• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stuka
    Tampines Central CC Aeromodel Flying Club

http://www.gowest-proaudio.com/tampines
    The link is down.

Comment

I also interested to know ....check out post #11. Lets wait if anyone can clarify

Mike

Comment

Hi mike,

Yup the link is down but club fliers still gather there every weekend for funflies. We are still pending on having the club back in order as the previous CC Manager have transferred his position to a new chairman. We are still waiting...

So far we have very good support from Npark and Town Council that's why you see 2 big shelters in the flying site and the guys are appreciative and constantly keep the site in safe & neat order.

Comment

Thanks for the info Derick Last week, I was there for the first time ..... it was a nice place to fly especially for ppl residing in the east part of Singapore. The 2 additonal shelter is great, so is the granite slab laid

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by stuka
            Tampines Central CC Aeromodel Flying Club

http://www.gowest-proaudio.com/tampines
            Hi..
            Can you tell me where is the flying site.. like to join in..thanks

Comment

Hi any update on the club status?
              Chuang Yee

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][SIZE="1"]Thunder Tiger G4 Nitro & G4 E720, Goblin 500, 630 & 700, Compass 7HV, JR NEX 50 FBL Nitro, Logo 550SX, Blade 130x, Shuttle Plus 2+, Hirobo SDX thats all [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

no updates yet but the flying site is still under the jurisdiction of National Park and our former club members and chairman are still in touch with the authority with regards to the house-keeping and safety of the site.

They forbid driving into the park at all times for safety reasons and park rangers regularly patrol the park especially weekends. So be extra careful to avoid unnecessary $$$ fines and warnings...

Comment

Originally posted by gowest
                  no updates yet but the flying site is still under the jurisdiction of National Park and our former club members and chairman are still in touch with the authority with regards to the house-keeping and safety of the site.

They forbid driving into the park at all times for safety reasons and park rangers regularly patrol the park especially weekends. So be extra careful to avoid unnecessary $$$ fines and warnings...

gowest.. Can you like uh.. bring up some "security" and " safety " suggestions ? I've seen a few snakes there lately. python to cobra to tree .. green snakes

Which character are you test by

Comment

Originally posted by alamin2
                    gowest.. Can you like uh.. bring up some "security" and " safety " suggestions ? I've seen a few snakes there lately. python to cobra to tree .. green snakes
                    alamin2, the snakes are not new there, I have seen several over the past few years and even chased away a cobra lying by the side of the path leading to the shelter, i think it was probably sick. There were also snakes below the shelter we use. I saw one with orange stripes and also baby snakes coming out from the gap at the base of the shelter. Just drive them away with a long stick.

Try to keep within the flying box to minimize chances of getting into the bushes.

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
                    (

Comment

last time I was also one "BIG SNAKE" taking cover under the shelter during weekdays

Comment

are the gates locked?

Last week I went there on a weekday and found that the gates were locked. At what times of the day are the gates opened and Can i gain access during weekdays in the morning? Anybody can help?
                        Go back in one piece to fly another day.
                        Having fun yet?
                        36.39mhz
                        40.77mhz

Comment

Originally posted by plug&fly
                          Last week I went there on a weekday and found that the gates were locked. At what times of the day are the gates opened and Can i gain access during weekdays in the morning? Anybody can help?
                          Hi Plug&fly,

We have noticed that too and will contact Npark to seek advice on what seems to caused them to lock out the open parking area.

Current situation to what we have observed:

1) Recently there are alot of heavy vehicles parked there including coaches and trucks which caused obstructions

2) Burnt down rubbish dump 2 weeks ago at the flying site which may need some clarification and explanation to them

We hope to be the reason for case 1... keeping our fingers crossed....

Comment

Hi Plug&fly,

We have noticed that too and will contact Npark to seek advice on what seems to caused them to lock out the open parking area.

1) Recently there are alot of heavy vehicles parked there including coaches and trucks which caused obstructions

2) Burnt down rubbish dump 2 weeks ago at the flying site which may need some clarification and explanation to them

The rubbish bin most likely got burnt down on that saturday. I was there between 8am and 1230pm, watching Johnathan flying his jet (that jet crashed), the bin was still ok during that time, but was totally destroyed when I returned on sunday morning. It must have been burnt sometime during the evening or at night when the flyers had gone back.

For Sale

(

Comment

One more point to add, we have flown there for the past 6 years and nothing of this nature has ever happened until recently when the heavy vehicles started to park there; our runway has also become shorter

For Sale

(

Comment

Hi Plug&fly,

Hi all,

Have spoken to Npark regarding the queries about the locked gate.
                                True enough it is case 1...phew!
                                So people continue to enjoy and treasure the flying site and as always watch each other's back... and maintain site safety and cleaniness.
                                Thanks to Neo for the liason.

Derrick

Comment

Working...
                                X