Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lithium polymer user guide, please read.

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Query on flight times with different li-po batts

Firstly I'm a noob so if any of my queries sound really silly, pls pardon me.

Assuming I hv a 2200mah 25c 11.1v li-po batt pack that means:
    the max output for this batt would be 2.2A X 25=55A and the max time period in which the max output of 55A could be sustained would be 2.4mins.

First of all: is the above calculation correct?

Hence if I am using a motor eg OBL 29/37-10H with max rpm of 3700rpm with a max efficiency of of 4-20A and max surge of 30A/60s, would my following calculation of flight time be correct?

Since I am only a beginner just learning how to hover, my throttle curve is set at 50% for take off i.e.3700/2=1850rpm. Now I know for a fact that the power consumption for the motor is between 4A and 30A, which means that at 1850rpm, the power required would be 17A.

Before I proceed further: is the above calculation correct?

Therefore combining the two equations from the batt pack and motor (Notwithstanding other variables eg additional load like fuselage and weight of battery etc), I would calculate my flight times to be:

If 55A = 2.4mins then at 17A = 55/17 X 2.4 = approx 7mins but since we do NOT fly until the batt discharges completely, we would only fly 80% of the max 7mins which would come to approx 5.6mins.

Would this form of calculation be accurate?
    Heli-ADDICTION:
    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
      Firstly I'm a noob so if any of my queries sound really silly, pls pardon me.

Assuming I hv a 2200mah 25c 11.1v li-po batt pack that means:
      the max output for this batt would be 2.2A X 25=55A and the max time period in which the max output of 55A could be sustained would be 2.4mins.

First of all: is the above calculation correct?

Hence if I am using a motor eg OBL 29/37-10H with max rpm of 3700rpm with a max efficiency of of 4-20A and max surge of 30A/60s, would my following calculation of flight time be correct?

Since I am only a beginner just learning how to hover, my throttle curve is set at 50% for take off i.e.3700/2=1850rpm. Now I know for a fact that the power consumption for the motor is between 4A and 30A, which means that at 1850rpm, the power required would be 17A.

Before I proceed further: is the above calculation correct?

Therefore combining the two equations from the batt pack and motor (Notwithstanding other variables eg additional load like fuselage and weight of battery etc), I would calculate my flight times to be:

If 55A = 2.4mins then at 17A = 55/17 X 2.4 = approx 7mins but since we do NOT fly until the batt discharges completely, we would only fly 80% of the max 7mins which would come to approx 5.6mins.

Would this form of calculation be accurate?
      hey bro... alr answered ur qns at ur other thread...
      try nt to ask the same qns twice at different places...
      later u kena flamed by other kind forumers... =)))
      cheers...

Comment

Working...
      X