X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

submarine

heh.. just curious..

anyone plays rc submarine here?

or better still.. anyone knows how to convert a static plastic kit into an rc one?

it's like real cool lah..

Originally posted by nicholastanqingh
    heh.. just curious..

anyone plays rc submarine here?

or better still.. anyone knows how to convert a static plastic kit into an rc one?

it's like real cool lah..
    eheh whether you can convert a static to RC model depends on the scale of your sub. Also need to consider if you are going to have ballast tanks for controlling depth, a preset depth or juz controlling depth using some rudder ailerons.. Budget has to be much more than a normal scale ship though..

You might want to check this page out:
    RC Submarines and how I built them, remote controlled and fully functional subs.
    Hangar:
    IJN Yamato (RC, EP)
    fitted with workable searchlight
    1/350 Tamiya,
    converted from static

DKM Bismarck (Static)
    USS Missouri (Static)
    --------------------
    Shipyard:
    Schnellboot S-100 Klasse (RC, EP)
    USS New Jersey (RC, EP)
    -------------------
    Home Waters: Tanah Merah (my condo)
    Boating hours: 9.30pm+ (night ops)
    -------------------

Comment

hmm.. what is the minimum scale I can convert leh?

would I be able to convert one with a budget under 300?

actually I looking at this scale ship from uk now.. it's like damn nice.. but ex also.. 500 like that for the ship alone not including motors and esc servos..

check this out.. http://www.westbourne-models.com/erol.html#3384X3722

are there any local or cheaper nearer places which sell such scale ships or submarines?

Comment

hmm.. what is the minimum scale I can convert leh?

would I be able to convert one with a budget under 300?

actually I looking at this scale ship from uk now.. it's like damn nice.. but ex also.. 500 like that for the ship alone not including motors and esc servos..

check this out.. http://www.westbourne-models.com/erol.html#3384X3722

are there any local or cheaper nearer places which sell such scale ships or submarines?
        I converted a 1/350 Battleship before... and its about less than 1m in length Depends on how you place you stuff. Normally ppl go for 1/117 (i think) in most countries, but that is almost impractical in Singapore unless you have a van

Assuming you have a kit already, converting one with a budget shouldn't be a problem..less than $200 if you go budget and improvise (like me)
        Hangar:
        IJN Yamato (RC, EP)
        1/350 Tamiya,
        converted from static

DKM Bismarck (Static)
        USS Missouri (Static)
        --------------------
        Shipyard:
        USS New Jersey (RC, EP)
        -------------------
        -------------------

Comment

hmmm..

are you talking about ships or submarine?

so cheap ah.. $200 can convert liao..

I looking at those subs which can dive and rise w/o movinf forward.. heh..

anywhere here sell those big enough kits?

Comment

hmmm..

are you talking about ships or submarine?

so cheap ah.. $200 can convert liao..

I looking at those subs which can dive and rise w/o movinf forward.. heh..

anywhere here sell those big enough kits?
            For boat, its cheap since you don't need high-performance motors / ESCs etc and you need a minimum of 2 channels only.

For your type of submarine, you can either create some ballast mechanism (which costs much more and is more complex) or use some ailerons to direct the flow of water such that it dives when driven at high velocity. Definitely more expensive than boat, since you need at least three ailerons for basic maneuvering. Bear in mind that you would need a pretty reliable controller with extensive coverage of the area (perhaps an air controller? [i don't know if signals go down for that]) as the mineral content of the water drastically decreases the reception under water -- even if it's chlorinated water.
            Hangar:
            IJN Yamato (RC, EP)
            1/350 Tamiya,
            converted from static

DKM Bismarck (Static)
            USS Missouri (Static)
            --------------------
            Shipyard:
            USS New Jersey (RC, EP)
            -------------------
            -------------------

Comment

To test water of how much u enjoy rc sub...... u can try one of those "toy" rc sub available in many toy dept or toy store.

Some are really toy of 2 chr ...... forward to dive and no pwr it just surface (dynamic diver)

the other type is power diver..... they use a 3rd motor to push the sub to go below water surface ...... kind of semi static diver.....

and the final one is with motor control ballast tank which control the depth by taking in water......so far only come across v small non scale version at $69.9

I have try all 3 and the last is the most fun and the only one I am still holding on ....... the rest all sold as 2nd hand

this is my micro rc sub and video of it

Last edited by loyn; 09-09-2007, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Graupner Sub

Loyn,

Did you purchase the Graupner sub locally?

Comment

Originally posted by ssling
                  Loyn,

Did you purchase the Graupner sub locally?
                  That is not a Graupner sub ........ but a MIC look alike

if u know what I means

it is almost 90% identical to that of Graupner sub ....... except the directional control is slightly diff.

BTW one of my friend told me Graupner sub has some problem ..... 18 out of 20 sold have been reture for functional failure ........ infro from a oversea hobby shop

Comment

Graupner Look-Alike

May I ask where you purchased the look-alike? Was it in Singapore? I hope Graupner has solved this problem, as I ordered one last week from the US. However, I am interested in the MIC (Made in China?) version if it is available locally. Thank you.

Comment

not sure is it still available as there is only 2 pcs ...... a sub and a shark

both have the same control function

it is from minitXXXhobby ....... sorry cant write the full name

it is located at Marina square

Comment

Working...
                      X