Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually read through all the threads to find out what the issue was.
    And Joe, I will second your actions and efforts to reconcilate the situation.

What got me fuming while reading the thread was the racist remarks made by one guy. Lucky for him you were patience with him. If it was me, his PC will not get a second chance to go online.

Anyway, One up for you for building this giant Bug!

Comment

Yo Joe u'll sure have lotsa support from members here...
      However, I WANNA SEE U MAIDEN THAT THING. With the wing area so big.. I think it shouldnt be a problem if the wind no strong. Do announce your maiden date ok?

Size DOES MATTERS...
      Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
      Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
      Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
      Things to Sell:
      - T-rex 450XL NIB
      - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

My Bug wing has a hole in it, so look what i found!

I call this variant the "Swug" (Swing+bug)
        Yeap, thats a wing from the swing, alot more wing area and span, but quite abit heavier.
        Will see how it goes.

Thanx!

SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Wei Yao the Bug Killer.

But anyways nice recovery with the wing. Let's see it fly next week weather permitting.

Cheers
          RandomTask
          Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
          ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
          Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

I'm building a bug now - hopefully can have some fun with it.

Looking at this thread for reference.

However, like I PM'ed Joe, I realize that his answer can help others as well, so I'm putting my question here.

I was happy like bird getting ready to cut out templates for the bug, humming little buggy songs and daydreaming how to decorate it until it looks bugly until I got problem...

How do bug builders cut out the sides of the fuselage from balsa? Factoring in the curve of the fuse.

See picture to understand;

"Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Simple. If you build from kits, they'll probably do the same thing; just cut the fuselage side panels according to the side elevation of the drawing. Don't bother factor the curvature seen on the plan view. As such, the actual length of the fuselage pod will be slightly shorter but this is acceptable. Unless the designer provides the actual pattern which factored in the curvature, agaration is the word.

Comment

Ok thanks Joe.

First balsa build, quite anxious, you know?
                "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm
                  Ok thanks Joe.

Good Sunstorm, we have another Bug builder. Believe me, this Bug flies well

My "modified" Bug is flying fine now. Thanks Joe for his advice when I met him in PFW.

Photo shown before finishing.

Comment

Ok thanks Joe.

I know, I was exactly like that too when I started this hobby. No worries and enjoy your build! I learnt most of these stuff from books.

BTW, I can see that you are really interested in getting an HLG. I'll keep a constant lookout for you. Some years back, 1.5metre HLGs had flooded the market until they are superseded by the more current DLGs. Most ARFs in these catergories cost a bomb and not everyone is willing to pay for such prices they fetch. Although their qualities are top-notch, sometime we just need something adequete for our use which need to be that extreme.

If you build kits, the choices are further extended and some manufacturers still produce them. Crysalis is a good example. Take a good look at this.
                    Shop now for Quality Radio Controlled Balsa Sailplane, Handlaunch Glider and Electric Kits. Buy Small Business and get the personal attention you deserve. In business since 1993 with new products coming soon!

Comment

Thanks Joe; just learning how to build first.

And yes, I'm a man on a budget, so I prefer to build rather than do an ARF.

I've been looking at free plans, and so far I've found the Guppy and the Terminator (from charlesriverrc)

Eventually I will design my own...eventually.

Thanks for the link. Will update bug updates.

Comment

Originally posted by renold
                        Good Sunstorm, we have another Bug builder. Believe me, this Bug flies well

My "modified" Bug is flying fine now. Thanks Joe for his advice when I met him in PFW.

Photo shown before finishing.
                        Oh that's cute. What are the settings and hardware?

Daydreaming of putting in a motor too, but for now, I'm daydreaming of a rubber band bug launcher.

Comment

Oh that's cute. What are the settings and hardware?

Daydreaming of putting in a motor too, but for now, I'm daydreaming of a rubber band bug launcher.
                          I used a small motor from SkyHobby, 1700kV on 3 cells 1000mA battery; 10A ESC. GWS 6x3 propeller. Controlled by 2 servo only. This Bug with wing span of 1000mm, length 800mm.

Comment

Thanks Joe; just learning how to build first.

And yes, I'm a man on a budget, so I prefer to build rather than do an ARF.

I've been looking at free plans, and so far I've found the Guppy and the Terminator (from charlesriverrc)

Eventually I will design my own...eventually.

Thanks for the link. Will update bug updates.
                            Well, since you prefer to build you own to save cost, we can perhaps come out with a new design to suit our own use. I have designed and built a few some years ago which did very well. I also designed some which I have not started to build yet.

I still keep one of my favourite own design, the Maestoso.

Comment

Hello Joe;

After the Bug, I might try the Apogee, or smaller DLGs....

Anyway Bug construction has started and I started on the fuselage this evening.

Most of the things were as what I interpreted from the instructions from the bug hlg yahoogroup.

The rest...is guessimates, or 'anyhow whack'.

Some of the pictures indicate me putting in some of the electronics to test the size. It looks like it's going to be a tight squeeze!

Since I am a spektrum user, I may drill two holes for the two antenna. That way, my bug would look more bug-like.

Comment

Sorry, correct picture here...

Comment

Working...
                                X