Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racing Program for Punggol Pond 10 June 2007

The HCC R/C Powerboat Club is in the process of planning and organising the next racing event to be held at Punggol Park Pond on Sunday 10 June 2007.

Having learned from the experience of the previous 29 April event, the 10 June event promises to be bigger and better As before, the objectives are for the racers to have fun, ensure a safe and enjoyable afternoon for spectators, and to raise the public profile of the hobby. Participation will again be open to all

The racing program for 10 June will include EP, nitro and gasoline boats divided into the following classes:

(A)
    Gasoline Hydroplane, Catamaran or Tunnel Hull

(B)
    Gasoline Monohull

(C)
    Gasoline Unlimited
    (no restriction on hull type)

(D)
    Nitro 21
    (any hull powered by .21 (or smaller) engine - inboard or outboard)

(E)
    Nitro Unlimited
    (any hull powered by a nitro engine with no limit on configuration or engine capacity)

(F)
    EP max 6 Cell Sub-C or 2S Lipo
    (no restriction on motor or hull type)

(G)
    EP max 12 Cell Sub-C or 4S Lipo
    (no restriction on motor or hull type)

(H)
    EP Unlimited
    (no restriction on number or cells, motor or hull type)

Further details of the event will be posted in the next few days.

In the meantime, start building and fine tuning those machines for a fun-filled day of racing.

Thanks again to all who had joined us in April... we look forward to seeing you again in June
    If in doubt - add more horsepower!

Racing Program

The boat club is very pleased to attach the racing program and participation requirements for 10 June 2007

Please feel free to print-off hard copies for your own reference. Printed copies can also be picked-up from Jet Hobby from this Friday 11 May.

The club is in the process of arranging sponsorship for trophies and prizes. Further information will be provided once these arrangements have been finalised. For parties who have generously indicated their wish to sponsor the event, you will be contacted shortly so arrangments can be put into place.

The club is not looking for monetary sponsorship for this event. Instead, sponsorship in the form of trophies, prizes, cool drinks (for racers and spectators), etc are most welcome

Thank you all and look forward to seeing you on 10 June <br> <br>

Comment

Event Trophies, Prizes and Sponsors

Exactly ONE month to go before we make some waves at PP

Attached is a PDF document listing the Trophies, Prizes and Sponsors for this event

On behalf of the RC powerboat club and the wider RC community, I would like to thank Team daddyHOBBY and Jet Hobby for their generosity and support for the 10 June races

BTW, the 10 June event now has an official name... the "PP1 RC Powerboat Series".

For prospective participants in the racing program, I would ask that you download and familiarise yourself with the Participation Requirements set out in the PDF document attached to the first post in this thread

Look forward to seeing you there <br> <br>

Comment

This is getting serious, I am taking my boats out of cold storage and start excercising them...

Comment

One small little Q :

How many classes can a single participate enter? Lets say I have an EP boat, can I enter all three classes - 2S, 4S and Open???

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
            One small little Q :

How many classes can a single participate enter? Lets say I have an EP boat, can I enter all three classes - 2S, 4S and Open???
            Hi Adrian

Hope you receive your new cat hull and hardware very soon so you can start work

The answer to your Q is... there is no limit on the number of classes a boat may be entered into - so long as the boat satisfies the criteria for the particular class it is racing in at the time.

In the case of EPs, if you build a boat that can run on both 6 cells/2S and 12 cells/4S, you can enter the boat in all EP classes including the unlimited class

Further, a boat running on 3S lipos will not qualify for racing in the 6 cell/2S class, but it will qualify for racing in the 12 cell/4S and unlimited classes.

Hope this is helpful

Comment

Originally posted by X34
              This is getting serious, I am taking my boats out of cold storage and start excercising them...
              Sounds good

If you're running EPs, you may have to upgrade the motor and battery technologies to keep up with the BL/lipo boys... things have come a long way since my stock Kyosho Bluestreak days

Luckily, technologies have not moved as fast in the gas and nitro world

Comment

Thks for the info.

My Cat hull juz arrived at my office 5mins ago!!! Have not opened package, will reach home then open it up.

Hardware still awaiting OSE to ship. So now its a nice sampan.

Anyway, tis Cat will not be running for the coming competition. No more $$$ to buy batts. Need to save save till after next mth. Will be taking my own sweet time.

However will consider my JH Yamaha on BL n 2S for the coming competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Doraemon
                  Sounds good

If you're running EPs, you may have to upgrade the motor and battery technologies to keep up with the BL/lipo boys... things have come a long way since my stock Kyosho Bluestreak days

Luckily, technologies have not moved as fast in the gas and nitro world

I think we should ban X34 from the race.

He uses Lipos in stacks number double digits. Hi BL look like they can fit and power my washing machine.

Ching Chong

Comment

Thks for the info.

My Cat hull juz arrived at my office 5mins ago!!! Have not opened package, will reach home then open it up.
                    Good Luck on your Cat.

Comment

Originally posted by PCC

He uses Lipos in stacks number double digits. Hi BL look like they can fit and power my washing machine.

Ching Chong
                      Ching Chong

Comment

Thks for the info.

Hardware still awaiting OSE to ship. So now its a nice sampan.

Anyway, tis Cat will not be running for the coming competition. No more $$$ to buy batts. Need to save save till after next mth. Will be taking my own sweet time.

However will consider my JH Yamaha on BL n 2S for the coming competition.
                        Wow... the shipping was FAST

The JH Yamaha is very good on 6 cells or 2S... just need to "dial-in" its full throttle turning stability and you'll be cookin

Comment

Originally posted by PCC

He uses Lipos in stacks number double digits. Hi BL look like they can

fit and power my washing machine.

Ching Chong

Comment

Originally posted by X34
                            Ching Chong
                            Hope X34 was not the one who purchased the 6S2P 4400mAH lipo "club sandwich" pack

Comment

Originally posted by Doraemon
                              Hope X34 was not the one who purchased the 6S2P 4400mAH lipo "club sandwich" pack
                              err... X34, the blue pit cat. Was that on 16 or 18cell? The one that scorched PP....

Comment

Working...
                              X