Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Adrian,

The definition of a club says it all. There is no need to elaborate further.

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
    Sorry, but I still do not agree to the comments written by the committee members/BBAFC members. However I will leave it as it is, tis is all abt how a person conducts himself(someone in authority) and putting his words across tactfully.

Frankly, to promote aeromodelling hobby, do not be an internet hero. Go out n influence the young n old. Those who are here, have already jumped on the aeromodelling band wagon. Please refer to my example of my earlier posting before the Yapjy posting. Somehow I sound like a MOE spokesperson. I love the song "I like to teach the world to sing"

And lastly still no one can give concrete/supporting reasons why the notice was not posted in BBAFC instead.

No more further comments from me on tis topic, let the public judge for themselves. Not disengaging from any questions put forward to me.

Comment

I think its really a shame that members of a club and hobby forum are having this kind of exchange here.

Let's suspend this arguement/discuss and wait for the club chairman and forum owner to tell us their point of views.

As far as I am concerned....non of the views posted are actual representations of what the club chairman and forum owner.

Chill people.
      TREX 500 ESP
      Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Disengaging! Heading home!
        Kedi AH !

Comment

just wonder, will the counter at the CC issue a soft copy reciept? If not, how are we going to send a soft copy reciept to the email stated?

Members of the public can sign up online at http://one.pa.gov.sg or at Bukit Batok Community Club. Once registered, please send an email together with the softcopy of the reciept to bbafcmail@gmail.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it , stating your name, NRIC, contact number, race, nationality, address and sign up date. The committee will get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by khpan2003 View Post
            just wonder, will the counter at the CC issue a soft copy reciept? If not, how are we going to send a soft copy reciept to the email stated?

Members of the public can sign up online at http://one.pa.gov.sg or at Bukit Batok Community Club. Once registered, please send an email together with the softcopy of the reciept to bbafcmail@gmail.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it , stating your name, NRIC, contact number, race, nationality, address and sign up date. The committee will get back to you.
            You print to pdf to get the soft copy.
            I'm using this one
            You have to download the two files
            Pdf995 Printer Driver
            Free Converter
            Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

what i have is laptops but no other PC instruments to convert or scan the paper receipt

is there other way?

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post
              You print to pdf to get the soft copy.
              I'm using this one
              You have to download the two files
              Pdf995 Printer Driver
              Free Converter

Comment

Originally posted by khpan2003 View Post

what i have is laptops but no other PC instruments to convert or scan the paper receipt

is there other way?
                Or you can come down to BBAFC on Sat morning or Sunday morning to hand me your photostate receipt,the rest I were settle for you.
                Heli

Align Trex 600N (Nitro ) Full Bling Gyro GY611. Governor
                TJ Rev Max
                Mini Titan SE
                DJI Phantom Quad

Glider EP

TT Soaring Star (2M) Glider
                Reichard Baracuda (3M) Glider
                Mulitplex Easy Glider 4

Car
                Kyosho 1/10 pitwork nitro car
                Baja 5B SS 26cc gas engine with tune pipe

Nitro Plane

Sportman Aviation 50

Gas Plane Hokusei 300L 30cc Gas Plane
                Goldwing Edge 540 50cc Gas Plane
                Blackhorse Splitfire 120 size with DLE 20cc gas engine.
                Sebart sukoi 30cc gas plane
                Hokusai 30cc gas plane

Kyosho 40 size Splitfire Os 56size 4 stroke plane.
                Hyperion Telios 90 Electric plane.
                JR9XII 72.XXX MHZ
                JR XG 14 DMSS
                Futaba 14 MZ sigpic

Comment

An example from a boating forum I visit :

I was out trying to find a few more mph in my little Xzess rigger this morning. Next door to my lake is a primary school and I did not realize it at the time but I had an audience. I looked behind me and there was about 25 primary school kids and 2 teachers.
                  One of the teachers came over to me and introduced herself to me and said how amazed all of them were at the speed of the boat. She told me she was their science teacher and commented how a lot of science is tied up in the boat. Then she asked me if I would mind telling the kids about my boat and how it is related to science if they sat quietly on the rocks. I told her I was more than happy to do that.

I have never seen young ones so quiet. I explained how I controlled the boat via radio signals from the transmitter and then asked 2 boys and 2 girls to come and operate the throttle on the transmitter so they could see how they could control the motor speed. Yes guys I know it is not good for the esc doing that but kids love interactive. Then I got 2 more boys and 2 girls to operate the rudder wheel on the radio so they could see what that does and explained how the rudder would turn the boat.

I guess I was talking to them for about 15 minutes and then we had question time. It is amazing but most of the questions ended with “will you make it go again”. After being the teacher for about 20 minutes what else could I do but give the boat another run. I know what some of those kids will be asking for at Christmas or next birthday.

I just thought I would share that with you as it was a bit of a special moment to stand in front of those kids and tell them about the thing I love doing. Maybe a few others out there have had some great experiences they would like to share with us.
                  I hope not to sound too negative, but problem with introducing r/c in schools is:
                  (1) Looks nice to the kids, but they are mostly only interested in DRIVING, and not in FIXING or MAINTAINING.
                  (2) RESPONSIBILITY - most of the kids will end up not taking care of the equipment, especially if provided by the school.
                  (3) PRICE, e.g. beginner's set for r/c airplane is around $300, which turns off a lot of students. Not to mention the almost continuous flow of cash required to fix/upgrade.

Sustaining such activity in schools is always a great challenge due to the above factors.

But that said, it's a great hobby for building up hands-on skill, resourcefulness, creativity, responsibility.
                  ------------------------------
                  Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                  NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
                    I hope not to sound too negative, but problem with introducing r/c in schools is:
                    (1) Looks nice to the kids, but they are mostly only interested in DRIVING, and not in FIXING or MAINTAINING.
                    (2) RESPONSIBILITY - most of the kids will end up not taking care of the equipment, especially if provided by the school.
                    (3) PRICE, e.g. beginner's set for r/c airplane is around $300, which turns off a lot of students. Not to mention the almost continuous flow of cash required to fix/upgrade.

Sustaining such activity in schools is always a great challenge due to the above factors.

But that said, it's a great hobby for building up hands-on skill, resourcefulness, creativity, responsibility.
                    1) They can try the Simulators 1st.
                    2) This needs to be instilled into them. I was Technical student while in Sec school and we learn how to operate lathes, drilling machine, electric saws, etc...
                    3) Papa or Mama's pocket. Which parents wont wana buy things for their kids. Most kids get more pocket money than my daily expenses!!!

No need to implement it in a school environment. Have at a club n the students get together to fly n built their stuff. Such things do it outside the school would be much better mentally for the kids. Dont need a teacher to be an authority figure there.

Comment

Yup, setting up such clubs in schools has long history of failure or degenerate into inactiveness after a while...

Schools take out the fun by putting a lot of pressure on winning competitions, putting up display on open house, etc. Turns fun into work

Anyway, since this thread is on BB Flying Club, I want to find out if there are other alternative flying fields in the West area (besides Tuas)?

There's a huge field next to Corporation Primary School, but I rarely see fliers there... and hearsay is that flying r/c planes is officially banned there??

Anyone can confirm? Was there any police action?
                      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.

Comment

May I know wat is ur flying model??? A plane or heli? Big or small?

Comment

May I know wat is ur flying model??? A plane or heli? Big or small?
                          Slowstick! Still new, that's why asking about flying fields...

Thinking of moving to heli, as it seems easier to get regular practice - rain or shine, and don't need a huge field... Sticking to electrics for now.

Comment

My membership card is still left on the board....

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan M View Post
                              My membership card is still left on the board....
                              It will stay there usually.
                              Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Any one got any idea how long is the usual "wait" before the committee will contact you after emailing them the membership application to the specified email address ??

Comment

Working...
                                X