night lights to power the LED also.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                            My MD-500E and Ang's MD-500E have navigation/anti collision lights installed. My UH-1M also have navigation lights installed (but right now in hanger).

I think most of us uses the DIY method. There do exist commercial version of navigation lights circuitry but I think if u can, DIY will be cheaper.

Ang's uses external battery to power his lights and I use/tap from BEC's 5V and go to a bridge resistors to step down the voltage.

Most of us uses LED as the light source. How many resistance for the LED is depend on what i/p voltage u use and what LED u use.

For 5V supply with Ultra bright LED, I use 100 Ohms.

Some uses the bicycle night lights to power the LED also.

SH
                            Thanks bro,

not good in electronic DIY staff.. scared explode.. ..(willing to learn )

you mention can buy pre-done.. does any LHS sells this..

so thats mean you have to drill hole in the fuselarge to fit as well.. should install the lights in first before fixing the heli in the fuselarge right..

cheers
                            RM
                            Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
                            Avant Aurora (E1)
                            Avant Aurora (E2)
                            Mcp X
                            GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS
                            JR RS77s 72MHz synthesizer $100
                            will give the buyer 2 unit of electron 6 with 72.810 pin free

Comment

Originally posted by Nosein
                              Hi, Align MD500 is out of stock. However, HeliArtist MD500 is available. Have checked that according to spec, they are about the same weight but the HeliArtist version length seem shorter by a few cm (according to specs on internet). HeliArtist fuselage is more expensive.

Anyone can share opinion on the HeliArtist Fuselage and the differences between Align & HeliArtist (had taken note of SH's comment in this thread). BTW, I would like to fit the fuselage to my Mini-T. Many thanks.

My build log of the 500 D is online.
                              Heliartist 500 D build log

If you have any specific questions let me know
                              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by remotemadness
                                Thanks bro,

not good in electronic DIY staff.. scared explode.. ..(willing to learn )

you mention can buy pre-done.. does any LHS sells this..

so thats mean you have to drill hole in the fuselarge to fit as well.. should install the lights in first before fixing the heli in the fuselarge right..

cheers
                                RM

I not sure any of our LHS selling those stuff or not. U can try to ask them.
                                It depend on which part of the navigation lights. For MD-500E, the only part that require drilling hole on the fuselage is the belly blinking lights.

SH

Comment

Working...
                                X