Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raidor88 View Post
    Just a suggestion to improve the boating experience.

I have observed that if the boats that are too far out are harder to spot if you are on level ground.
    What about building an elevated platform?
    I already suggested that during the initial planning stage. I guess they(PUB/their consultant) threw my suggestion out of the window due to probably budget or "safety" concerns.

I even forward to them pics of platforms which the US guys race their boats.

Comment

Adrian,
      Dont loose heart. If there are enough people using the site to run their boats I am sure PUB will consider what we need and the fiesability of providing for it. Pandan is a good example. We have a shed with power supply, launching platform and a marked course.

Campaing this site to your fellow sailors and in time it will improve. I sailed there on Saturday and noticed some short commings and will suggest improvements thru RCSS.

Cheers!
      Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

Took me several drives past the place before i realised i was there. it looks like a rain shelter. Its great we can use it, but not exactly spent much on it

Comment

Hey raidor88,I was just at the resvr running my boat didn't have any problems with pub personnel.Next time you should politely ask him for his name so as to confirm his credentials.
          Tested a new airboat,quite fun.

Comment

I never had any problem with the PUB guys there. I encountered them thrice. Twice, they came over to check if I was fishing. When they saw my boats, they just smiled and move off.

Once, the PUB staff just told me not to park along the grass verge and told me to park on the other side of the grass verge.

Every time I'm there, there will be their contractors in either green or yellow sampan going along the grass edge to do their cleaning.

No problems running my r/c boat there at all. But if you need their help to retrieve ur stranded boat, that is entirely up to the individual PUB personnel. They are not obligated to do so.

Or like me, play only early in the morning where the contractor sampan is ard. If stranded, can shout to them for help. Otherwise get ready ur own retrieval method.

Comment

recovery boat.

Almost completed recovery boat,needs a wire rig up front and it's my rescue craft for more boats at L/Seletar.

Comment

Went there this morning as usual and found out they have put up the signboard, changed the life buoy and retrenched the bottom of the water at the launching platform. Must be request from the sailors. But the contractor dump the sand and mud to the sides of the launching platform. Do take note of shallow water while approaching from the side of the launching platform.

Some pics I took.

Comment

Well it's official now,we have a place of our own for rc boating. It would be good for hobbyist to take photos or videos everytime we are running our crafts there.

Comment

Dear Friends,

The Yacht Race at Seletar Rowers Bay was a huge success. PUB did a fantastic job in providing the support and prizes for this event.

1st Colin
                    2nd Ervin
                    3rd Khoon Hin

Cheers go out to Seletar Country Club and the PUB.
                    Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

It's great that we have a sponsored race at the rsvr,anybody took pictures or videos of this very first official gathering ?

Comment

Yep...95 to be exact....

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Will try to post some after I get permission from the photographer....
                        Cheers!

Comment

Wow... That good. Near my work place.

Comment

Thought I'd share a video of my latest foray at the rsvr.

Video of completed model airboat at Lower Seletar Rsvr.

Comment

New signboard up. So who is secretly flying their sea-plane there???

Comment

I think it is a precautionary move on the part of the CAAS. I dont believe that there is anyone out there stupid enough to fly an rc plane (or helicopter) within the control airspace of an airport. I mean the person must either be a total jerk or he does not have any form of common sense and should be put away for his own good.

Comment

Working...
                                X