Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys,
    Just a reminder on boating safety. The props are potentially dangerous objects. You may be the best pilot with the best equipment but accidents do happen. A stray runaway boat slicing up someones ankle is not unheard of. All it takes is one renegade modeler who thinks he knows more than the others to bann the whole site for the rest of us good guys. We need to take it upon ourselfs to educate these people that there are other prople in Singapore other then themselves.
    Regards
    Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

testing the water.

Just launched my airboat from the new platform more to try- run the boat for structural soundness and water proofing before fitting the bells and whistles.
      The place is great, learned that the PUB is listerning to suggestions for improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by artymo62.5 View Post
        Just launched my airboat from the new platform more to try- run the boat for structural soundness and water proofing before fitting the bells and whistles.
        The place is great, learned that the PUB is listerning to suggestions for improvement.
        Hope you enjoy the running area there. Really a nice place.

Yup, I wrote to Mr Goh of PUB and gave them my two cents suggestion. So now you can see the life bouy there for safety. I just hope my carpark suggestion will materialise too.

Comment

testing the boat

Here's my continuing adventure at L/Seletar.Smooth but slow will need bigger power,batt etc.
          Would be nice if PUB added a canopy over the landing.

Comment

Here's my continuing adventure at L/Seletar.Smooth but slow will need bigger power,batt etc.
            Would be nice if PUB added a canopy over the landing.
            Can it be travel on land as well?
            Warpath Wong

Comment

Originally posted by Battle fury View Post
              Can it be travel on land as well?
              At the moment no but considering that I built it myself,anything is possible.
              Add four wheels and it's an air-duck boat.

Comment

Airboat at L/Seletar

Out at L/Seletar today water a little choppy.Boat has a larger motor and prop,a little deck improvement.Think I'll get a bigger battery set-up.

Comment

Out at L/Seletar today water a little choppy.Boat has a larger motor and prop,a little deck improvement.Think I'll get a bigger battery set-up.
                  Bro,which dock are you at?
                  The one to Jln.Kayu or the Lentor?
                  Also what is the timing usually you'll be there?
                  Been there a few times but usually alone.
                  Hope to catch up with you one day.
                  Happy Boating.

Comment

Hi Xstream,
                    I launch at the landing built for rc boats by the pub,I guess it would be the one to J kayu. I usually play on weekdays with good weather.However I am still experimenting with the boat and in the process of reskinning with thinner plywood and reducing the width for better streamlinning.I will relaunch in a week's time. Here is a picture of the boat before stripping.

Comment

Is there a time restriction to play boats like at bedok reservoir?

Leong
                      If the building stops, the buying starts!

Comment

I am not familiar with the rules at bedok.I have been sailing my boats at L/Seletar for some time and have not been stopped by the park people.However the place is not officailly open to the public so I guess we would be the guinea pigs to test the facility.Hopefully it will lead to more such places open for our boating fun.

Comment

Oh. I'm currently looking into scratch building boats, those slow scale lookalike. Looking for a place to play and test out.

Leong
                          If the building stops, the buying starts!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyBoy View Post
                            Is there a time restriction to play boats like at bedok reservoir?

Leong
                            I dont think there is a time restriction there for now. I was there last Fri and no sign post there stating any time restriction.

I play my boats there very early in the morning so that I have a near mirror water surface to run my speed demons. I usually run my boats on Sat from 7am to 9am. The condition is perfect for fast electric boats.

So far, only the PUB cleaner boats come and check out my boats and one PUB officer drop by to inform me no fishing there. I was using a fishing rod to retrieve my stranded boat and he tot I was fishing.

Comment

you guys tried subs there???
                              sigpic
                              Radix 690mm, 600mm FBL(pristine cond.)
                              Futaba GY611
                              HIROBO Quark SRB 2.4gHz
                              HIROBO Sceadu Evolution EX50 (full carbon, SZ IV rotorhead, full electronics, original Hirobo mains and tails, FRP canopy+decals, original Hirobo electric power mechanics)

Comment

Originally posted by nytflyer View Post
                                you guys tried subs there???
                                Nope. My subs are only played in my fish tank, disturbing my fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X