Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by preferscale View Post
    Yes, I can consider the 212A kit (plus WTC) notwithstanding the very slight inaccuracy mentioned earlier, if the price is right. RCE will probably sell at a very reasonable price if their Perkasa boat price is any indication. But the kit will not be cheap. I check the Arkmodel website and the 212A plus WTC is about US$600 before postage. The Song Class is probably slightly cheaper.

Actually, I already have my hands full, with the Thunder Tiger SB1 still not assembled, the Song class still NIB, and yes, the Kilo will be coming in from rpmtech in the near future. I actually bought it early last year but Rick was so bogged down by other projects that he put my Kilo on hold - something I don't mind because I don't have the time to build it yet. Furthermore, he is throwing in a lot of good stuff as a goodwill gesture. If I buy the 212A, it will have to join the building Q. I am planning to finish the SB1 first as a "training sub" before tackling the the Song. The Kilo is a real beauty and I will probably assemble it only when I am very confident and familiar with RC sub operations. I have seen the Arkmodel 212 beautifully built in one of the RCgroups thread.

By the way, there are also other additional cost in RC submarines that you should be aware of. Besides the usual electronic parts such as ESC, most RC subs are also fitted with 2 other devices for fail safe and an auto-levelling. These 2 components can add another $200-$300.

I will wait for RCE Chong to provide a quote first for the 212A. Cheers.
    Bro , the Kilo is already RTR ? How much you get it ?

Comment

I bought my Song kit directly from Arkmodel and the shipping charge is about $80. I has been about 1.5 years or more since I bought it and cannot recall the price. You can check it out on the Arkmodel website.

My Kilo is not a RTR although Rick from rpmtech can build you a fully RTR upon request. But it will be very expensive as the kit is already almost US$1K, not including the auto-levelling and fail safe devices. The Kilo is real quality stuff as its hull is full fibreglass and all the plating lines are beautifully represented. Rick's worksmanship is of high standard and his WTC is simple and efficient in design. I was hoping that he will release his WTC for the Revell kits but he eventually didn't do it because being a one-man company, it was too much for him to handle.

I don't know about you, but part of the fun in this hobby for me is in the building. Only problem for me now is finding the time as my family and work commitments don't leave much much for building my kits.

I am in no hurry to buy the 212A if you decided to go the RTR option from Rotor or even directly from Arkmodel. So don't worry about my end. But if you ever decided to buy a kit from RCE, I can seriously consider to help you make up the number for Chong to bring in.

Have a good weekend.

Comment

Comparison of Arkmodel 212A and Real Sub

By the way, I thought I also showed you what I meant on the minor hull inaccuracy of the Arkmodel 212A. In the 3 photos attached, one is from the finished model as downloaded from the company website. The other 2 photos show the real 212A. In the real sub, the side of the sail "flow" straight and directly into the hull side. In the model, you can see a slight "break" where the sail base merges with the hull.

Nonetheless, the Arkmodel kit is still a good one. There is also at least one other RC 212A on the market but the cost will probably be higher. Cheers.

Comment

I bought my Song kit directly from Arkmodel and the shipping charge is about $80. I has been about 1.5 years or more since I bought it and cannot recall the price. You can check it out on the Arkmodel website.

My Kilo is not a RTR although Rick from rpmtech can build you a fully RTR upon request. But it will be very expensive as the kit is already almost US$1K, not including the auto-levelling and fail safe devices. The Kilo is real quality stuff as its hull is full fibreglass and all the plating lines are beautifully represented. Rick's worksmanship is of high standard and his WTC is simple and efficient in design. I was hoping that he will release his WTC for the Revell kits but he eventually didn't do it because being a one-man company, it was too much for him to handle.

I don't know about you, but part of the fun in this hobby for me is in the building. Only problem for me now is finding the time as my family and work commitments don't leave much much for building my kits.

I am in no hurry to buy the 212A if you decided to go the RTR option from Rotor or even directly from Arkmodel. So don't worry about my end. But if you ever decided to buy a kit from RCE, I can seriously consider to help you make up the number for Chong to bring in.

Have a good weekend.
          I still never make final decision to get kit or RTR, is depend on the price , one thing I only worry is my skill for first time build up sub, bcos rotor shop the guy told me ARKMODEL is very hard to building, so make me lost direction !

Comment

Originally posted by RAPTOR2001SG View Post
            I still never make final decision to get kit or RTR, is depend on the price , one thing I only worry is my skill for first time build up sub, bcos rotor shop the guy told me ARKMODEL is very hard to building, so make me lost direction !
            You many problem,give helichoo build for you?
            没办法了,须改变自己,来试应环境。

Comment

I wonder where you guys play the sub..
              I love PAP

Comment

Originally posted by hallobaby View Post
                i Wonder Where You Guys Play The Sub..
                Bedok Reservoir

Comment

Originally posted by Heli Lim View Post
                  You many problem,give helichoo build for you?
                  No need la, Uncle Lim ! , as you buiding your SB-1 now, after finish then you can make for me , better you nothing to do ma

Comment

HEY,raptor 2001sg,just done my SUB

没办法了,须改变自己,来试应环境。

Comment

By the way, I thought I also showed you what I meant on the minor hull inaccuracy of the Arkmodel 212A. In the 3 photos attached, one is from the finished model as downloaded from the company website. The other 2 photos show the real 212A. In the real sub, the side of the sail "flow" straight and directly into the hull side. In the model, you can see a slight "break" where the sail base merges with the hull.

Nonetheless, the Arkmodel kit is still a good one. There is also at least one other RC 212A on the market but the cost will probably be higher. Cheers.
                      Hello to all,

I have been following this thread very closely and one of my favorite attack sub is the Type 212A. I'm looking forward to see the Arkmodel 212A up close, if any of you managed to set your paws on one, please post more pictures of the 212A.

Imho, the extremely heavy hull details and panels line "may" have given the impression that there is a "break" where the sail base merges with the hull... Perhaps by filling up the panels lines and re-scribing may have help to improve the 212A scale appearance... I have upload 2 pictures of Arkmodel 212 and a Revell 212A scale model from the internet. In this angle, the "break" seems to be highlighted by the heavy panel details. I may be wrong though

Kind Regards

joseph

Comment

Originally posted by Heli Lim View Post
                        HEY,raptor 2001sg,just done my SUB
                        Uncle Lim , so I am very sure you feel nothing to do , I will give you a chance to build my submarine when reach ! ok !

Comment

Why not try this, albeit smaller at 1/96 scale
                          make it simple, make it strong, make it work!

Comment

Here is the Kilo Sub Driver. As you can see some assembly is required. It's a half inch shorter and has a smaller ballast section compared the Seawolf SD.

Mtronik Viper 10 micro ESC
                            make it simple, make it strong, make it work!

Comment

Originally posted by redboat219 View Post
                              Why not try this, albeit smaller at 1/96 scale
                              http://www.caswellplating.com/models/212.html
                              The price is cheaper a little bit as ARKMODEL U212A , how is the quality ?

Comment

Hi, I am not sure Caswell's price is lower than Arkmodel's. Be sure you add the WTC for a fair comparison as you could be seeing the cost of the hull kit only. In RC subs, it is quite common to price the various sub kits separately.

While I have not purchase anything from Caswell yet, I can see their offerings are quality stuff. I had previously considered their WTCs for my Revell 1/72 scale U-boat and Gato class. But eventually I didn't proceed because they are using the gas-ballast system which require cans of propellant like those use for air-brushing. It is expensive and sometimes difficult to find a supply. There are at least 3-4 different ballast systems for static diving subs. Search the Internet for more information. Understand them before taking the plunge.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
                                X