Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey dave, im not sure if joe has installed a carbon peg at one end. So would have to see once i get mine. No rush of course.

The Xp5 is a beautiful plane. Not cheap, but very nice.

Thanx!
    SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Nope. I'm building them stock. They are not meant for DLG. Those Discus launching you guys see in the videos are done with modified Bug. If you do a search in the RCGroups, people has broke thier wings by doing so with stock Bugs.
      Last edited by joe yap; 29-12-2006, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Anyway, here comes the wing construction proper.

To start off, the TEs are cut to size from stock 1" wide to 1/2" wide, and rib slots are sanded. The TEs are pinned flat on the plan, together with the 1/8" wingtips and 1/32" wing-centre bottom sheeting. The wingtips LE has 1/32" scrap balsa to shim up to the correct incidence.

Comment

The ribs are pinned perpendicularly onto the plan. The 1/8" root rib is pinned onto the bottom wing sheeting at 10 degrees offset to accomodate for the wing dihedral.

Comment

The 1/8" carbon tube spars are inserted into the ribs and glued in place with CA.

Comment

Next, the LEs are glued down in place. I started off glueing down the LEs to the firat 2 ribs with CA. Once set, I bent the LE to form the coorect curvature and held it in place with pins, until all the joints are properly glued down.

Comment

Next, the 1/32" top sheetings are glued in place, trimmed and sanded.

Comment

In the heat of mass production, I've used up whaeer energy I have today after my night shift to build 3 sets of wing panels. I'll leave the wing joinings for tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for the update

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap
                      In the heat of mass production, I've used up whaeer energy I have today after my night shift to build 3 sets of wing panels. I'll leave the wing joinings for tomorrow.
                      How is the dihedral formed? Did u "tilt" the inner most ribs prior to the sheeting?

Comment

Originally posted by gEcky
                        How is the dihedral formed? Did u "tilt" the inner most ribs prior to the sheeting?
                        Yes. The root rib is set at 10 degrees to produce the dihedral.

Comment

So Joe....which one is mine?? the fifth or sixth plane??

Comment

Originally posted by Curare
                            So Joe....which one is mine?? the fifth or sixth plane??
                            Next season......Don't forget, I still got Jarts to build.
                            Last edited by joe yap; 20-12-2006, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Where you find the time to build I wonder You are churning out planes like a factory

Comment

I also dunno. Sometimes, when inspiration comes, I build like a charging bull. When I run out of gas, I read magazines.

Anyway, I just came back in the evening after a recce trip at Sedili. Winds there are strong but coming from the left at about 45 degrees of the slope. The resort is fully operational and nicely furnished, and now is fully acessible by driving, as the new bridge over the river is now operational as well.

I reached home in the evening and started to work on the Bugs again. I managed to epoxy the wings together and built another 2 fuselage pods. Nose cones on alll 5 fuselage pods are installed and sanded to shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X