Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bukit Batok Flying Club

Google Earth Coordinates to Bukit Batok Flying Field.

If you have Google Earth installed, you can double-click on the attached Placemark file (unzip first) and it will fly you to a location. If not, you will need to install Google Earth first (available at http://earth.google.com).

22182.zip

Didnt realise they had a new website while I was still looking at the old website for the 3DX 2008 info. Old website : http://geocities.com/bbafc_singapore/

New website : http://www.bbafc.org/

Can the webmaster of BBAFC take note, thks.

Comment

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the mention..

Originally posted by Adrianli
      Didnt realise they had a new website while I was still looking at the old website for the 3DX 2008 info. Old website : http://geocities.com/bbafc_singapore/

New website : http://www.bbafc.org/

Can the webmaster of BBAFC take note, thks.

Comment

No problem, BBAFC old website was under my favorities folder so I wanted to check out the 3DX 2008 but was shocked that I could not find anything on it. Reading thru the 3DX 2008 thread in DH, then I realise got new website.

Comment

im not a member.. but i think it'd be a gd idea to provide a link from the old site to the new site
          Heli:
          . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
          . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
          . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
          . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
          . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
          . Ok Model Medallion
          . E*Star Storch
          . ElectriFly S.E.5a
          . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
          . Canon 7D & 500D
          . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
          . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
          . Canon 85mm f1.8
          . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

i've been to the field a few times mostly to watch some competition of sorts, and i don't find the field really appealing. the trip into the area is already a turn off, then followed by muddy tracks. anybody in bbafc care to share if there's ongoing maintenance of this field? it's quite a sad sight. i live in bukit batok, but am not attracted to it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by detach8
              i've been to the field a few times mostly to watch some competition of sorts, and i don't find the field really appealing. the trip into the area is already a turn off, then followed by muddy tracks. anybody in bbafc care to share if there's ongoing maintenance of this field? it's quite a sad sight. i live in bukit batok, but am not attracted to it at all.
              My wild guess is:

1) That is a leased land from Govt only.
              2) Money no enough.

If u want nice nice place to fly, money is really really important here. If not, jus make the best of what is presently available. If someone comes up wif a proposal of a golf country club style flying field, I will put in my name for registration!!! But too bad, the govt dont see r/c making as much money as golf.

Comment

You're right Adrian. $$$

This is the typical chicken and egg problem. people don't come because of poor facility, but the club cannot afford good facility when there's not enough people.

There are plans to establish another shelter over at the other side of the field so that flyers need not face the morning Sun. There are also other plans for improvement in the pipeline. But I guess the club need to work on harvesting enough funds for this purpose, before moving on to country club look That is if there's that much funds to harvest.

The coming local 3DX should be looked at as the start of most things. hence, hope all talents will not shy away from this competition, and all members should support the event by making lot's of noise. Who knows. maybe the noise is loud enough to attract some good attention from companies like
                C. Melchers or Redbull etc..

8 years ago. Children will get caned and scolded for wasting too much time playing computers games. 8 years later. parents buy the best machine for this purpose, and some people actually get paid just to play games.

My wild guess is:

1) That is a leased land from Govt only.
                2) Money no enough.

If u want nice nice place to fly, money is really really important here. If not, jus make the best of what is presently available. If someone comes up wif a proposal of a golf country club style flying field, I will put in my name for registration!!! But too bad, the govt dont see r/c making as much money as golf.

Comment

Originally posted by detach8
                  The path in is no different from PPFC or RMS. in what way the field is not appealing? we will definately bring it up to chairman abt it.

thanks,
                  Danny.
                  Kedi AH !

Comment

PBFC needs to drive in ~350 meters of mud track and eaded up just next to the main road . Besides, I think it is quite difficult to retrieve the plane from the bushes. RMS needs to drive in ~150 meter but is a little far and $$$ for me.
                    Oh I used to fly at Tuas next to Hiflux, not so $$$ with a nice flying green field but you have to drive in ~550 meters, hence rainy session is almost unreachable with normal car. . Just cant understand why they arranged the runway so far inside. It would be great if I just need to drive in ~150 meters.

Comment

Thanks for the kind feedback.

Over the last 2 years, the club has done the following improvements:
                      1) Regular grass cutting
                      2) Frequency tag and notice board
                      3) Bush clearing
                      4) Fence repair
                      5) Tall safety nets for use on special events
                      6) Websites ( both the old one hosted at geocities and the new one www.bbafc.org)

As mentioned by "tucfaz", the club has plans to further improve the facilities. But due to limited budget, we can only do one at a time.

Therefore, the club looks forward to your continuous support of BBAFC, especially our flagship event, 3DX Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by yapjy
                        Thanks for the kind feedback.

Over the last 2 years, the club has done the following improvements:
                        1) Regular grass cutting
                        2) Frequency tag and notice board
                        3) Bush clearing
                        4) Fence repair
                        5) Tall safety nets for use on special events
                        6) Websites ( both the old one hosted at geocities and the new one www.bbafc.org)

As mentioned by "tucfaz", the club has plans to further improve the facilities. But due to limited budget, we can only do one at a time.

Therefore, the club looks forward to your continuous support of BBAFC, especially our flagship event, 3DX Singapore.
                        That is not enough just by doing all this we have to go all the way out to recruit new member.More money from the member more thing can be done.I don think people were come and join just like that.we have promote BBAFC to other to know .So we have to form a delicated team to promote BBAFC.
                        Heli

Align Trex 600N (Nitro ) Full Bling Gyro GY611. Governor
                        TJ Rev Max
                        Mini Titan SE
                        DJI Phantom Quad

Glider EP

TT Soaring Star (2M) Glider
                        Reichard Baracuda (3M) Glider
                        Mulitplex Easy Glider 4

Car
                        Kyosho 1/10 pitwork nitro car
                        Baja 5B SS 26cc gas engine with tune pipe

Nitro Plane

Sportman Aviation 50

Gas Plane Hokusei 300L 30cc Gas Plane
                        Goldwing Edge 540 50cc Gas Plane
                        Blackhorse Splitfire 120 size with DLE 20cc gas engine.
                        Sebart sukoi 30cc gas plane
                        Hokusai 30cc gas plane

Kyosho 40 size Splitfire Os 56size 4 stroke plane.
                        Hyperion Telios 90 Electric plane.
                        JR9XII 72.XXX MHZ
                        JR XG 14 DMSS
                        Futaba 14 MZ sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Rider
                          That is not enough just by doing all this we have to go all the way out to recruit new member.More money from the member more thing can be done.I don think people were come and join just like that.we have promote BBAFC to other to know .So we have to form a delicated team to promote BBAFC.
                          Form a team of flyers to demo weekly at different schools and learning institution. Esp. those where rich parents send their kids to.

Comment

An example from a boating forum I visit :

I was out trying to find a few more mph in my little Xzess rigger this morning. Next door to my lake is a primary school and I did not realize it at the time but I had an audience. I looked behind me and there was about 25 primary school kids and 2 teachers.
                            One of the teachers came over to me and introduced herself to me and said how amazed all of them were at the speed of the boat. She told me she was their science teacher and commented how a lot of science is tied up in the boat. Then she asked me if I would mind telling the kids about my boat and how it is related to science if they sat quietly on the rocks. I told her I was more than happy to do that.

I have never seen young ones so quiet. I explained how I controlled the boat via radio signals from the transmitter and then asked 2 boys and 2 girls to come and operate the throttle on the transmitter so they could see how they could control the motor speed. Yes guys I know it is not good for the esc doing that but kids love interactive. Then I got 2 more boys and 2 girls to operate the rudder wheel on the radio so they could see what that does and explained how the rudder would turn the boat.

I guess I was talking to them for about 15 minutes and then we had question time. It is amazing but most of the questions ended with “will you make it go again”. After being the teacher for about 20 minutes what else could I do but give the boat another run. I know what some of those kids will be asking for at Christmas or next birthday.

I just thought I would share that with you as it was a bit of a special moment to stand in front of those kids and tell them about the thing I love doing. Maybe a few others out there have had some great experiences they would like to share with us.

Comment

Wah.. That's really cool of you to have done that.. for you.. I guess many would have shy away from such request..

While your encounter was with Boats.. We believe many did not know that according to Singapore sport council, "Aeromodelling" is considered a sport. Hence, the next time you stand in front of these kids. tell them they don't have to wait for X'mas or their birthday to come.. as engaging in Aeromodelling, they're engage with a recognized sports.

An example from a boating forum I visit :

I was out trying to find a few more mph in my little Xzess rigger this morning. Next door to my lake is a primary school and I did not realize it at the time but I had an audience. I looked behind me and there was about 25 primary school kids and 2 teachers.
                              One of the teachers came over to me and introduced herself to me and said how amazed all of them were at the speed of the boat. She told me she was their science teacher and commented how a lot of science is tied up in the boat. Then she asked me if I would mind telling the kids about my boat and how it is related to science if they sat quietly on the rocks. I told her I was more than happy to do that.

I have never seen young ones so quiet. I explained how I controlled the boat via radio signals from the transmitter and then asked 2 boys and 2 girls to come and operate the throttle on the transmitter so they could see how they could control the motor speed. Yes guys I know it is not good for the esc doing that but kids love interactive. Then I got 2 more boys and 2 girls to operate the rudder wheel on the radio so they could see what that does and explained how the rudder would turn the boat.

I guess I was talking to them for about 15 minutes and then we had question time. It is amazing but most of the questions ended with “will you make it go again”. After being the teacher for about 20 minutes what else could I do but give the boat another run. I know what some of those kids will be asking for at Christmas or next birthday.

I just thought I would share that with you as it was a bit of a special moment to stand in front of those kids and tell them about the thing I love doing. Maybe a few others out there have had some great experiences they would like to share with us.

Comment

Working...
                              X