Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some go for fast boats some for scale and some for wind powered sail. It all depends on individual. I prefer slow moving boats and have purchase the Victoria to start off. Am also trying to scratch build too.

Regards
    If the building stops, the buying starts!

Comment

Hi Deekwoo,

thank you for you enthusiasm in helping to setup for facility for the RC boat hobby. It is heartwarming to see that you have already set things in motion and not just talk only.

I am not sure how many boaters are there. But from the number of miss Geico and F1 boats that are moving off the shelves, I think we have more than a handful. ;) Just that they may be spread over several areas.

I wish you success in setting up the facility as I am one new boater eager to run my boat there.

Originally posted by deekwoo View Post
      Firstly, is there anyway i can privatise my posts so just the users of this thread can see it? I'm open to telling everyone about the details of PUB and their agendas but i just feel that it might be abit sensitive.

on another note, SCC (seletar Country Club) is not looking for any kind of financial gain from this, we dont intend to rope in the public to join the club or anything like that.

My role at the moment as far as i know of, is to facilitate you guys in whatever means i can so that we can cultivate a healthy boat activity at the reservoir. as you understand as with all PUB matters, an immediate carpark is not going to just appear out of thin air, Mr Goh has plans to convert a small area into a carpark for the enthusiasts but i hope everyone here understands that it is very difficult to create or further develop anything else if there is a lack of activity there in the first place.

I think Mr Goh is trying to push for these things for the enthusiasts but he can only do so much, at the end of the day it is about justifying the means to the end.

which is why SCC has come in and offered to hold a race to somewhat make it "official" or a startpoint so there is an opportunity to create publicity and awareness. both positive and negative.

positive awareness such as how the enthusiasts are coming out and claiming the boating scene as thier own, how the rowers bay is frequented by all boaters and how it is a fun and interesting hobby to take up.

Negative awareness such as things that can be brought up to PUB so they can address, how the launching platform is only enough for 4 people, how there are no electric sockets, no shade, not enough seats for spectators etc...

Comment

Was there again last Sat from 7am to 9.30am. Alone again. Took a pic of my rescue boat under way.

Comment

Thanks mave,

although alot of what i can do depends on the enthusiasts here... anyway, i went down for abit the other day to check out blackite's rescue boat. pretty neat.

Originally posted by mave View Post
          Hi Deekwoo,

thank you for you enthusiasm in helping to setup for facility for the RC boat hobby. It is heartwarming to see that you have already set things in motion and not just talk only.

I am not sure how many boaters are there. But from the number of miss Geico and F1 boats that are moving off the shelves, I think we have more than a handful. ;) Just that they may be spread over several areas.

I wish you success in setting up the facility as I am one new boater eager to run my boat there.

Comment

haha,

SORRY SORRY,

not blackite, another member... i got mixed up.

Comment

Ha ha, daniel,that is a photo of me.Went back with my kids on sunday and took video shots of my boat.Here's one that I uploaded to youtube.

Comment

Hey Dereck,
                No problem. Here are some pictures of my boat taken at Bedok Res. This is an International One Meter (IOM) and they are raced around the world and are the largest and fastest growing fleet. They are also expensive as they are made to order to very tight specifications. Mine is made in New Zealand whie others are made in Italy, Spain, UK, Netherlands, Sweden, Australia, and Croatia.

Being a yacht, movement depends on the wind and because they are very efficient, the slightest wind will make them move so there is no danger of it being stranded..

Minimum weight allowed 4kgs
                Maximum bulb weight 2.4kgs
                Maximum Length 1m

This yacht has won the 2010 Putrajaya sailing Week Regatta, 13th Western Circuit Regatta, 2010 Pandan Res Regatta and the RC Sailing Singapore 2010 Championship.

Regards

Most are designed using a computer programme then moulds are CNC cut. Hull usually fiberglass, keel and rudder carbonfiber, sails milar ,deck fittings are stainless steel, rigging steel wire, mast and booms are aluminium.

Regards

Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

I didnt say race springers

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                  I think most spectators would want a race to end in couple of mins. Having a springer boat race is more for family day outing for the kids and adults to have fun. I have a vac-u-tow, the speed is pretty much walking pace.
                  Originally posted by Akula View Post
                  If you arent going to race them what makes it fun? Well they have steering courses, but probably of more interest in SGP, is springer soccer. The front of the boats have spring buffers which can push a soccer ball around.
                  Anyway the reef racer might be good

Comment

Anyway the reef racer might be good

Just had a look at the RR2, found some on youtube, that would make an excellent beginners race class

Comment

Just had a look at the RR2, found some on youtube, that would make an excellent beginners race class
                      Yeah, its relatively cheap.

Can have the stock class, endurance(run until batt flat) class and modified class.

NTC and RCS would be very happy as stocks would fly off the shelves.

Comment

i have a zig zag racer 3
                        i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

went to the boating spot today.. just wonder is it open everyday? or only can boat at certain time frame only..

and got to park at along the dam.. it not car will be easily buy off by the big truck is not put inner enough.. and worry the tire will get stuck if too muddy on the grass pad area..

Comment

It is open to the public and there is no time restriction. However the best time to sail is between 7am-9.30 am., when there is less wind and the water is rather calm.For your peace of mind it is wise to park at the dam/causeway.

Comment

Tentative race day March 19
                              IOM racing yachts 2pm to 6pm
                              Prizes for top 3 placings
                              Hosted by Seletar Country Club and PUB

Stay tuned for confirmation.
                              Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

Just a suggestion to improve the boating experience.

I have observed that if the boats that are too far out are harder to spot if you are on level ground.
                                What about building an elevated platform?

Comment

Working...
                                X