Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1735 21/11/06

wind is good. straight on the slope a little from the left about 6-8 kts gusting 12. A little light for scale gliders, but powered gliders like ehawks and siren are good. Visibility is unlimited.

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap
      Yah right, went down this afternoon and the wnd is blowing all the way from the left.
      sigh.. like got a feeling of being conned.(hao xian you ge bei chi pian de gan jue) lol... checking the wind from the nea site its pretty off...

Comment

Originally posted by lu wei yao
        Hey kenny!
        long time no see man, the DG1k is not bad of a deal. I have one too, straight from hk. But like other NIBs, i hevent touched it yet, lazy.

Thanx!
        hey wei yao! yep long time no see...get it out of the box!~ hhehe...
        i think its about time i get a proper glider... i have the fart and the electric glider but nothing really like this...

this is really tempting...

Comment

RAIN RAIN go AWAY...pls come again another day!!!!

...antbody know of anti-rain dance..with samba wind twist....I will pay you for a performance at Bedaok Reservoir this weekend.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vortices
            RAIN RAIN go AWAY...pls come again another day!!!!

...antbody know of anti-rain dance..with samba wind twist....I will pay you for a performance at Bedaok Reservoir this weekend.!!!
            maybe you can try dancing...

Comment

Hi guys,
              I understand that simulator cannot beat the real thing. I am also very crazy about the glider but as you know, the sunami, the green house effect , the vulcano, etc etc has affected our wind.

thus, I have tried out the simulator from greatplane and it works great for me. It has a slope and you can program how fast and direction of the wind.

I just using it for 2 hours a day , it is quite similar. If you want realistic effect, project it up to a big projector (take from office) then blow 3 fans at high speed on your face while you fly.

I am waiting too......

Comment

Originally posted by windgod
                Hi guys,
                I understand that simulator cannot beat the real thing. I am also very crazy about the glider but as you know, the sunami, the green house effect , the vulcano, etc etc has affected our wind.

thus, I have tried out the simulator from greatplane and it works great for me. It has a slope and you can program how fast and direction of the wind.

I just using it for 2 hours a day , it is quite similar. If you want realistic effect, project it up to a big projector (take from office) then blow 3 fans at high speed on your face while you fly.

I am waiting too......

That is one way you can simulate... i like the 3 fans now we need some sunlight.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyc
                  That is one way you can simulate... i like the 3 fans now we need some sunlight.
                  Get some metal halides lamp n uv lamp for the sun n sunburn effect too.

I was up at Kuantan last week n the wind over there was not strong at all. Light breeze only. Morning was very stale, can even fly a coaxial heli there. I tink tis season should be more or less like last season where the real winds come in at Jan n Feb.

Comment

Glad to hear I am not the only one....but fan and projectors! pls give me a call the next time you set it up..I will bring the beer.

if this continue...I will be trying aero-tow at woodlands..anybody has an overpower e-starter or piper cub?

Comment

we can book a Karaoke room and play there. there will be big screen , air con, beer , food etc. sound system also real.

the software also can make wind howling sound. we can do Dsing too

Comment

1345 29 dec 06

wind blowing, on the slope a little from the left about 20 degrees. Blowing 10 kts gusting 13kts. Good for all gliders. Clear sky fair weather cumulus. Visibility unlimited.

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Vortices
                          1345 29 dec 06

wind blowing, on the slope a little from the left about 20 degrees. Blowing 10 kts gusting 13kts. Good for all gliders. Clear sky fair weather cumulus. Visibility unlimited.

cheers.
                          Thats a pretty accurate reading for a month ahead forecast!!! Where to find such info???

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                            Thats a pretty accurate reading for a month ahead forecast!!! Where to find such info???
                            Adrian, he has access to the METAR

If you can tune in to ATIS, you can have realtime weather report from the airbases...

Comment

This is the link http://203.126.254.162/nowcast/wx.html

Bedok is between Paya Lebar and Changi. If the wind indicates ~45 degrees, the wind is direct to the slope.

Comment

Wah first time on slope. Now I am hook. Althought the wind was not fantastic, manage to stay up. First flight was a bit hairy not too sure how to do my approach but after a while I was ok.
                                When the wind start to pickup, my TX started to warn batt low, thanks to Calvin talk me into how to land. Thanks man.

Oh, park official came around and told us we can't fly there but thanks to chekgu he handle everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X