Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AXI bearing replacement

Hi,
    Has anyone here replaced the bearings of their AXI motors before?
    I have an AXI 2212/20 and it seemed like the bearing is wearing out...need to replace.

Anybody knows what size? where to get, how much?

Thanks.

Just to share with the rest of you on bearing replacement.
    I had bought the bearings from SLS Bearings at Jalan Besar. The specification for the bearings are:
    NMB RI 518 ZZ
    NMB R 2 ZZ
    They cost $3.5 and $4.00 each, before GST.

Here's the picture of my broken bearing and the new ones I bought.

MS

Comment

Woah bro, how come your bearing spoilt until like that?

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by leonlio
        Woah bro, how come your bearing spoilt until like that?

Thanks for sharing.

Dunno....,last week, after my 3rd flight, I felt that the motor was very rough when I manually rotate it. I can 'feel' that the bearing was rough, as I did not feel that the casing was rubbing.

Last night, when I dismantled the motor and force out the bearing, it broke into pieces. I would think that the bearing housing was already cracked before I force it out.

Well, the best thing about this hobby is that you learn new things all the time!

My 'new' old ehawk will be taking flight this weekend. Just finished soldering the connectors on the new ESC last night. Need to put weight in front as the CG is too far back.

Comment

Originally posted by msc
          Dunno....,last week, after my 3rd flight, I felt that the motor was very rough when I manually rotate it. I can 'feel' that the bearing was rough, as I did not feel that the casing was rubbing.

Last night, when I dismantled the motor and force out the bearing, it broke into pieces. I would think that the bearing housing was already cracked before I force it out.

Well, the best thing about this hobby is that you learn new things all the time!

My 'new' old ehawk will be taking flight this weekend. Just finished soldering the connectors on the new ESC last night. Need to put weight in front as the CG is too far back.
          good joB bro!. time for me to replace my silverline 2212 bearing too, got a 'clok' sound when the motor spin..

e Hawk! i juz got mine not long ago and having lots of fun, wat kind of power set up u have for this glider?
          -Ehawk 2000 Pro
          -Mouton 1600 EV
          -AMD micro chili
          -HK Kinetic800
          -SF Learjet45

Comment

I have extra 2 pairs of bearings, I could spare 1 set, let me know if you want.

The E-hawk was from Dennis, just managed to maiden it yesterday. The thing is FAST! Just flew it once and will be flying it more when I get more time later.

It comes with a hyperion z3013/16, using a 60A ESC on a 3S Lipo. I measured the current draw and noticed that the current drawn at peak was 25A.

I had wanted a very slow glider, but this turn out to be a bit too fast. I think I'll have to learn fast.

MS

Comment

Originally posted by msc
              I have extra 2 pairs of bearings, I could spare 1 set, let me know if you want.

The E-hawk was from Dennis, just managed to maiden it yesterday. The thing is FAST! Just flew it once and will be flying it more when I get more time later.

It comes with a hyperion z3013/16, using a 60A ESC on a 3S Lipo. I measured the current draw and noticed that the current drawn at peak was 25A.

I had wanted a very slow glider, but this turn out to be a bit too fast. I think I'll have to learn fast.

MS
              wow, the ehawk 2000? i intended to get from him but my transportation is an issue so i bought the 1400 version. seems likes urs flew like a hotliner

hehe u can always fly slow, tat depends on ur finger..
              -Ehawk 2000 Pro
              -Mouton 1600 EV
              -AMD micro chili
              -HK Kinetic800
              -SF Learjet45

Comment

Originally posted by msc
                Just to share with the rest of you on bearing replacement.
                I had bought the bearings from SLS Bearings at Jalan Besar. The specification for the bearings are:
                NMB RI 518 ZZ
                NMB R 2 ZZ
                They cost $3.5 and $4.00 each, before GST.

Here's the picture of my broken bearing and the new ones I bought.

MS
                juz change my axi 2212/26 silverline bearing, the motor perform like new! save $$$

thx to bro msc
                -Ehawk 2000 Pro
                -Mouton 1600 EV
                -AMD micro chili
                -HK Kinetic800
                -SF Learjet45

Comment

Glad to hear that your motor is like new, there was also a change in performance with mine also.

Nice to meet up with you.

MS

Comment

Working...
                  X