Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do if boat gets stuck in pond

Hi, I am relatively new to RC scale boating. Have converted a scale model of my Tamiya Yamato. A qn: what happens if your boat gets trapped in the middle of the pond? Thanks...
    Hangar:
    IJN Yamato (RC, EP)
    fitted with workable searchlight
    1/350 Tamiya,
    converted from static

DKM Bismarck (Static)
    USS Missouri (Static)
    --------------------
    Shipyard:
    Schnellboot S-100 Klasse (RC, EP)
    USS New Jersey (RC, EP)
    -------------------
    Home Waters: Tanah Merah (my condo)
    Boating hours: 9.30pm+ (night ops)
    -------------------

Boating 101

Boating 101

1) Boat with others - PP have excellent tugboats for rescue, Bishan pond is the hangout of Adrianli
    2) get a fishing rod from Cash Converter and buy some float and leadweight.
    3) learn to swim (illegal in NP)
    4) get a rescue boat, as standby NQD toy boat will do
    5) buy a small dinghy and row out

Happy boating.
    Gone Gas...but Petrol went UP !!!
    now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

re

Originally posted by Palladine
      Boating 101

1) Boat with others - PP have excellent tugboats for rescue, Bishan pond is the hangout of Adrianli
      2) get a fishing rod from Cash Converter and buy some float and leadweight.
      3) learn to swim (illegal in NP)
      4) get a rescue boat, as standby NQD toy boat will do
      5) buy a small dinghy and row out

Happy boating.
      lol ok =)
      Hangar:
      IJN Yamato (RC, EP)
      1/350 Tamiya,
      converted from static

DKM Bismarck (Static)
      USS Missouri (Static)
      --------------------
      Shipyard:
      USS New Jersey (RC, EP)
      -------------------
      -------------------

Comment

Now for the serious stuff.

For savage operations like rescuing missing submarine, pls contact Adrian for professional services. As in the treads you can read he did retrieved a submarine submerged, or is it submissing submarine.

now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

For savage operations like rescuing missing submarine, pls contact Adrian for professional services. As in the treads you can read he did retrieved a submarine submerged, or is it submissing submarine.

Not me leh. But I can offer u my company's slavage boats at a going rate of US$30K per day. U want ROV to dive in n do search ops also can, juz add more $$$. Our boats offer DP2 capabilities, able to stand still within 1-2m of GPS position.

Ours consider competitive rates already. RSN offered S$200K jus to tow a tanker back to SG shipyard!!! PSA offer S$500 for jus a single pull of ur boat out of harbour!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
            Not me leh. But I can offer u my company's slavage boats at a going rate of US$30K per day. U want ROV to dive in n do search ops also can, juz add more $$$. Our boats offer DP2 capabilities, able to stand still within 1-2m of GPS position.

Ours consider competitive rates already. RSN offered S$200K jus to tow a tanker back to SG shipyard!!! PSA offer S$500 for jus a single pull of ur boat out of harbour!!!
            ToiletFreak has a Japanese Warship, so how many biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllion yen will your savage operations cost him heheheheh

You might scare the hell out of ToiletFreak and he will remain in the Toilet forever
            now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

lol

Originally posted by Adrianli

lol...no seriously cos my motors stalled a few times in a pool, had to wait for jacuzzi to bring it close...PP got no jacuzzi wat...
              Hangar:
              IJN Yamato (RC, EP)
              1/350 Tamiya,
              converted from static

DKM Bismarck (Static)
              USS Missouri (Static)
              --------------------
              Shipyard:
              USS New Jersey (RC, EP)
              -------------------
              -------------------

Comment

Originally posted by toiletfreak
                lol...no seriously cos my motors stalled a few times in a pool, had to wait for jacuzzi to bring it close...PP got no jacuzzi wat...
                Juz pick up fishing n be proficient in casting the line accurately.

Comment

I think you heard the story wrong ! .....The bro you're refering to is Zennith ! ....aka: the Moo Moo man !

At Bishun Pond, he "sankok" the submerged sub on his third cast of the fishing rod ! .....talk about auto self homing fishing lead weighs !

....unfortunately, ....all the crew in the sub died after being submerged for 3 days without fresh undies and air !
                  Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                    I think you heard the story wrong ! .....The bro you're refering to is Zennith ! ....aka: the Moo Moo man !

At Bishun Pond, he "sankok" the submerged sub on his third cast of the fishing rod ! .....talk about auto self homing fishing lead weighs !

....unfortunately, ....all the crew in the sub died after being submerged for 3 days without fresh undies and air !
                    And the name of the sub was called Kurst
                    now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

I had that experience when played my cruiser at Singapore river one early morning. "Sway" enough that my boat got entangled with some plastic strips. Stranded in the middle of the river that leaves me no choice but to swim to rescue my expensive boat. Friends were watching in awe and relieved to see a successful rescue work.

Comment

But I do hope that you have some life buoy or something to fall back on in case something happen.

I remember a case in Malaysia couple of years back which a man tried to swim to retrieve his boat. He never came back.
                        Be safe....

Originally posted by jerrylim1 View Post
                        I had that experience when played my cruiser at Singapore river one early morning. "Sway" enough that my boat got entangled with some plastic strips. Stranded in the middle of the river that leaves me no choice but to swim to rescue my expensive boat. Friends were watching in awe and relieved to see a successful rescue work.

Comment

Hantu hantu in the water!!!!
                          I love PAP

Comment

Funny I made it to Seletar and ended up fishing with my daughter and the day we went recently there were loads of weeds at the fishing area. I was thinking that my FT007 would definitely get stuck there so I was thinking rescue boat... would a swamp dawg or an NQD jet boat be better as a rescue boat for a stuck FT007 in places with weeds since they don't have props?

Comment

Originally posted by nese View Post
                              Funny I made it to Seletar and ended up fishing with my daughter and the day we went recently there were loads of weeds at the fishing area. I was thinking that my FT007 would definitely get stuck there so I was thinking rescue boat... would a swamp dawg or an NQD jet boat be better as a rescue boat for a stuck FT007 in places with weeds since they don't have props?
                              The Swamp Dawg would be better. My boat was rescued by one last Sat by a fellow boater.

The weeds are damn jialat. Cannot full throttle and have to run short distance only.

Comment

Working...
                              X