Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pandagold View Post
    I'm new to RC Planes and had visited the site several time .

Wondering if I become a member, can I use flying site on weekdays morning ?

I'm kinda afraid of flying on the weekend as my inexperience may cause problems with the other flyers... like crashing into them etc ...
    Tuesdays and Thursdays are good days to fly at the site. There are not many fliers. Furthermore, there are several very friendly and experience fliers there
    who can give you advice in flying. Do let them know that you are a new member. They will share with you the approach to land your aeroplanes.

Comment

Membership Card

Hi

I am very new in this hobby.

I joined BBFC 3 weeks ago ie. paid the one year (12 months) membership fee. I sent the receipt and details to the email : bbafcmail@gmail.com . I was informed that the card will be sent to me. But it is already 3 weeks and no card yet and also no other information.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I just go there to fly without the membership card?

2. How can I inform the club when I fly on weekdays (which is the only time I can fly), since the rules stated that I have to register if I want to go on weekdays.

Thank You

Comment

Gate locked!

Just recently this sign appeared on the outside gate leading to the club field. Maybe I am not the first person to raise this.

I am wondering who put it up, since there is no authority stated on the notice??! If it's to deter illegal parking, this is no way to do it. Worse, nothing stated on the notice so who to call?

Now though I am a member, but access to the field is blocked. Some of us do fly on odd hours or early hours of the day to avoid the crowd and to avoid adding to the crowd in the popular hours.

I hope the committee can check this out. Please feel free to PM if not to be discussed publicly. Thanks, and much appreciate the efforts. <br> <br>
        ------------------------------
        Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
        NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
          Just recently this sign appeared on the outside gate leading to the club field. Maybe I am not the first person to raise this.

I am wondering who put it up, since there is no authority stated on the notice??! If it's to deter illegal parking, this is no way to do it. Worse, nothing stated on the notice so who to call?

Now though I am a member, but access to the field is blocked. Some of us do fly on odd hours or early hours of the day to avoid the crowd and to avoid adding to the crowd in the popular hours.

I hope the committee can check this out. Please feel free to PM if not to be discussed publicly. Thanks, and much appreciate the efforts.
          Oh...and I thought I am the only one having the problem.

Been there on a few early mornings this month and last, only to be locked out. Who do I contact to open the gate? It is really crap when you wake up at 6am to go fly, only to arrive to a locked gate.

sigpic

Comment

Spoke to a fellow member on sunday morning.

Apparently last sat morning, some flyers were locked in the field, while some flyers were locked out of the field.

Does anyone know any number to call if:

1. I want to fly on mornings, weekdays or weekends

2. I am locked inside for whatever reason

Please please help me....

sigpic

Comment

Not Much Help and Use at All

Since Nov 2011 I have paid $94 sub and have yet to get even a decent membership card as stated in the membership term. From Nov to Feb is already 3 months!!

Despite my emails I was told to bring my receipt everytime I go to BBFC in lieu of the card. The question is why till now there is not even a decent card.

Next is this problem of the fear of being locked out as there is no contact no at all. This is despite my email to request for a contact. And all the plead here in this forum for clarity in using the place on weekdays.

It looks like the $94 payment as a sub is a waste of money and time for ppl who do not fly on weekends.

My advise here is do not waste your $ nor your time here, go join other club instead. I have lost $94 here on this club and I am posting to others not to fall into a similar situation here!

Comment

The club has been undergoing many changes and the new card and website is still being designed and is still under-going changes. Recently we have been concentrating on the improvements of the flying site. Widening and lengthening of the runway, paving of the car park area, extending the shelter area etc.

Our apologies for you not having received your membership card. But I am sure you have not been stop from flying without the card. I will try and work out a temp pass for you until the new card is ready.

As for the operating hours, the club is officially operating weekends. The club is also open every Tuesday and Thursday (during good weather). Bukit Batok is the only flying club that allow flying activities during weekdays within the club compound. There is no flying club in Singapore that operates every day.

The membership fees is used to maintain, improve the flying site as well as periodically organizing BBQs, night events for members.

Please look for Daren or Gil on your next visit and we can have your concerns addressed.

Regards
                BBRCC
                Its Just a Hobby. But its also an obsession!!

Comment

No Updates nor mails etc

Originally posted by darenlsl View Post
                  The club has been undergoing many changes and the new card and website is still being designed and is still under-going changes. Recently we have been concentrating on the improvements of the flying site. Widening and lengthening of the runway, paving of the car park area, extending the shelter area etc.

Our apologies for you not having received your membership card. But I am sure you have not been stop from flying without the card. I will try and work out a temp pass for you until the new card is ready.

As for the operating hours, the club is officially operating weekends. The club is also open every Tuesday and Thursday (during good weather). Bukit Batok is the only flying club that allow flying activities during weekdays within the club compound. There is no flying club in Singapore that operates every day.

The membership fees is used to maintain, improve the flying site as well as periodically organizing BBQs, night events for members.

Please look for Daren or Gil on your next visit and we can have your concerns addressed.

Regards
                  BBRCC
                  The website is still not working.

The Card are still not issued.

"The membership fees is used to maintain, improve the flying site as well as periodically organizing BBQs, night events for members." as a new member since Nov 10 till now I have never received any mails of any updates, organised activities like as stated ie BBQ etc at all. I just resigned to the fact that nothing is done at all and treat my so call "membership $ as donation to charity.

For those wishing to join this club, please do it with eyes opened.

Comment

Working...
                  X