Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babylon5
    For depron please chose the one that does not have a hard paper adhesive over the Depron meterial, if you get the wrong type you will regret it later on.

Get depron that the cover can be easily peel off or no protective cover at all. Thickness is 3,5& 6mm .
    Also available are foam friendly glue , paints and polyurethane for the deprom materials.

All the best.
    How does it looks like?the one with cover that can be peeled off easily.
    wads the difference between those with hard paper and easily peeled off one? thanks
    Plane 1:
    FreeWing F-15
    Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
    GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
    Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

Originally posted by JieZ
      wads the difference between those with hard paper and easily peeled off one? thanks
      Heh jie, depron is the same material as your SS tail. You can get it at Bras Basah a whole piece for less than 2bucks. Mustafa also got sell but 6times more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by hoppie
        Heh jie, depron is the same material as your SS tail. You can get it at Bras Basah a whole piece for less than 2bucks. Mustafa also got sell but 6times more expensive.
        Oic.bras basah sounds far.haha
        Plane 1:
        FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

You can see that the hard paper is very white and totally opaque . I think it is more expensive too. If you get this type , it is difficult to remove the paper covering and you have to soak it in water for a few hours. After that it is time consuming to remove that paper covering and some will still stick to the depron.

The other type of covering is a polyester or mylar type of protective covering and can be easily peel off with your finger and expose the depron. The mylar or polyester covering is slightly translucence.

Depron are brittle and weak so you need to covered it with broad type clear packaging tape to strenthened them. You be surprise how much strength is added to the depron after you stragetically covered the depron with packaging tape without increasing too much weight to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5
            You can see that the hard paper is very white and totally opaque . I think it is more expensive too. If you get this type , it is difficult to remove the paper covering and you have to soak it in water for a few hours. After that it is time consuming to remove that paper covering and some will still stick to the depron.

The other type of covering is a polyester or mylar type of protective covering and can be easily peel off with your finger and expose the depron. The mylar or polyester covering is slightly translucence.

Depron are brittle and weak so you need to covered it with broad type clear packaging tape to strenthened them. You be surprise how much strength is added to the depron after you stragetically covered the depron with packaging tape without increasing too much weight to it.

ok.Thanks!
            Plane 1:
            FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Oic.bras basah sounds far.haha
              takashimaya also has one outlet, in fact, that outlet is bigger than the bras basah one

Comment

Originally posted by chinbqs
                takashimaya also has one outlet, in fact, that outlet is bigger than the bras basah one
                haha.nearer for me.i stay north side.haha
                Plane 1:
                FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Decepticon DIY EDF plane videos

Hi, finally I sucessfully maiden this plane today after a few attempts.
                  The weather was great and the plane flew quite well.
                  It is quite stable once it is in the air.However, the hand launch was quire tense and scary.

Enjoy the video clip

Cheers

Comment

Well done B5. Seems quite good flying.

Wonder why the first launch was a crash?

Anyway today's weather was horrible, the winds were so gusty and strong that another funjet maidening today at PFW crashed.
                    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm
                      Well done B5. Seems quite good flying.

Wonder why the first launch was a crash?

Anyway today's weather was horrible, the winds were so gusty and strong that another funjet maidening today at PFW crashed.
                      Hi Sunstorm

The first launch was a crash because I did not know how this plane behave.
                      Secondly,the hand launch is tricky because the effective elevon area is quite small.

In my next design , I will increase the elevon area and maybe the vertical fin area as well. Hopefully this will make hand launching easier.

Cheers

Comment

Can i post my Pusher Prop here?Its a work in progress.
                        Here is my F22 Raptor.

Plane 1:
                        FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Hi JieZ, nice plane. Hope she will maiden sucessfully.

Pose us some video during the maiden.

Cheers

Comment

the 1st pic,the nose is slanted will it affect the flying performance?worksmanship not good,still need some advises
                            Plane 1:
                            FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Hello Jiez maybe you can straighten and strengthen the joint between the nose and the body with wood stick. If I were you I use disposable chopstick.

And yes, if your nose is slanted it would affect the performance, your plane would keep yawing slightly left or right. Can trim a bit to minimize it but before flight make sure everything is ok!

Overall very nice plane, best profile F22 I've seen.
                              "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm
                                Hello Jiez maybe you can straighten and strengthen the joint between the nose and the body with wood stick. If I were you I use disposable chopstick.

And yes, if your nose is slanted it would affect the performance, your plane would keep yawing slightly left or right. Can trim a bit to minimize it but before flight make sure everything is ok!

Overall very nice plane, best profile F22 I've seen.
                                Thanks bro.later is nice to see not nice to fly.then bai swee at home liao.haha.
                                i pasted the picture liao now need remove,haha
                                Plane 1:
                                FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Working...
                                X