This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You Dennis!!!

Thanks Dennis, I have been through those thouroughly and they are what got my HEAD SPINNING to go for this project....Have you seen this picture?
    WOW, that's the next project if I buy an airfield HA HA HA....
    Thanks Friend...
    Happy Flying....
    MOJO

Comment

Hi Mojo,

the battery and ESC depend on the Motor you will use.

2 Setup examples:

MAX Power (~1.3 kg thrust / fan):
      2x Mini Fan 480
      2x Typhoon 2W-20
      2x 60A ESC
      2x 3000mAh or bigger 4S 20C Lipo (min requirement)

1x external UBEC in case the ESC comes with a standard BEC only (e.g. Tsunami ESC's) You can save the external UBEC if you use a ESC with switching BEC (e.g. Jeti SPIN)

In this case each fan will draw around 50A at full throttle
      ~700 Watt per fan

Standard Power (~1.3 kg thrust / fan):
      2x Mini Fan 480
      2x Typhoon 3W
      2x 45A ESC
      1x 3300mAh or bigger 20C 4S Lipo (min requirement)
      Better would be 2x 2000-2500 4S packs

1x external UBEC in case the ESC comes with a standard BEC only (e.g. Tsunami ESC's) You can save the external UBEC if you use a ESC with switching BEC (e.g. Jeti SPIN)

In this case each fan will draw around 31A at full throttle
      ~450 Watt per fan

Comment

Big Decission!!!

Thank You Warbird for the power suggestions, sounds like you have been working with EDF's for a bit... OK The Big One!!! Which system do you prefer for the Airliner Project???
        Thank You Sir,
        Maurice MOJO

Comment

Hello Warbird! Check this site out...They are flying the Ming Special on 2 of these EDF-55's I'm sure my plane will have more weight...of course with gear & lights....Ok just some more info to fuel the PROJECT.....I would like to start to buy some equipment...
          Thank You Warbird
          MOJO

Comment

Hello Warbird! Check this site out...They are flying the Ming Special on 2 of these EDF-55's I'm sure my plane will have more weight...of course with gear & lights....Ok just some more info to fuel the PROJECT.....I would like to start to buy some equipment...
            Thank You Warbird
            MOJO

[QUOTE=Warbird]Hi Mojo

High-Power, High-Efficiency EDF 55 SET, at Bargain Price - See Details!

Optimal EDF 55 Set for 400 grams+ thrust at 17A!
            See the huge 1.9Kg Windrider AirBus A380 flying on only two AC-EDF55-SET01 motor sets!
            18.5MB High Resolution
            3.75MB Low Resolutio

You can find the clips on : aircraft-world.com

Thank You Mojo

Comment

Hi Mojo,

I think 800 grams of thrust for 1.9 kg is already at the edge )I'm downloading the video at the moment).

2.5 or even 2.2kg might already be to much to fly it properly.

I guess it depends if you want to fly full throttle all the time or prefer to have some power reserves in case you need them (e.g. cow on the runway.........ok maybe not in Singapore ).

A 55DF set similar to the one at Aircraft World is also available locally:
              Have a look here: http://www.rc-warbirds.com/product_i...roducts_id/440

cheers,
              Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Warbird
                Hi Mojo,

I think 800 grams of thrust for 1.9 kg is already at the edge )I'm downloading the video at the moment).

2.5 or even 2.2kg might already be to much to fly it properly.

I guess it depends if you want to fly full throttle all the time or prefer to have some power reserves in case you need them (e.g. cow on the runway.........ok maybe not in Singapore ).

A 55DF set similar to the one at Aircraft World is also available locally:
                Have a look here: http://www.rc-warbirds.com/product_i...roducts_id/440

cheers,
                Eric
                Hello Eric!!! I would like to fly scale like at normal speeds, the extra power if needed is always a good idea....Oh maybe a Water Buffalo here in Puhket....I will check out the site that you sent....
                Talk to you soon or as things develope, I would like to purchase all the power & electronic items soon....
                Later Friend...
                Happy Flying!!!!
                Maurice

Comment

Water Buffalo Ok you really need that additional power

Comment

Originally posted by Warbird
                    Water Buffalo Ok you really need that additional power
                    Hello Eric, I just checked out the 55 Fan & Motor Combo, looks pretty good similar to the one at Airplane-World and I think the Mini...
                    Eric I believe my plane will weigh a lot more than the one in the video, I think closer to 5 lbs. Can you tell me your thoughts for needed thrust to fly this weight plane scale looking, or what you believe the thrust requirement to fly it at any speed should be. I realize it's all to be seen when the model is ready to fly I just would like to try to get as close as possible with the #'s Eric I have never made a project similar to this one, I have matched up a few smaller electrics pretty good but not an EDF... OK when you get a chance.
                    Thank You Eric,
                    Mo

Comment

Hi Mojo,

As your plane is heavier and should be able to ROG you should go for a stronger setup.
                      The best possible setup would be a 2x Mini Fan 480 with Typhoon 2W-20 motors. ROG and powerful flight at 1/2 throttle shouldn't be a problem.

Make sure you get at least 2x 60A ESC and use a 4S Battery that can take a combined discharge of 100A at full throttle (e.g. 2x 2500 4S 20C).

Good luck !!

Comment

You may find the attached sheet useful which I downloaded from a US web site..

Comment

Sorry but the above attachment seems to have been cropped, here is the un-cropped version.

Comment

OK Eric I believe that will be the combo for this project....I will start to locate the equipment and buy it...
                            Thank You Dennis for the chart good information to have on hand....

Thanks for all the help guys, I will be sure to post a build thread on this one as soon as I get started....
                            See Ya All Up The Raod a Bit.....
                            Happy Flying!!!
                            ENJOY
                            MOJO

Comment

Originally posted by Grumman
                              OK Eric I believe that will be the combo for this project....I will start to locate the equipment and buy it...
                              Thank You Dennis for the chart good information to have on hand....

Thanks for all the help guys, I will be sure to post a build thread on this one as soon as I get started....
                              See Ya All Up The Raod a Bit.....
                              Happy Flying!!!
                              ENJOY
                              MOJO
                              Well that didn't last long, I had to find this package....What do you think about this Eric:

Product Information
                              70mm EDF Power System - 850g~900g Thrust Combo For 3s or 4s Battery
                              Using 14.8V voltage to produce thrust of over 850 grams, and only need to dawdle in the electric current of 27A.
                              Great thrust and small electric current loss , will let your flight work be more relaxed !!
                              Combo parts including
                              - AirPower 70mm Electric Ducted Fan Unit x 1
                              - AirPower 40A Brushless Motors Speed Controller x 1
                              - AirPower OM480 Outrunner Motor 2250kv x 1
                              - AirPower 11.1V-2000mAh-3S1P or 14.8V-2000mAh-4S1P x 1
                              - AirPower 4.0mm & Deans Ultra Connectors x 1

Let me know when you get a moment free Bud...
                              Thanks MOJO

Comment

That would be a slightly weaker setup then with a Typhoon 3W (the motor offered has a lower KV) - ~200-300 grams less.
                                If you go for it make sure to opt for the 4S setup. 3S will certainly be to weak for your plane.

I'm not sure what this setup costs but you might want to compare it to this minimum configuration (trusted and working):

2x WeMoTec Mini Fan 480 (they have an intake lip - important as it will improve performance significantly)
                                2x Typhoon 3W
                                2x Tsunami SPT 36 ESC
                                1x UBEC - required as you use 4S Lipos
                                2x Flightpower Evo20 2170 4S

Comment

Working...
                                X