Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was running my boat on Sat morning as usual when a fisherman near me caught a Pig Nose Turtle. I was very surprised. The fisherman said this can be sold at the hawker centre, for this size he caught for S$50. This is the type of turtle they used to make turtle soup.

I didnt know this is an endangered spieces till I read wiki.

He called his fren to come and pick up the turtle and probably, S$50 richer too. What a catch I must say. The turtle put up a fierce fight while he tried to reel it in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-03-23-418.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	974388

Name:	2013-03-23-419.jpg
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	974389

Name:	2013-03-23-421.jpg
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	974390

Name:	2013-03-23-422.jpg
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	974391

Name:	2013-03-23-424.jpg
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	974392

Comment

Poor Thing.....

Comment

This is not pig nose ( I got one similar size ) . This is the common turtle for soup :山瑞鳖
        Anyway still poor thing...

Comment

Originally posted by raidor88 View Post
          This is not pig nose ( I got one similar size ) . This is the common turtle for soup :山瑞鳖
          Anyway still poor thing...
          Ya, u are right. This turtle is not a pig nose turtle. Me not familiar with such wildlife. It is just one of the many species of soft shell turtle used for cooking turtle soup. Its not an endangered species.

Comment

Yup, this is not turtle, it's Terapin. or we all called it 'shui yu' or 'bie'. cook it with chinese herb as soup very good for blood detox n circulation.
            Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Last Sat, saw a dead Knife Fish in the water, as big as my 30+" Miss Geico. Never seen such a big Knife Fish before.

Also now PUB in plain clothes patrolling that stretch of water where the anglers fish. One angler took his rod and came to chit chat with me abt r/c boating, PUB guy walkover to tell him no fishing at boat deck. Was surprised and reassured the officer that this guy is not fishing, he just came over to find out more on r/c boating.

Name:	Dead Fish at Lower Seletar 001.jpg
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	974675

Name:	Dead Fish at Lower Seletar 002.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	974676

Comment

Early morning went to run my boat and saw the mess some idiots made to the place.

Name:	Vanquish 033.jpg
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	978723

Name:	Vanquish 034.jpg
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	978724

Comment

yah always a mess whenever I drop by. Maybe they should put a CCTV there. Even a dummy one should be enough to deter.

Comment

Terrible news at our boating site

Comment

Was surprised to see a very nice scale rescue boat last Saturday. Owner told me he took 3 months to build from a model kit.

Name:	Scale Rescue Boat 001.jpg
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	981402

Name:	Scale Rescue Boat 002.jpg
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	981403

Comment

Very nice indeed! Thanks for Sharing!

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                        Was surprised to see a very nice scale rescue boat last Saturday. Owner told me he took 3 months to build from a model kit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]143471[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]143472[/ATTACH]

Comment

its SGCrawler member de....hahhaha...just saw the video on Youtube last night...;) True very nice!
                          Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Hi bros would like to get more info from adrian if you are still around as there is a small group of us playing at selatar club road we were intending to write in to ask for a power socket just similar to pandan reservoir and we would require your expertise sir

Comment

Originally posted by B.H.B View Post
                              Hi bros would like to get more info from adrian if you are still around as there is a small group of us playing at selatar club road we were intending to write in to ask for a power socket just similar to pandan reservoir and we would require your expertise sir
                              I am definately still around. I am there running my boat this morning only.

I think getting a power socket there is difficult, cos all the park lamp post there runs on solar + lead acid battery. I spoke to the contractor there before when they were renewing the batteries.

Comment

Just to check still can play rc boat there?

Comment

Working...
                                X