17 Easy Louvers 127
    18 Wing and Cabane Struts 131
    19 Instrument Panels 135
    20 Custom Pilots 141
    21 Custom Wing-Servo Mounts 147
    22 Duplicating Complicated Shapes 151
    23 Shapes with Complex Curves 159
    Useful Addresses 165

If you have ever drawn a sketch of an airplane, this book is for you. In fact, if you fit any of the following descriptions, this book (and the two volumes that preceded it) is exactly what you've been looking for.

• You are never satisfied with the ordinary.
    • You take a particular pride in your work.
    • You think model airplanes should look like their full-scale counterparts.
    • You don't like ARFs because they're "lookalikes."
    • You carry a picture of your latest airplane.
    • You like winning contests.
    • You see beyond the obvious.

This book is not about designing airplanes. It is about taking advantage of all the engineering work and experimentation that go into designing an aircraft that will fly well and adding your own touches to make it unique.

On the other hand, if you can design an airplane - draw the plans and build from scratch - this book is filled with ideas and building techniques that can help you build more easily. I've learned how to build airplanes by building airplanes, but kits have their place, too. The more kits you build, the more ideas you'll get, and the more techniques you'll eventually devise on your own.

I've found that if I can see the way someone built something that worked, I don't have to dream up a way to do it - or worse, experiment. I either do it precisely as it was done, or I alter the technique to suit myself. Throughout this book, I show the building techniques that work best for me. You may use these techniques as starting points and then enhance and embellish them by drawing on your own knowledge and experience; or perhaps you'll go with the notion that if a technique works, it doesn't need to be fixed.

This book doesn't deal with the simple "Pin the wood over the plan..." building technique; it's devoted to building and modifying the more difficult parts, such as cowls, wheel pants, tail fairings, wing fillets, louvers, cabane and wing struts and instrument panels.

Some models simply stand out from the rest. This book is all about making your model the stand-out!

Warning: customizing airplanes is like eating peanuts or potato chips: you can't "do" just one. Enjoy the experience and good luck!

This book is available, please post in this thread if any member is interested in borrowing.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

On loan to yeek

Comment

Working...
      X