Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rc drift car

Is rc drift car really better in drifting....or normal cars are also good for driftin....i heard that drift rc is way better coz of the weight balance ....the placement of motor and the batteries....which is better ???...is there any full set of rc drifting car inclusive of everything?....really desperately need one...

Thanks for anybody hu reply this...
    tt-01!!!

Hi there,

For your info, those cars produced for rc drifting are usually the same IMO as those normal 4WD rc cars, and I`m refering to the chassics type and drive. The only real difference is the tyres they comes with the kit.
    Brands like yokomo`s provide plastic like material rings wrapped around the rubbers, and HPI`s provide ABS material tyres. These material`s are the key for rc drifting, although some would swapped for custom PVC pipes as the tyres...
    Talking about chassics, any 4WD chassics are considered a drifter, thou those modern chassics eg. TA-05, TB EVO5 or Sprint 2 are much easier to start with, as they are more refined and swift to move around the circuit. Best drifting chassics are never ending, as you might hear lots of heresay about this and that, but if you do a search in the web you may be amazed to hear that the old Tamiya`s TA-03F is still considering the best drifting in the rc world. In fact I owned one myself, and gotta say she`s really good, much better than my other raced proven TA-04R.
    Do a search in the SGDrifters for a used complete kit RTR is you wanna start this hobby, and at the same time you can find lots of infos there in this rc drifting world.
    Happy Drifting!

Link: www.sgdrifters.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gotcha
      Hi there,

For your info, those cars produced for rc drifting are usually the same IMO as those normal 4WD rc cars, and I`m refering to the chassics type and drive. The only real difference is the tyres they comes with the kit.
      Brands like yokomo`s provide plastic like material rings wrapped around the rubbers, and HPI`s provide ABS material tyres. These material`s are the key for rc drifting, although some would swapped for custom PVC pipes as the tyres...
      Talking about chassics, any 4WD chassics are considered a drifter, thou those modern chassics eg. TA-05, TB EVO5 or Sprint 2 are much easier to start with, as they are more refined and swift to move around the circuit. Best drifting chassics are never ending, as you might hear lots of heresay about this and that, but if you do a search in the web you may be amazed to hear that the old Tamiya`s TA-03F is still considering the best drifting in the rc world. In fact I owned one myself, and gotta say she`s really good, much better than my other raced proven TA-04R.
      Do a search in the SGDrifters for a used complete kit RTR is you wanna start this hobby, and at the same time you can find lots of infos there in this rc drifting world.
      Happy Drifting!

hmm..thanks for replying..but how much each of these cost
      with the radio and wat is the price estimated..thanks for replying anieway
      tt-01!!!

Comment

Hi there,

Happy Drifting!

about a taMIYA...DOES TTO1 GOOD..AND A 4wd car is gud for drifting is it ?
        is the price of all these rc cars as cheap at tai sing corp. at north bridge rd there??
        tt-01!!!

Comment

Tai Sing carries only HPI stuffs, and tey`re expensive, except for some accessories like bodyshells, wheels, etc.

TT-01D is definitely a good chassics to drift, except sometimes need alot of patience to tune it till perfect. My personal opinion is that they runs weel when new, but wears fast tha usual, if you played really hard( that`s me ). If budget not really,
          I would really recommend a better chassic, eg. TB-02 for shaft driven, or TA-04 for belt driven. These two chassics are truely designed built for touring cars, under the less expensive cat. even when new, but are old models already( can get at STARGEK @ 150-200 ). Then you can try get the radio`s second hand ( roughly $50 ). Then again second hand batts n charger blar blar blar.
          If you are truely serious in this, try not cutting costs as this hobby will grow in you when you got addicted to it.

Comment

how about yokomo??
            i see the drift kit is good at this
            and 2nd hand kit is cheap like tt-01 plus

is yokomo good as a dift kit??

Comment

Yokomo is also good, and if you can buy 2nd hand cheap as tt-01, it`s a good grab. But bear this in mind that you can`t get spares easily, as they dun have any authorised agent here. You have to indent mostly at aunt Winnie`s place( swan models locates at orchard plaza ) for example for spares. Usually these car kits don`t break easily like helis, planes during crashes, but you dun know for sure...
              IMHO, get a Tamiya or HPI will be safer as they are much more user friendy.

Comment

Tai Sing carries only HPI stuffs, and tey`re expensive, except for some accessories like bodyshells, wheels, etc.

TT-01D is definitely a good chassics to drift, except sometimes need alot of patience to tune it till perfect. My personal opinion is that they runs weel when new, but wears fast tha usual, if you played really hard( that`s me ). If budget not really,
                I would really recommend a better chassic, eg. TB-02 for shaft driven, or TA-04 for belt driven. These two chassics are truely designed built for touring cars, under the less expensive cat. even when new, but are old models already( can get at STARGEK @ 150-200 ). Then you can try get the radio`s second hand ( roughly $50 ). Then again second hand batts n charger blar blar blar.
                If you are truely serious in this, try not cutting costs as this hobby will grow in you when you got addicted to it.
                Hmm...but is there anywhere in sijngapore selling all these tamiya stuffs...and so.....which is better??and really there second hand controllers?where do i get them?

which of these is better?
                tamiya tt01
                tamiya tl01
                yokohomo??
                hpi rs4 drift?
                hpi drift??
                hmm....hard to chhose then

i am going for cheap..quality..good drifting...easy spareparts to get..and overall.........thanks anyone hu reply this..
                tt-01!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zattan22
                  how about yokomo??
                  i see the drift kit is good at this
                  and 2nd hand kit is cheap like tt-01 plus

is yokomo good as a dift kit??
                  Hmm....you owe a rs4 micro...i heard its good for drifting with pvc tyres bla bla...and how much does it cost????for everything?......accurate price plz..im sure its expensive..
                  tt-01!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X