Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC heli? RC Car? or RC planes?

hi there, i am interested to get start with RC.. which will be the cheapest for me. my budget is ard $150 to $200 to start with.. i heard rc car is the most ex from my friends.. most of my friends recommand me to play with heli then planes.. so heli or planes? any good RC heli or planes under $200?
    thanks is advance

Originally posted by StarckeR
    hi there, i am interested to get start with RC.. which will be the cheapest for me. my budget is ard $150 to $200 to start with.. i heard rc car is the most ex from my friends.. most of my friends recommand me to play with heli then planes.. so heli or planes? any good RC heli or planes under $200?
    thanks is advance
    rc cars is the most ex? hmmmm....well..i think you can look through the heli sections to decide which is more expensive....

Comment

Hi StarckeR,

Welcome to DH.

Irregardless of price, I personally find heli most challenging, interesting and highly addictive, repeat addictive!!

If you find yourself keep coming back to DH and clicking for 'New Post', chances are your are already hooked. Let me warn you... you can be stuck for a long long time.

Whatever you decide, there will be plenty of very friendly and helpful members around to guide you.

I suggest you search some old threads, read about them and then joint some funfly groups before deciding what you really want.

And uh....heli is certaily NOT CHEAP

Cheers

thanks is advance
      Heli
      Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
      Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
      Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
      Buggy
      Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
      Charger : Tahmazo T15
      Balancer : TP205
      Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

agree...heli not cheap...because the chances of a rc car crashing < a heli crashing....henceforth....more cost to fix it....

Comment

But car ppl are more crazy about blinging out their vehicles and getting the best motors/engines. That's why cars can be more expensive.(Car bling costs hell lotta money)

Comment

with $150 or $200, you can only get the RTF type of plane and heli.
            To get a plane flying with decent TX (etc optic 6), charger, battery etc etc, you need to spend abt $500 to $600. To get a heli flying u need more then $800. Rc Car should be almost the same, unless u get those from Toys R Us, they are cheaper.
            Akro 804M(GP to EP), Built by Mr Bong in 1985, a gift from Daniel Soon - KIA
            Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no1, eated by tree
            Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no2, maiden on 17 Oct 09 at Anchorvale
            Clouds Fly(EP), convert to night flyer?
            Heli
            Honey Bee Fp flight time - 110 hrs : Pass on to Invisible Angel for him to practice
            Hirobo GPH346 flight time - alot of CP 15% liao

Comment

hmm RC hobby is def. not cheap.. will see ard as suggested.. thanks

Comment

RC cars are expensive. It depends on what type of cars/trucks.

Taking a roadster, although they don't crash as frequent as helis or planes, I heard of folks complaining the parts that need replacing due to wear and tear ain't cheap either. Taking the car out to a race track 1 weekend perhaps may worn out a set of tires (costing around $70-$100) enough to deem it not usable for race. Taking the trucks/buggies.. with all the bashing, jumping... parts comes and goes easily too..... so does the $ in the pocket...

Next comes heli. Many beginners opted for cheap small helis.. only unknown to them.. the bigger the heli, the less wind/air turblence affects them. That means the bigger, the easier to learn. Trex is a good start. But adding in the electronics, it can easily comt to $1000. For Nitro helis, each crash can easily means $100 poorer. For Trex, is usually lesser, maybe in the tune of $50?

And finally for planes. Some good beginners RTF planes are cheaper. But many guys shunt them because of toyish/kiddy look (e.g. wingdragon from Jet.) Other planes like easystar, Estarter, Slow stick, may need more investing, since electronics comes seperately.

My advise for you is, go to a flying field instead. Talk to the folks flying there. And see for yourself, BEFORE even stepping into a LHS.

If you do a search for posts using "beginner" as a keyword, you can find many helpful tips in selecting your first RC vehicle, and also which shop to go, which shop to avoid as a beginner. There are shops that will just want to earn your money, instead of recommending you the correct plane/heli to start with. Watch out for those.

Last edited by nic; 07-11-2006, 11:23 AM.
                huh

Comment

i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Good info/advise and tips

SH

Comment

Wow, never knew cars also can be so expensive.

Thanks for your input, $70/- petrol can take my family around for about a week on my car.
                      Heli
                      Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
                      Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
                      Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
                      Buggy
                      Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
                      Charger : Tahmazo T15
                      Balancer : TP205
                      Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

Hi,
                        from 150$ to 200$, you option will be limited. Be it car, heli or planes. you will be looking at a basic setup.
                        you may want to get a second hand RC item to start with. That way, you start up cost is not so high. However, you must be confident with the person that you are buying from, else you will be bring home a 200$ lemon.

Car, Heli, planes. I have tried all of them.

respectable 1/10th car kit $500
                        good performance engine $400
                        respectable transimtter$300-800
                        Digital servos $120-$160 per piece
                        receiver pack $30
                        fuel ~$40
                        Tires per session $30 to $100 (depending on the type of cars)

electric car ~$200 Tamiya

For cars, you have to believe that the price is tightly tie to the performance/design of the car.
                        My personal favorite electric car is the Tamiya Evo4 MS which I feel so heart pain to let go.

50 size Heli(complete set) ~$2500

electric planes $150-$300

flight simulator $350.

take you pick..

thanks is advance

Comment

hi there, i am interested to get start with RC.. which will be the cheapest for me. my budget is ard $150 to $200 to start with..
                          How about RC Tank ? .....S$199 from Miniature Hobby at Marina South.

....Lots of fun ! ... if you can find some friend to play with ! ....Dun have to worry about crashing !
                          Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

39.90 picoo-z heli
                            i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Please guys, dont frighten our dear fren here wif the cost.

There is always a reason behind those upgrades.

Me still stuck wif plastic/stock parts for my heli.

Comment

Working...
                              X