Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sloping @ Bedok Reservoir :Meeting with NPB @ BRS (Bedok Reservoir Slope)

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry guys, due to the sensitivity of this issue, certain posting had been removed and entire thread reorganised.

Comment

Well done guys...concerted effort.

Bedok reservoir flying club(BRFC) anyone?
      may be Bedok reservoir Aero club(BRAC)
      may be Bedok reservoir Aero Training Society (BRATS)
      or Bedok reservoir Extreme Aero Drags (BREAD)
      or Bedok reservoir Omni-national Eagles (BRONE)
      or Bedok reservoir Aero Slope Soarer (BRASS)
      or Bedok Reservoir United slope eagles (BRUCE)
      or last but not last Bedok Reservoir East Aero Slope Team (BREAST)

all jokes aside..well done guys.

Comment

Having said all these, for the benefit of both parties at this moment while the final decision is still under pending, please minimise flying activities there and keep the place clean. If you have to fly, do it gracefully and combat is definitly no-no at this point. We don't want any kind of complains at this point. Anyway, the winds have been only so-so recently.

Remove any model retrieval tools, lanyards after use and dispose your damaged planes properly. If the bin can't fit, bring it down elsewhere and dump it. Likewise, if you see anyone including the public doing illegal dumping in the forested area on the slope, please reflect to me as the Npark officers would also like us to do a lookout for them.

Thank you all, and may god be on our side. ( I don't have one yet.)

Comment

By the way, there are some details that we need to disseminate to the rest of the slope community.

During the presentation, I have mentioned to them that slope soaring activity will only last from November to March and usually from noon to evening time. From our past experiences, this is the best window of the day as morning winds are usually quite mild and inconsistent for our use.

Please try to stick to the timing as we don't want to cause confusions to the authorities. Modellers who fly beyond the window and season will be considered a renegade flyer, who we cannot answer for.

Comment

Great job guys.

I yet to visit the place.

Comment

well done fellow.well let make a plege here let say no power plane or flying power object on the slope.and keep the place clean.
              1)michael
              2)
              mike

Comment

well done fellow.well let make a plege here let say no power plane or flying power object on the slope.and keep the place clean.
                1)michael
                2) Dennis

Can I still fly my ehawk? I promise to remove the prop...

Comment

No need to pledge. My head is on the chopping board, waiting for your spinning prop.

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis
                    1)michael
                    2) Dennis

Can I still fly my ehawk? I promise to remove the prop...
                    So that Joe's head will not be chop off.

Comment

Wat a Day

Thanks for the great video, maybe the 2 ladies will join in the Fun fly next week. Looks so convincing and easy lor!

FaNtAstIc EffoRt
                      Heli
                      Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
                      Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
                      Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
                      Buggy
                      Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
                      Charger : Tahmazo T15
                      Balancer : TP205
                      Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis
                        So that Joe's head will not be chop off.
                        My Thermal Sailor have not be assembled yet. Looks like I will not have to mount in the stock motor after all.

MS

Comment

For the record

Hey Joe Thanks for being there. Not to forget Uncle Johnny and the others. My head was first on the chopping block, I thought. However, on the way up the slope, when I saw Joe with long pants with the other guys, bottled drinks and picnic table, phew no one can imagine how relieved I felt.
                          For those who weren't there, you would have felt the passion these guys have for the hobby as they spoke of it. All I can say is I am glad to have these guys as friends and fellow hobbyists.

Now what am i going to do with my powered easy glider......???
                          Go back in one piece to fly another day.
                          Having fun yet?
                          36.39mhz
                          40.77mhz

Comment

Remove the motor and prop/spinner, plug it up with foam and sand to shape. Ballast to get the CG. Leave your expensive motor and esc at home. Your models can occasional be hang on the trees for days before it decides to come down.

Comment

As Joe said, the easy glider does need a motor to fly. In light winds it will maintain nice docile flight without much persuasion. Whilst in medium to strong winds, add a bit of ballast and the easy glider can manouever with the best of them.
                              Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                              ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                              Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

I think you mean "doesn't".

Anyway, if the Multiplex Easy Glider can't sustain flight without power, most gliders won't do any better either.

Comment

Working...
                                X