Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Er,heres another DIY edf plane that i built,initially was running on 5x prop.

now its on 6bladed edf! (thanks babylon5 for telling me where to get it)

This plane is amazingly stable...,so i put it to extensive testing such as aerial photography, dropping toy parachutes high up and ... launching mini missles while flying.

The uglyness of the plane due to me flying this plane almost everyday.

btw, i need to lauch pretty hard compared to lauching prop to get this airborne.

Next its to fix the EDF in my mirage2000 and fly which has been rotting in my house for quite sometime. There is no way to handlaunch my mirage..., i already use my full strength to launch this plane..,mirage i would need a bungee.

Build it
    Fly it
    Crash it
    Fix it

Comment

Canards! Where did you get the plans from? Amazing.

Uh, nice touch on the drink can though.
      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Erm..thats not a drink can..haha, thats a F&N wrapper over a plastic bottle!

Oo, and canards are fun to experiment with.., its pretty much like flaps and in order for my plane to fly straight , the canards is fixed at 5-7degree angle. I tried 0 degree canards once, the plane smash head first on ground.

and..., didn't took from any plans, just came off my head , i started with a wing, then i wanted it to be a pusher..,so i sketched out plenty of design and picked this design to be my plane!
        Build it
        Fly it
        Crash it
        Fix it

Comment

Forgot to add this. S-3 Viking.

Comment

nice Diy plane

Hi Viper1990 & Joe, very nice plane. Great job. Keep up the good work.

Btw ,beside Depron, balsa as building material, the corrugated polymers board are also great materials for building model Rc planes.

Cheers

Comment

Oh I forgot to put mine

[IMG]P1040590[/IMG]

Mugi EVO Ducted Fan. Made from corrugated plastic board.
              "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Hi Sunstorm, very nice Mugi EDF. Great Job!

My Mugi EDF is under construction.
                Almost ready and hope to complete by this weekend.
                BTW how did you mount the EDF unit to the Mugi?

Cheers

Comment

Use cable tie, B5. I buy the very long cable tie and I use double sided tape to fasten.

Stock mugi is easy to do.

There can be many types of ducted fan mugi, that's the beauty of this design!

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5
                    Hi Viper1990 & Joe, very nice plane. Great job. Keep up the good work.

Btw ,beside Depron, balsa as building material, the corrugated polymers board are also great materials for building model Rc planes.

Cheers
                    Not for me. I had used them on my combat slope gliders but they had self disintegrate over the years. I still have balsa and composite planes that last more than a decade and still flying well.

Also, I don't like the looks and they are very heavy for thier strength and rigidity. Nothing really wrong with them. It is just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5
                      Hi Sunstorm, very nice Mugi EDF. Great Job!

My Mugi EDF is under construction.
                      Almost ready and hope to complete by this weekend.
                      BTW how did you mount the EDF unit to the Mugi?

Cheers
                      Please post pictures! I want to send the link to the creators of the Mugi. They should be quite happy to see that it works on DF too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm
                        Please post pictures! I want to send the link to the creators of the Mugi. They should be quite happy to see that it works on DF too.

That English guy knew, he saw my version many years back.
                        Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Mugi EDF version

Hi, Edmond/Sunstorm How is the flying characteristics with the EDF Mugi? Do you encounter the plane climbing up during full power up? My EDF exhaust end is slight pointing downwards (down thrust).

The pusher version Mugi also climb up and will not fly level at all up power with the prop slightly down thrust when view from the rear.

Will post some pic when they are ready.

Cheers

Comment

Yes, I experience it flying up when I power up. Not sure of the reason, but the guys on rcmugi yahoo groups tell me it is because of the position of the thrust and maybe the C.G. Not sure of reason also....

Anyway I originally tried throttle to elevator mixing at first, (like full throttle down 5-10%) but later deactivated it when it got a tad confusing. Now I just fly manual.

Now with tweaking, mine can do some weak inside and outside loops and diagonals (not vertical, it cannot make it....)

Ah well done B5, you have got an EDF mugi already.

Spread the EDF mugi madness!

Comment

Check CG and thrust angle.

What is your Elevon positions? I had mine at neutral and adjusted the CG till I can fly upright and upside down with neutral elevator postion, no trim required. It will be quite hairy to fly, so use expo and D/R to your advantage. Less elevon deflections are needed to fly and your speed performance will be better less drag.

If you are nose heavy, just fly upside down and see how much elevator you need to push to fly level, If a lot, then chances are you are too nose heavy and needs much up deflection to fly level and this impacts speed performance negatively.

If you are tail heavy, you can see it manifesting with the tendency to flare even in gliding without power. Again, just fly inverted and see what input you need to keep the plane up. If you need to pull the plane down(up elevator) to fly level, you are too tail heavy.

As for thrust angle, just set neutral as best as you can. It will vary throughout the flight as coro is soft and flexes with your throttle input, what kind of mount you guys using?

Cable tie is not quite going to cut it if you are looking to resolve thrust angle issue.
                              Last edited by edmond22; 21-01-2008, 06:06 PM.
                              Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Mine is slightly up elevon.

It goes upward when throttling up. When cut power, it sinks. (nose down)

Let's say I bring it up high, then I point it 45 degree downwards and cut power. It glides down, but over a distance, it would 'auto correct' itself and start to level out over a big distance....(say like about 50 metres in vertical distance or more?)

I would be grateful for any advice rendered, oh great sensei of rc airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X