Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe... to be honest, I would rather see how you do it & make one myself than to ask u to build one for me. This will benefit me in long run... coz I suckz at building planes. Of coz if it is ok for me to see how u do it...
    Thankz for the postings though...
    Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
    Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
    Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
    Things to Sell:
    - T-rex 450XL NIB
    - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

That's the spirit. If only there's enough modellors like you who would like to build thier own planes, I'd have setup a website for free downloading of plans. Most people would rather offer to buy my planes, but so far I've been giving them away to my closer friends instead.

Scratchbuilding will open the doors to endless possibilities, and only limited by your current skills and knowledge, which can be enhanced progressively.

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap
        That's the spirit. If only there's enough modellors like you who would like to build thier own planes, I'd have setup a website for free downloading of plans. Most people would rather offer to buy my planes, but so far I've been giving them away to my closer friends instead.

Scratchbuilding will open the doors to endless possibilities, and only limited by your current skills and knowledge, which can be enhanced progressively.
        good say my friend .....good say

flying your own work is 100% more enjoyable than any other high end rtf stuff

enjoy the process to success

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap
          IAnyway, I just came back in the evening after a recce trip at Sedili. Winds there are strong but coming from the left at about 45 degrees of the slope. The resort is fully operational and nicely furnished, and now is fully acessible by driving, as the new bridge over the river is now operational as well.
          Thatz good news!!!

Comment

Okay, since some of you wants to know some of the details about building the Bug, I'll post the pictures of the last wing panel's construction in detail.

Firstly, the bottom wing sheet, TE and wingtip have to be prepared. I sanded slots on the front face of the TE to receive the ribs, and likewise he ribs have a small extension in order to fit into the slots. The bottom sheet is cut from 1/32" balsa with the grain running spanwise. This means that you have to join a few pieces of 1/32" balsa sheet to get the right length. The wingtip is simply cut from 1/8" balsa with lightening holes cut with sharpened metal tubes.

All these items are pinned firmly onto the plan.

Comment

Next, all the ribs are cut from 1/16" balsa except the root rib, which is cut from 1/8" balsa. To assist rigging of wing dihedral, the bottom of the root rib is sanded to an angle. The holes for carbon spar are cut with a sharpened 1/8" brass tube.

Comment

The wing has 10 degrees of dihedral each and the root rib has to be set at 80 degrees with the bottom sheet. Place the template flat on the bottom sheet and lean the rib against the template as you pin it down on the plan.

Comment

The rest of the ribs are pinned down direct over the plan perpendicularly, with the aid of a rib jig.

Comment

With all the ribs in place, check for all alignments. Do not glue anything down yet.

Comment

Insert the carbon spar through the holes in the ribs. You may need to shift the ribs to get the holes aligned. Once happy, tack the ribs down to the TE and spar.
                      Next glue the LE to the firat 2 ribs only with CA.

Comment

Gently bend the LE and tack it down to the ribs progressively from root to tip. Some pins here will be useful. The top wing sheeting is then added.

Comment

I made a template for the wingtip for trimming the wingtip.

Comment

The wingtips are sanded to shape.

Comment

Now it's time to join the wings together. Tape the 2 halves together at the bottom with tapes and double check the alignments. The incidence must be the same.

Comment

Mix some epoxy and spread onto the wing root area, pin one wing down flat on the board and raise the other so that the wingtip measures 5 1/8" from the board. I measured and cut a piece of scrap balsa to the length and use it to check the height while shimming the wing up for the dihedral.

Comment

Working...
                                X