Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bedok Reservoir Sailplane Fun Fly-in 11 feb 07

Hi Gentlemen..

I would like the annouce a FunFly-In at Bedok Reservoir On the 11-Feb 07.
    The Glider season is in full swing now, the rain has cleared and the wind is pumping.

The objective of the event is to provide opportunity for pilots to meet and share stories and experience, also to inspire would-be new glider pilots. It will also provide a chance for proud owners to display their functional works of art.

This is an unofficial get together. The only competetion in this event is pilot choice award. The award (sponsored by LHS) is in the form of Gold Plated Pewter medal. It will be awarded to the pilot whose plane has been voted to be the most popular and attractive by other pilots, be it sitting on the ground, flying or both.

Event schedule.

1300 registration(free)
    1315 safety brief and distribution of Pilot Choice Award forms
    1330 flying...
    1600 voting of award receipient
    1630 award presentation by the most Senior Flyer
    1700 -last light...flying

Beverage and frequency board are provided. Pls bring family and friends.

Pls register on line on this thread if possible, just so we know how much drinks to bring and how many forms to print. Registration on site during the event is also possible.

Cheers.
    Kevin (vortices)

Registration list:

1) Kevin (vortices)

Comment

Why the hell did my manta have to crash!?
      Man, what luck.

Thanx!
      SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

time to do up the ASK-21...or instant gratification..discus or dg1000...
        I am truely sorry to hear about your manta...however, the old always needs to make way for the new.!

Comment

DG800 GFK time!

Thanx!
          SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

I have received a few concerns over the business of having an event in Bedok Reservoir. We have considered this point. As such the day would just be a normal sunday without banners or flyers. It would just be a normal sunday with many planes. It would not be an official event. The pilot choice award would just be carried out amount those who show up without much fan fair.

I propose dropping the online registration due to potential negative implications. We will just do it ad-hoc for those who show up that day.

I was also told, today was a fantastic day. Too bad I had to prepare for a check tomorrow otherwise would have been there. Thanks for all the phonecalls about the wind. As much as they were appreciated, it was a big distraction for me to focus.
            hope next sunday the wx is as good.

cheers:
            kevin

Comment

I don't see a problem at all. It's essentially a normal Sunday flying only. I remember many years back when I started RC flying, the veteran did organized some fun-fly events like this. It's just like a normal picnic gathering and flying which got me to know a lot of modellors, who I never met before. This will be a good time for modellors to have fun and interact with each other.

Good effort, Kevin.

Comment

I've just checked my work schedule and found out that 11 Feb will be my working day. Looks like you guys have to enjoy the fun without me.

Comment

Oh no... no frequency on sunday sigh mabe ill be there..
                  TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
                  Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
                  Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
                  Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

Thank you to all and congratulation to Pang for winning the pilots' choice awards. The turn out were very good however the wind was only ok.Good enough to lift all DGs, ASKs and Discus...biggest being 4M Ask!!!

Here are some pictures...there few others taking pictures, much appreciated if we can see it too.

Pang you win by the skin of your teeth, Francis DG came very very close second. Congratulation too...

Here are the pictures...

Comment

Some pictures taken on the ground. Some of these planes looks dynamic even just sitting on the ground. Looking very pretty and nice.

Comment

Some more...

Comment

now... the very gracious and sexy flying Pics....the scale gliders look a million dollars in the air!

Comment

some more pictures...thanks again. Congratulations to Pang and hope everybody had fun.

cheers, Kevin

Comment

hey kevin no pictures on the combat?

Comment

Working...
                              X