• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saw some rc sub at Carreflour...

Comment

Originally posted by jtansoon
      saw some rc sub at Carreflour...
      Where??? I'm going to the Suntec one now again!!!

Comment

2nd floor toy section...

Comment

Check out this link :

They have realistic subs with both static and dynamic dive systems for sale.

Comment

Actually most of the 'toy' sub we see are dynamic dive machine. i.e. the model need some constant motion in order to stay submerge. I think those in the video belongs to this category. These are also easier to build & less complex.

But the real fun is to go for a static dive model. These are real fun as I have seen one before & they dive & fire torpedoes like a real sub. The down side is that these models comes with a killer price tags & much more complex to build.

I like sub myself quite a bit, but do not think there are any one here carrying them or the parts required. It is definately a much more smaller community then RC flying and at that kind of price, don't think many will afford. Also the restriction to diving these babe here.... Think will rarely sees one

Comment

Originally posted by sakuragi001
              Hahaha... In your fish tank? Coolness.... take a look at this model.

I have jus ordered tis one.

Now wait for it to arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                I have jus ordered tis one.

Now wait for it to arrive.
                Wahaha.... Cool. let it stir some action in your fish tank ah. Btw, which site did you order from? did you get from another site or from the previous link?
                T-Rex 450XL HDE -- maiden on 17th Oct 2006

-----------------------------
                HiTec Optic 6 Tx

Futaba GY240 gyro
                Hitec HS-65HB servo x 4
                Align 35A ESC
                Align 3550kV B/L motor
                Hitec 6Ch receiver

Comment

I got it from the website u posted, black colour no more stocks so I got the grey colour one.

Comment

This morning, according to Adrianli, the Static diving system for R/C uses pressurised air into the water ballast tank. Because of that, it is limited to number of dive.

It got me thinking and maybe it is possible to design a gas generated system in replace the pressurised air canister. By using electrolysis (power from R/C batteries and using water for electrolyte), the generated gass is then channel to the ballast tank instead. In this way, we can have unlimited number of dive.

Info:
                    -----------------
                    In the dynamic dive system, the submarine is carefully ballasted with weights so that with forward momentum when you tilt the aft dive planes the submarine will tilt bow down and submerge while running forward. You have to keep the sub moving forward quite quickly. As soon as forward motion is stopped the sub will surface. Otherwise you tilt the dive planes back and the sub points back to the surface. The stern/props can raise quite high; and the sub tends to dive steeply when the props submerge.

The technology is simple and therefore boats are more affordable for the basic submarine.

In the static dive system, the submarine can submerge with no forward motion, or it can submerge slowly with forward motion without tilting the dive planes unduly. The latter method is more realistic of real subs - which take more than 15 minutes to dive and must have forward momentum and lots of seaway.
                    This technology involves at least the use of a water pump and a ballast tank system that contains air that is pressurised during the dive. On release of the pressurised air into the water ballast tank, water is pushed out and the sub surfaces. This is a reliable system and the technology we use for the standard submarine.
                    ---------------

Comment

Hahaha... You still need the converted air to be pressurised so it can pump out the water from the ballast. I wonder if something like that is really created then how much it would cost to buy one.

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                      This morning, according to Adrianli, the Static diving system for R/C uses pressurised air into the water ballast tank. Because of that, it is limited to number of dive.

It got me thinking and maybe it is possible to design a gas generated system in replace the pressurised air canister. By using electrolysis (power from R/C batteries and using water for electrolyte), the generated gass is then channel to the ballast tank instead. In this way, we can have unlimited number of dive.

Info:
                      -----------------
                      In the dynamic dive system, the submarine is carefully ballasted with weights so that with forward momentum when you tilt the aft dive planes the submarine will tilt bow down and submerge while running forward. You have to keep the sub moving forward quite quickly. As soon as forward motion is stopped the sub will surface. Otherwise you tilt the dive planes back and the sub points back to the surface. The stern/props can raise quite high; and the sub tends to dive steeply when the props submerge.

The technology is simple and therefore boats are more affordable for the basic submarine.

In the static dive system, the submarine can submerge with no forward motion, or it can submerge slowly with forward motion without tilting the dive planes unduly. The latter method is more realistic of real subs - which take more than 15 minutes to dive and must have forward momentum and lots of seaway.
                      This technology involves at least the use of a water pump and a ballast tank system that contains air that is pressurised during the dive. On release of the pressurised air into the water ballast tank, water is pushed out and the sub surfaces. This is a reliable system and the technology we use for the standard submarine.
                      ---------------

HiTec Optic 6 Tx

Futaba GY240 gyro
                      Hitec HS-65HB servo x 4
                      Align 35A ESC
                      Align 3550kV B/L motor
                      Hitec 6Ch receiver

Comment

After I posted the previous one, I do thinking about how to channel the gas (hydrogen + oxygen) into the ballast. That mean more parts. Then I got idea about:
                        What if we pot the electrolysis into the ballast instead. In other word, the electrolysis is in the ballast. In that way, we can simplified the design. Another problem may arise if put electrolysis into the ballast is that the conductivity of the water is low and thus gas generated will be very very slow. To increase the speed faster, we need to use higher voltage and current. (High battery count and higher Amp ESC?)

When u energize the electrolysis, the gas generate will slowly push the water out from the ballast. One drawback will be slow.

To have faster gas generation, we need to use conductive electrolyte like Sulfuric Acid. Then that mean no choice but to separate the gas generator from the tank. Now is to find the way to channel it.

SH

Comment

Wow, tats a lot of info man... tell me when you get one workin'

Meantime i'll scout around the net to find my enterprise scale sub

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                          After I posted the previous one, I do thinking about how to channel the gas (hydrogen + oxygen) into the ballast. That mean more parts. Then I got idea about:
                          What if we pot the electrolysis into the ballast instead. In other word, the electrolysis is in the ballast. In that way, we can simplified the design. Another problem may arise if put electrolysis into the ballast is that the conductivity of the water is low and thus gas generated will be very very slow. To increase the speed faster, we need to use higher voltage and current. (High battery count and higher Amp ESC?)

When u energize the electrolysis, the gas generate will slowly push the water out from the ballast. One drawback will be slow.

To have faster gas generation, we need to use conductive electrolyte like Sulfuric Acid. Then that mean no choice but to separate the gas generator from the tank. Now is to find the way to channel it.

SH

HiTec Optic 6 Tx

Futaba GY240 gyro
                          Hitec HS-65HB servo x 4
                          Align 35A ESC
                          Align 3550kV B/L motor
                          Hitec 6Ch receiver

Comment

My little submarine is here!!!!

But when SingPost deliver it yesterday, i'm not at home.

Now wait till Sat go to SingPost and collect it.

Cant wait to play it wif my fishes!!! More like disturbing them.

Need to post FR??? Its a toy so I guess not.

Comment

Here it is.

Comment

Next lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X